Geno Stinks So Do the Jets

Smashmouth

if this guy throws one pass for the Jets next season or is named the starter pre - season I'm not sure I can watch this team.

Been a fan for 43 years and I've never said that and never had less hope than I do now.

This team is bad in just about every phase of the game or should I say every phase of an organization.

Scouting Dept ? Sucks

head Coaching/Coordinators/Assistant coaches All Suck

GM - Sucks

Owner - Not sure what's going on here because a lot of this discussion on Woody is pure speculation but I have to say I was extremely disappointed when Woody made the terrible decision to share a stadium with the Giants when he had the Golden opportunity to break away and give his team its own Identity. Remember the days of Shea Stadium ? best fans in the NFL at that time ...What do we have now ? A moronic chant that just annoys the sh*t out of me when I see Jets fans repeating it while on camera at Drafts, Pre-games and Post games to the point we look like mindless idiots. Sure we had the chants at Shea but it was not worn out to the point of making we want to puke like it is now.

This team Needs a face of the franchise at QB that will being back our respectability.... its hilarious they thought Geno would be that guy he does not even look the part. The year before Geno was drafted there was some talk of him being the top pick.... amazing everyone passed on him until the Idiot Jets picked in the second round. Sure it was probably not a bad pick at the time but the guy was passed on for a reason he's got the talent but he's just as stupid as can be. Stupid does not = great or even good QB .

Anything short of firing the entire Scouting Dept GM and HC will be a failure IMHO.

I think Coaching and lack of preparation is huge in this lack of success, we need a serviceable QB.

Geno is just plain stupid, He can't read a D. The OLine is serviceable, D-Line is Stellar, Defensive back field is Awful. linebacker needs some young blood. Receiver is looking a lot better Amero is a future Star, and Decker is a very solid 2.

I think a good draft, new coaching staff, and FA, will transform this Team.

I think Coaching and lack of preparation is huge in this lack of success, we need a serviceable QB.

Geno is just plain stupid, He can't read a D. The OLine is serviceable, D-Line is Stellar, Defensive back field is Awful. linebacker needs some young blood. Receiver is looking a lot better Amero is a future Star, and Decker is a very solid 2.

I think a good draft, new coaching staff, and FA, will transform this Team.

we can only hope burnley

coaching and lack of prep are big in this league. Sometimes good coaches can transform a team that has some talent ... The jets of 96 and the 49er's of recent years under Harbaugh come to mind

if this guy throws one pass for the Jets next season or is named the starter pre - season I'm not sure I can watch this team.

Been a fan for 43 years and I've never said that and never had less hope than I do now.

This team is bad in just about every phase of the game or should I say every phase of an organization.

Scouting Dept ? Sucks

GM - Sucks

Owner - Not sure what's going on here because a lot of this discussion on Woody is pure speculation but I have to say I was extremely disappointed when Woody made the terrible decision to share a stadium with the Giants when he had the Golden opportunity to break away and give his team its own Identity. Remember the days of Shea Stadium ? best fans in the NFL at that time ...What do we have now ? A moronic chant that just annoys the sh*t out of me when I see Jets fans repeating it while on camera at Drafts, Pre-games and Post games to the point we look like mindless idiots. Sure we had the chants at Shea but it was not worn out to the point of making we want to puke like it is now.

This team Needs a face of the franchise at QB that will being back our respectability.... its hilarious they thought Geno would be that guy he does not even look the part. The year before Geno was drafted there was some talk of him being the top pick.... amazing everyone passed on him until the Idiot Jets picked in the second round. Sure it was probably not a bad pick at the time but the guy was passed on for a reason he's got the talent but he's just as stupid as can be. Stupid does not = great or even good QB .

Anything short of firing the entire Scouting Dept GM and HC will be a failure IMHO.

TL; DR

I believe it.

This team is basically the 2003 Chargers, more or less. Sure would be nice to absolutely nail the 2015 draft and be the 2004 Chargers.

ALL THOSE CHAMPIONSHIPS

So this is what we've been reduced to?  The San Diego Chargers being the highest pinnacle we can achieve?  Where's our San Diego weather?

