John Idzik Ripped On Air

MatthewPLP

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone new enlightened intergrity is worse than old approval-seeking repeater integrity :Nuts:

I don't seek approval - I embrace the challenge of winning popular opinion with ideas, observations and facts that people aren't ready for.

I'm the ******* maverick groundbreaking Steve Jobs of Jetnations buttheadery.

I don't seek approval - I embrace the challenge of winning popular opinion with ideas, observations and facts that people aren't ready for.

I'm the ******* maverick groundbreaking Steve Jobs of Jetnations buttheadery.

i said that before ;)

Just don't show up at my house, and we're all good. LOL :biggrin:

reminds me of watching the jets games with my old man with the jets fan club in NC back in the early 90s. we used to meet at a bar in a indoor soccer complex to watch the game. one game we were playing the steelers, i believe, and a steelers fan got into it with a jets fan. the jets fan was plastered and followed the guy back to his house to pick a fight. the guy pulls into his driveway and the jets fan is honking his horn and flashing his lights and gets out of his car to beat the guy to a pulp. just then the back door of the steeler fans' car opens and his two kids pop out in their cleats and shin guards. the guy was just watching the game while his kids were playing soccer. the jets fan thought "what the hell am i taking this so seriously for?" SJ has been much calmer about the jets ever since ;)

Francesa is a pompous fool who loves bashing to JETS to boost his ratings.

This is very true. Mike is being very mean to John, and it is solely for ratings. I hope that Jet fans see through Mike's intentions and support John in this difficult time he is going through. He is a great GM, and Rex is a great HC. We are all lucky to have those guys leading our Jets.

What's funny is that slats is killing Idzik for not drafting the QBS prospect that might have helped Rex, while ignoring the fact that Rex used his draft pick to take a QB that's currently playing in a beer league in Brooklyn.

Rex,Idzik and Slats will all most likely be looking for new jobs soon...Rex for a DC, Idziot as a capologist, and Slats as a mod.  And then we can turn this around on two fronts. 

I like the way you think, homey.

Homey don't play hypocritical bullslat.  I could go back in time and illustrate numerous posts where SEVERAL mods were hell bent on crowning Idziot, Rex  and Geno as the second coming of the Hoy Trinity. Funny how easy it is to adopt the popular consensus when its fashionable.   Now all of a sudden they backpedal and want him fired and 'question' his qualifications.    

Homey don't play hypocritical bullslat.  I could go back in time and illustrate numerous posts where SEVERAL mods were hell bent on crowning Idziot, Rex  and Geno as the second coming of the Hoy Trinity. Funny how easy it is to adopt the popular consensus when its fashionable.   Now all of a sudden they backpedal and want him fired and 'question' his qualifications.    

go for it

Rex,Idzik and Slats will all most likely be looking for new jobs soon...Rex for a DC, Idziot as a capologist, and Slats as a mod.  And then we can turn this around on two fronts. 

so what man? nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team. some of us were negative from the beginning but guess what there is no prize for that--we all are neck deep in the same pile of filth that is the NYJ. no reason to get nasty.

they were optimistic, and now they have changed their position as the evidence has piled up. that's called being a well-reasoning adult.

so what man? nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team. some of us were negative from the beginning but guess what there is no prize for that--we all are neck deep in the same pile of filth that is the NYJ. no reason to get nasty.

they were optimistic, and now they have changed their position as the evidence has piled up. that's called being a well-reasoning adult.

It is amazing how many people this is lost on here. Truly.

Also, how sad is it that Powpow can go back in time, and all he's got the foresight to do with such an amazing ability is chronicle how Slats changed his mind about something.

I'd totally get myself a Gray's Sports Almanac.

Tell me more about fashion... I'm feeling absolutely fabulous right now.

Also, how sad is it that Powpow can go back in time, and all he's got the foresight to do with such an amazing ability is chronicle how Slats changed his mind about something.

I'll borrow one of your lines. You told me huh.

There is optimism and there is bullslat. I for one was totally against hiring Idziot and was totally against drafting Geno.  I knew this would happen.  Correction. I didn't know. This is far far worse than I could have ever imagined.   Not trying to be nasty. I just don't like people who talk out of both sides of their mouth. 

