i have been working my tail off so far this season

ylekram

and I finally had a chance yesterday to catch up and watch a few dvr'd games a little more thoroughly. the one thing that smacks you right in the face is how bad the offensive line is. I don't ever remember it being this bad. in the past there was only one really bad player on the line that made it look bad. this year it is just putrid. how can any young developing qb survive with limited weapons and with this oline?

breno giacomini- pure trash. completely "wiffs" 4 or 5 times a game. there were more in the Denver game. this is no surprise to me, as I was very familiar with this player in seattle and have had heated debates with other posters on this site about his ability.the view I heard was that he was good enough for seattle, he has to be good enough for the jets.lol I knew I was right all along. he has some run block in him and can handle the bullrush. use any kinda move on him and he is beat. do the jets really have 2 1/2 more years of this guy?

brian winters- maybe a **** hair below giacomini. has some run blocking in him and can handle a bulrush. same player as giacomini.injury might be a blessing in disguise

colon- same ol player here. probably the most consistant of the bunch. his ceiling at this point is just average

brick- having a rough time manning that left tackle position. regularly gives up qb pressure

mangold- not the player he once was but is the best of the bunch

don't want to give your young,struggling qb any expensive weapons? that's fine. maybe he hasn't earned that. set him up with a disaster of an offensive line and you truly are setting him up to fail. if idzik is going to be around for another year or 2, he needs to fix the oline immediately.

and I finally had a chance yesterday to catch up and watch a few dvr'd games a little more thoroughly. the one thing that smacks you right in the face is how bad the offensive line is. I don't ever remember it being this bad. in the past there was only one really bad player on the line that made it look bad. this year it is just putrid. how can any young developing qb survive with limited weapons and with this oline?

breno giacomini- pure trash. completely "wiffs" 4 or 5 times a game. there were more in the Denver game. this is no surprise to me, as I was very familiar with this player in seattle and have had heated debates with other posters on this site about his ability.the view I heard was that he was good enough for seattle, he has to be good enough for the jets.lol I knew I was right all along. he has some run block in him and can handle the bullrush. use any kinda move on him and he is beat. do the jets really have 2 1/2 more years of this guy?

brian winters- maybe a **** hair below giacomini. has some run blocking in him and can handle a bulrush. same player as giacomini.injury might be a blessing in disguise

colon- same ol player here. probably the most consistant of the bunch. his ceiling at this point is just average

brick- having a rough time manning that left tackle position. regularly gives up qb pressure

don't want to give your young,struggling qb any expensive weapons? that's fine. maybe he hasn't earned that. set him up with a disaster of an offensive line and you truly are setting him up to fail. if idzik is going to be around for another year or 2, he needs to fix the oline immediately.

I don't care who the coach or GM are, if they don't fix the OL, then we're going to be having this same conversation over and over and over again... the QB sucks, the coach sucks, the GM sucks, because we can't score points and our defense is on the field far too much.

Simple math, that the Jets can't seem to figure out.

I looked at PFF rankings this morning....

As of today, the five worst rated run blockers on the Jets entire roster, not just the linemen, but all 53 are:

Tommy Bohanon

Brian Winters

Willie Colon

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Jeff Cumberland

The only two players who are rated "above average" are Mangold, and Amaro.

I'd say Ferguson is the most overrated Jet of all time.

I'd say he's rated just about right.  I don't think anyone has him going to Canton, but he's been a very good LT for many years who will occasionally get beat by speed rushers.  He's lost a step and the team is bad so now it's magnified, but I like what he's done and I don't think anyone is placing him among the all-time great LT's.

Well I taped and watched a couple games and if the sh*tty QB did not hold the ball so long the line woukd look better. Watched St Louis QB on Mon night and even that scrub was making his drop and getting the ball out.

Geno is not smart enough to go threw his progressions fast enough.

Well I taped and watched a couple games and if the sh*tty QB did not hold the ball so long the line woukd look better. Watched St Louis QB on Mon night and even that scrub was making his drop and getting the ball out.

Bingo!

There was an article posted on here recently where someone broke down  QB pressure.  The opponents QB's have been taking much worst of a beating then Geno has.

With that said I also believe that the Jets OL needs to be up graded very soon .

which reminds me, Where the heck has Sperm been?

Mangold looks a shadow of himself.

I will always wonder how our good our OL would be with Gabe Jackson on it. The JETS absolutely screwed that 3rd round pick in the draft.

I don't care who the coach or GM are, if they don't fix the OL, then we're going to be having this same conversation over and over and over again... the QB sucks, the coach sucks, the GM sucks, because we can't score points and our defense is on the field far too much.

Simple math, that the Jets can't seem to figure out.

I've been all about this for like ever. I just gave up talking about it when I realized it was a pipe dream. IMO they squandered the opportunity to have an Elite NFL OL with one of the best players in their history. I truly believe Mangold's ineffectiveness at times has been the sh*t surrounding him. A wasted opportunity of talent IMO. 

I've been all about this for like ever. I just gave up talking about it when I realized it was a pipe dream. IMO they squandered the opportunity to have an Elite NFL OL with one of the best players in their history. I truly believe Mangold's ineffectiveness at times has been the sh*t surrounding him. A wasted opportunity of talent IMO. 

I'm in absolute agreement.

People are always whining about Revis could have been the best Jet ever, well, I felt that way about Mangold, but just like our QB, if you surround him with garbage it's going to bring him down.

Which is exactly why the Hoyer stuff is kind of silly. He's got one of the best olines in football.

What Hoyer stuff?  Are people really mentioning it or are you talking about me saying it the other day?  I sure don't know enough about Hoyer to make him a huge want.  We just need a QB and he is the name people are mentioning.  Doesn't seem like a bad floor to have, but I would not want to be putting all my eggs in that basket.

not only that but even after the pocket collapses and all the defenders are rolling on the ground laughing.

Geno then goes into super fast release mode and throws it at the feet of the nearest Jet. huh?

Instead of doing what everyone elses QB does which is step away from the pressure and look down field for someone to get open and the clock starts over as if new play.

And when you have WR's that struggle mightily with getting separation or good route running in general ...  guess it adds up to a bad passing game.

That's ok ... thank God we still have a crushing run game.

Archived