John Idzik Ripped On Air

MatthewPLP

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it sound ridiculous. I give you a concrete example of success from a system the Jets GM came from and this is ridiculous as oppossed to building billboards and reciting over and over 'Idzik sucks' 'Idziot'.

Chances are that the Jets won't duplicate what Seattle did but that is the blueprint as opposed to say the Oakland Raiders model of building a team. Seattle pre 2012 was being skewered, Carroll just another avg HC as he was with the Pats. If this were the Jets you guys would have crucified Carroll and the FO (who up to then proved nothing)

Seattle made the playoffs in year two and also won a playoff game and won a super bowl the year Idzik was here. So it's different.

So you thought his free agent pick ups in year one were good? The year one draft was bad from day one. Milner has not contributed yet. And yet when people pointed this out, you responded with more immature insults like always.

Good? Yes, when you consider what he was trying to do. He didn't want to replace our lost FA's with high-price FA's so that we'd get the comp picks. In theory, I loved the approach. In practice, he squandered the picks and made me want to choke the life out of him.

Milliner missed time in rookie camp, and frankly played damn well at the end of his rookie year. His play had a lot to do with the 3 wins that helped save Rex. Sigh. Corner is not a position that comes to the NFL and plays well right away. This year, he got bit by the injury bug. It's retarded to argue that he sucks because he's hurt, and we may never see how good he could have been. 

As and aside, nobody wants to hear you cry about me being insulting. If you don't want to be insulted, then don't act like a doosh when people point out your posts are rooted in anything logical or factual. 

Good? Yes, when you consider what he was trying to do. He didn't want to replace our lost FA's with high-price FA's so that we'd get the comp picks. In theory, I loved the approach. In practice, he squandered the picks and made me want to choke the life out of him.

Milliner missed time in rookie camp, and frankly played damn well at the end of his rookie year. His play had a lot to do with the 3 wins that helped save Rex. Sigh. Corner is not a position that comes to the NFL and plays well right away. This year, he got bit by the injury bug. It's retarded to argue that he sucks because he's hurt, and we may never see how good he could have been.

As and aside, nobody wants to hear you cry about me being insulting. If you don't want to be insulted, then don't act like a doosh when people point out your posts are rooted in anything logical or factual.

So because you perceive a person acting a certain way, you insult them? Sounds grown up.

Idziks free agency crop was terrible. Not even close to good. Milner was a joke last year with the exception of a few easy games at the end of the season. Hmmm sounds familiar to Geno and Rex. Milner was benched and runs like Forrest Gump with leg braces on.

Dude the FA pick ups have been brutal. Johnson, VIck, Patterson, Ford. Only one who's been passable is Giocomini.

I'm here. 

And I absolutely stand by preaching patience and applauding what Idzik did in year 1. He got the cap right. He got us some cheap JAGs to fill holes, but also netted a lot of comp picks. He got us Ivory. He put together what looked like a stellar draft. The best corner, the best defensive player overall, a great value (we all thought) on Geno, and guys that were capable of contributing on the OL and at FB in their rookie years. As is the case with any patient, rational person, you expect those rookies that flashed in year 1 to look better in year 2. That hasn't been the case. Some of them may be having sophomore slumps, who knows. Add to that 1 good move in free agency (Decker) and 1 good draft pick (Amaro in round 2) out of 12 picks, and the reality that nothing was done to protect us against Geno sucking (Vick was a garbage signing as I said from the day it happened), and too many garbage contracts were given to garbage players, while we failed to bid high enough for difference makers.

I understand it's the internet, and many of you can't grasp the concept of "wait and see" because there is a desperate need to pick a side, dig in your heels and fight that fight no matter how illogical or how much you don't believe in it. That said, intelligent human beings tend to assess things in an ongoing manner, weighing all variables and possibilities to reach a conclusion. In doing that, it was very easy to give Idzik the benefit of the doubt after his first year. 

Obviously, things have changed now.

At this point, all that is really happening is the instant gratification crowd is beating their chest because their complaints from year 1 - which were beyond ******* stupid - have been justified in hindsight due to the down year. In other words, you all are a bunch of broken clocks. GFY

Down year???  Is that what we are calling this mess?

Rubbish.

I am all for the year one patience MO but this last off-season and draft give every Jet fan the right to AGAIN ask just what were this guys qualifications to land this job to begin with.

Last weeks statement that he traded for Percy due to salivating over wanting to see what Geno could do with another weapon followed up by yesterdays not ready for prime time presser just makes his hiring that much more questionable.

So because you perceive a person acting a certain way, you insult them? Sounds grown up.

