Will Rex be the Browns' Bilichick or the Jets-Pats' Pete Carroll?

DRJETS

If Rex is fired after the season and he go on to another team,  Will he take this experience with the Jets the same way Bilichick did with the Browns or P. Carroll did with both the Jets and NE and go from there to have an excellent coaching career?

What I noticed was that both Carroll and Billichick both were good defensive coordinators and went on to learn their mistakes from their previous experience.  None of them had early success like Rex in their first coaching career.  Sadly knowing our history it is inevitable that Rex will accomplishes great things as a HC for another team. 

DISCUSS   

Your choices are Bellichick or Carroll?  Like all of our ex-coaches have gone on to win the superbowl?  No love for Herm or Mangini?

Personally I think he'll get another shot one day.  And if he's had some time to think about things and grow, it's possible he'll succeed.  But probably not...

More likely to be the eagles' buddy Ryan

I remember vividly like today when Pete Carroll was fired. I thought he will never get another chance to be a HC for another team.  That was how pissed I was about his tenure here.   Before you know it the Pats hired him as their HC.  After that I though other NFL teams learnt their lesson.  Bill Bilichick had 4 out of 5 losing season with the Browns.  Back then, he was known to be the most miserable coach on the space of the Earth and he had Vinny in his prime. 

If Rex is fired after the season and he go on to another team,  Will he take this experience with the Jets the same way Bilichick did with the Browns or P. Carroll did with both the Jets and NE and go from there to have an excellent coaching career?

What I noticed was that both Carroll and Billichick both were good defensive coordinators and went on to learn their mistakes from their previous experience.  None of them had early success like Rex in their first coaching career.  Sadly knowing our history it is inevitable that Rex will accomplishes great things as a HC for another team. 

DISCUSS   

Definitely. That's the toughest part to take about this: knowing that he'll go on to lead some other team to victory while we're mired in a never-ending string of guys like Kotite and Edwards.

I was more afraid of Herm leading the Chiefs to a title than I am of Rex ever leading another team to the playoffs.

I doubt that, shame.  Imagine if Rex had bubble gun Chad to manage the game.  He only took Mangini players minus Favre. 

OP herped when he should've derped.

Definitely. That's the toughest part to take about this: knowing that he'll go on to lead some other team to victory while we're mired in a never-ending string of guys like Kotite and Edwards.

Rex will go on to become Lombardi/Walsh/Shula all rolled into one, except better in all facets of the game.

I was more afraid of Herm leading the Chiefs to a title than I am of Rex ever leading another team to the playoffs.

if Rex has proven anything it's that he's his fathers son , just like buddy I would bet his first stop will be his most successful , prob bomb in job # 2 like buddy did in Arizona and then have a nice run as a DC like buddy in Houston ...or he could save himself all the travel and go right to TV which would prob be the best thing

First I'd like to know how many of the Ryan brothers (not Buddy) have been either a DC or HC for a team that appeared in a Super bowl?  I was searching for that answer and I think its ZERO.  The Ryans D seems to get beat like a drum in big games.

I think its possible for Rex to win a SB as a head coach or DC (more likely a DC) but the team would have to have strong veteran leadership, an elite level QB, and a well established offense in place.  Don't give Wrex a young QB unless you want to destroy them.

Only way Ryan works as HC is if he gets a primo QB already in place and they take him on to straighen out a defense. WHich makes the point;l he can be a denct DC nut nothing more. Simply the guy has no input on offense, which since defense is the flip side of defense, is maddening. Hard to sell Ryan to a fan base or owner off this crappy 6 years of offense. It's a pssing league, Ryan runs a Woody Hayes dumb ass offense.

Archived