I believe it.

This team is basically the 2003 Chargers, more or less. Sure would be nice to absolutely nail the 2015 draft and be the 2004 Chargers.

Bad analogy. 

This team is only the 2003 Chargers if you think Geno Smith is Drew Brees. If you think that, I suggest intensive psychoanalysis. 

We drafted one of the stupidest players in nfl history... DOES NOT KNOW HOW TIME ZONES WORK

Well, he did say he has to do better.  And Rex says that the team practiced real well; they have very good practices , I hear.   I knew Rex had no clue

when he convinced the GM to acquire 37 year old Derrick Mason;  then he puts his ( possibly starting QB) in the meaningless Snoopy Bowl , and gets him hurt before the season.   Were they stupid enuf to think that Geno would be the next Tom Brady...?

ALL THOSE CHAMPIONSHIPS

So this is what we've been reduced to?  The San Diego Chargers being the highest pinnacle we can achieve?  Where's our San Diego weather?

The mid-2000s Chargers were absolutely loaded and are another team who did it through the draft.

Bad analogy. 

This team is only the 2003 Chargers if you think Geno Smith is Drew Brees. If you think that, I suggest intensive psychoanalysis.

Eh, Brees at that stage and Geno right now have more similarities than will be noted. I don't think Geno goes on to become a HOF QB, but I don't buy that he's anywhere near this bad all the time.

Eh, Brees at that stage and Geno right now have more similarities than will be noted. I don't think Geno goes on to become a HOF QB, but I don't buy that he's anywhere near this bad all the time.

Geno has literally nothing in common with 2003 Drew Brees.  The one thing Brees had even when he was "struggling" with San Diego was poise that you can't teach.  He was also coming off a 2002 campaign where he completed over 60 % of his throws, something that wasn't as common in '03 as it is now.

Geno has literally nothing in common with 2003 Drew Brees.  The one thing Brees had even when he was "struggling" with San Diego was poise that you can't teach.  He was also coming off a 2002 campaign where he completed over 60 % of his throws, something that wasn't as common in '03 as it is now.

That's a good point. I was going for the more superficial stuff...college careers...draft status...fan reaction (Brees was a bust up until 2004 to their fans)...Maybe that 60% is the difference in Brees going HOF and Geno merely being Tony Romo or something. I still don't think Geno outright sucks. I have seen suck and Geno is no Sanchez.

Of course the flip side to that is that Sanchez isn't the only suck that exists, just the last one I saw.

guys like sanchez and geno are worse than ryan leaf precisely because they aren't awful 100% of the time. it's like a hack who has one good hole a round that keeps him coming back... guys who flash once in awhile tease you enough to stick with them too long rather than cut bait.

Scouting Dept ? Sucks

GM - Sucks

Having Grundlestiltskin here made me forget that you were the original fist shaker.

guys like sanchez and geno are worse than ryan leaf precisely because they aren't awful 100% of the time. it's like a hack who has one good hole a round that keeps him coming back... guys who flash once in awhile tease you enough to stick with them too long rather than cut bait.

Sanchez was awful 100% of the time. OK...slightly less of the time because he got to play a bad Texans team to open his career in 2009.

i feel bad for jets fans in their late 40s/early 50s. too young to have seen/remember '69 and not enough runway left to see a championship in their lifetime since woody will probably be kept alive by illegal stem cells and black market replacement organs until he is 110 years old

In the case of Sanchez I believe this organization totally destroyed him ...In the case of Geno I think he totally destroyed the organization :)

Thats sarcasm  so don't start crying. Just the Geno Part

The one thing Geno has that Sanchez never had was that this team is making a real effort to bring in talent for him and he still sucks. And please don't tell me about the "off the street bandaids" we dragged in here in plaxico and mason and the outrageous contract we gave holmes that was supposed to help Sanchez. Imagine how bad Geno would be if he had Holmes and Mason barking at him during games and practices and taking in plays from Tony Sparano and sh*tty

With Ivory and Powell running the ball and a real NFL WR in Decker and a promising young TE in Amaro I think Sanchez would have played better .

Archived