Idziks free agency crop was terrible. Not even close to good. Milner was a joke last year with the exception of a few easy games at the end of the season. Hmmm sounds familiar to Geno and Rex. Milner was benched and runs like Forrest Gump with leg braces on.

This is why you get insulted.

Down year???  Is that what we are calling this mess?

Rubbish.

I am all for the year one patience MO but this last off-season and draft give every Jet fan the right to AGAIN ask just what were this guys qualifications to land this job to begin with.

Last weeks statement that he traded for Percy due to salivating over wanting to see what Geno could do with another weapon followed up by yesterdays not ready for prime time presser just makes his hiring that much more questionable.

Nobody is denying or arguing against the bold. I was simply reminding some of you chest thumpers that there was a lot of logic and reason behind saying "let's see what he's got, in his first year". The lot of you that were pitching fits haven't saved face now that he turned out to be a dud - you all deserved every bit of mockery and lecture you got at the time. 

Nobody is denying or arguing against the bold. I was simply reminding some of you chest thumpers that there was a lot of logic and reason behind saying "let's see what he's got, in his first year". The lot of you that were pitching fits haven't saved face now that he turned out to be a dud - you all deserved every bit of mockery and lecture you got at the time.

No we just understand football better than you. We knew a CB from Alabama is probably a bad idea. We knew that need based drafting was a bad idea. We knew that a free agent getting busted with guns and passed out in his own vomit was bad, and we knew that a CB going awl was bad.....oh and there's more.

Continue on about how good of a player Milliner is. I like reading your fairy tales.

It's not a fairy tale to say, "corners don't transition well to the NFL, he improved over his rookie year, and we won't know how good he could have been because of the nature of his injury" it is common sense. 

Fairy tales are illogical and not based in facts. Sounds more like the type of argument you'd try and shovel around... which brings us back to why you are so bent. All I did was tell you to check your facts a week ago, and you haven't been able to let it go. You got nasty, like a snotty school girl and now you are whining to me about insulting you?

No we just understand football better than you. We knew a CB from Alabama is probably a bad idea. We knew that need based drafting was a bad idea. We knew that a free agent getting busted with guns and passed out in his own vomit was bad, and we knew that a CB going awl was bad.....oh and there's more.

Again, this is why you get insulted. 

In my informal polling of Idzik haters, where I asked them what they would have done differently, these are the answers I've gotten:

1. Draft Garopollo

2. Draft Kelvin Benjamin

3. Draft Derek Carr

4. Trade for Manziel

5. Sign Revis for 3 years/$40 mil

6. Quit instead of keeping Rex this year

7. Something about Ryan Mallett.

It's not a fairy tale to say, "corners don't transition well to the NFL, he improved over his rookie year, and we won't know how good he could have been because of the nature of his injury" it is common sense. 

Fairy tales are illogical and not based in facts. Sounds more like the type of argument you'd try and shovel around... which brings us back to why you are so bent. All I did was tell you to check your facts a week ago, and you haven't been able to let it go. You got nasty, like a snotty school girl and now you are whining to me about insulting you?

here you go with your insults again.

Milliner sucks and was a terrible pick who will prolly never play again. End of conversation for me.

We can all hate the Jets together without insulting one another. If there's anything that brings this board together its losing.

Matt, I'll be honest with you I've taken it real easy for months here ... but there's a small handful of people that have been holding onto stuff for months, if not years, and this past week has been like their dawn of the dumb moment. I think they want to eat my brains.

here you go with your insults again.

Milliner sucks and was a terrible pick who will prolly never play again. End of conversation for me.

Well, in all fairness, I did just tell you in a previous post exactly why you get insulted. You should have seen it coming.

You should have ended the conversation then, not now... with more definitive "probably" proclamations about the only sliver of the overarching conversation you feel like you might have a point on.

Well, in all fairness, I did just tell you in a previous post exactly why you get insulted. You should have seen it coming.

You should have ended the conversation then, not now... with more definitive "probably" proclamations about the only sliver of the overarching conversation you feel like you might have a point on.

You're right I should listen to your points more. They worked out so well in the past.

Matt, I'll be honest with you I've taken it real easy for months here ... but there's a small handful of people that have been holding onto stuff for months, if not years, and this past week has been like their dawn of the dumb moment. I think they want to eat my brains.

I hear you...but it's just football. Everyone has different opinions about players...just amazes me how it gets personal some times...

In my informal polling of Idzik haters, where I asked them what they would have done differently, these are the answers I've gotten:

1. Draft Garopollo

2. Draft Kelvin Benjamin

3. Draft Derek Carr

4. Trade for Manziel

5. Sign Revis for 3 years/$40 mil

6. Quit instead of keeping Rex this year

7. Something about Ryan Mallett.

The team is just so devoid of talent it's hard where to even begin. Everything seems disconnected. At the end of the day the team needs to start drafting a lot better and put a pro coaching staff in place. All of the serious coaches we had left.

You're once again a contradiction of your own posts.

At any rate - I never said year one did not deserve patience. I said that his second off season deserved questioning. You know a time when he had the resources and darft picks to hedge his bets on his soon to be (if not already) busts at Quarterback and cornerback

Your right I should listen to your points more. They worked out so well in the past.

Well, at least we agree on something.

I hear you...but it's just football. Everyone has different opinions about players...just amazes me how it gets personal some times...

For me, none of this is personal. Ever. I'm very thick-skinned though... some of these guys remember being called dumb for years. I get called names all day long here. It's totally lost on them that my whole schtick here is a juxtaposition between arrogance (think WWF heels like Ric Flair) and self-deprecating humor. Most of the regulars get it. Some don't. If you really pay attention to my posts about football, you'll see I don't have any pretense about my football knowledge. I say all the time, I don't know dick about the college guys until draft season. Those posts by me usually fly under the radar though... I know what I know, and am comfortable with that. I know there's guys that know more. Most of my arguments aren't about who knows more about football, they are about logic and reason. Things that everyone in our society should have more awareness of, frankly.

He just needs to get over it, which he is clearly struggling with. I'll pretend I put him on ignore or something for a bit... he's a good guy.

You're once again a contradiction of your own posts.

At any rate - I never said year one did not deserve patience. I said that his second off season deserved questioning. You know a time when he had the resources and darft picks to hedge his bets on his soon to be (if not already) busts at Quarterback and cornerback

I frankly dont' remember what you specifically said, but in case you haven't noticed this week has been retribution time for the collective group of over-reactors from last year. If I lumped you in with them and you didn't deserve it, I am truly and most deeply sorry. :P

Also, I can't be a contradiction of my posts. However, they can contradict each other... which in this case, I'm not sure I care to watch you struggle to illustrate how that has happened.

I frankly dont' remember what you specifically said, but in case you haven't noticed this week has been retribution time for the collective group of over-reactors from last year. If I lumped you in with them and you didn't deserve it, I am truly and most deeply sorry. :tongue:

Also, I can't be a contradiction of my posts. However, they can contradict each other... which in this case, I'm not sure I care to watch you struggle to illustrate how that has happened.

Touche :winking0001:

Seattle Seahawks:

2010:7-9

2011:7-9

2012:11-5

2013:13-3 SB champs

You guys would have wanted to blow it up, print billboards in 2011 and no SB. Need 3-4 years - that is what is meant by patience.

Cyberjet is Idziot in disguise. C'mon John we know its you with that dead pan face, that self pitying drawl.  You have infiltrated Jet Nation. Go back where you came from wannabe Madden Xbox GM .   And what on earth did you have to do with Seattle's Super Bowl championship? Not a whole hell of a lot.   Probably fed the blind squirrels.   

post-28245-0-30884400-1414564452_thumb.j

Seattle Seahawks:

2010:7-9

2011:7-9

2012:11-5

2013:13-3 SB champs

You guys would have wanted to blow it up, print billboards in 2011 and no SB. Need 3-4 years - that is what is meant by patience.

And it's no coincidence they got their QB situation righted in 2011. The QB is the key.

The Seahawks under Pete Carroll were very aggressive at fixing the QB spot, bringing in Charlie Whitehurst, Tarvaris Jackson, and Matt Flynn before finding and settling on Russell Wilson.

Idzik drafted Geno.

You're right, the QB is the key, and John Idzik has not done nearly enough at the most important position on the field. Not taking a QB in the middle rounds in this past draft is borderline criminal.

Did you see Barron got dumped in Tampa? Another can't-miss Bama prospect.

Ya Bama players suck in NFL CJ Mosely and Dareus suk lol. Kareem Jackson is starting CB for Texans. Rashad Johnson

starting safety for Cards. Demeco Ryans been a stud for yrs.

Lovie Got rid of Revis first!! lol Barron is a good prospect that should have been picked late 1st rd. He will thrive with Rams

Milliner is still a good prospect, as much as you all hate him, will probably have to move to safety with Achilles issue.

I pray to gawd Jests pass on Amari. Why curse a good kid and even a better prospect than Julio, Ya Julio Jones also suks lol

Better off bashing UNC (university of No Classes required)

Also 90 yr old codgers knock boots better than Iddy evaluates college players. Better off having a dude who watches no college football

and use Gil Brandts top 250 list to draft players.

chao

Archived