Not so. I signed an extension with Max before this whole mess started. Way too much dead money involved now for Max to fire me.

I've been lukewarm at best about Idzik since he was hired. I try to be supportive and see the logic behind moves, and try to be reasonable in the face of (what I may see as) unreasonable criticism, but I was never completely in this guy's corner. Been pretty vocal all year about his handling of the CB, WR, and QB positions.

And Rex has seemingly played out his string here. Doesn't mean I think he's a bad coach, or that he won't get another shot as a head coach in this league, just that it's now clearly time to clean house.

Guess you told me again huh

Again, not sure why you are taking what was obviously a corny joke and acting like it was some vast personal attack. Over-sensitive and then some. Explains the inability to let go of anything slats said 2 years ago.

There is optimism and there is bullslat. I for one was totally against hiring Idziot and was totally against drafting Geno.  I knew this would happen.  Correction. I didn't know. This is far far worse than I could have ever imagined.   Not trying to be nasty. I just don't like people who talk out of both sides of their mouth. 

i bet you're one of those guys that thinks if a parent tells their kid not to make the same stupid mistakes the parents made when they were kids, that makes the parents hypocrites.

it's only "talking out of both sides of their mouth" if they are saying two different things at the same time. they changed their mind. good for them.

yes. I could ,too. I don't have a problem with certain people, flip flopping their opinion. what I always had a problem with was the avenue they took to prove the naysayers wrong. it was toxic. lost a lot of respect for some on this site in a short period of time. fwiw, I don't believe slats is one of them. he is one of the few posters that I pay attention to and look forward to what he has to say on certain matters. he may be too even keeled at times, but he has been pretty consistant with idzik, as far as the start of this offseason goes

The Seahawks under Pete Carroll were very aggressive at fixing the QB spot, bringing in Charlie Whitehurst, Tarvaris Jackson, and Matt Flynn before finding and settling on Russell Wilson.

Idzik drafted Geno.

You're right, the QB is the key, and John Idzik has not done nearly enough at the most important position on the field. Not taking a QB in the middle rounds in this past draft is borderline criminal.

If he's going to still be here beyond January, I hope he learned the lesson that you don't have a QB until it's proven you have a QB. Meaning all the hard offseason work and all the high hopes and supposed maturity from the prior season are worthless until it all translates onto the field for a sustained period of time (like a season). 

I don't really agree that Seattle was aggressive in fixing the QB spot until Carroll's 3rd offseason, though. Charlie Whitehurst and Tavaris Jackson are not aggressive moves IMO. Flynn was an aggressive move. And Wilson, while only a 3rd round pick, was kind of aggressive because the ink was barely dry on Flynn's idiotic contract.

If he's going to still be here beyond January, I hope he learned the lesson that you don't have a QB until it's proven you have a QB. Meaning all the hard offseason work and all the high hopes and supposed maturity from the prior season are worthless until it all translates onto the field for a sustained period of time (like a season). 

I don't really agree that Seattle was aggressive in fixing the QB spot until Carroll's 3rd offseason, though. Charlie Whitehurst and Tavaris Jackson are not aggressive moves IMO. Flynn was an aggressive move. And Wilson, while only a 3rd round pick, was kind of aggressive because the ink was barely dry on Flynn's idiotic contract.

I don't know, I thought the trade for Whitehurst was very aggressive:  

The Seattle Seahawks and San Diego Chargers have completed a trade that sends third-string Chargers quarterback Charlie Whitehurst to Seattle for draft picks.

The Seahawks swapped the 40th pick in the second round with San Diego's 60th pick and also will send the Chargers a third-round pick in the 2011 draft.

Seattle, meanwhile, has signed Whitehurst to a two-year, $8 million contract, with $2 million more in incentives, sources said.

That was a lot to give up and pay for a guy like Whitehurst. Jackson, I can see your point, but they were still very active at the position overall. 

Here is what I like about the Idzik did. He set out to replace Hill, but didn't write him off completely. He didn't bring in vets that will be one yeat stop gaps. He got some kids that will compete with Hill.  May the best man win.

Agreed. I like when Rex is hard on some players. It happens rarely, I wish he beat them up a bit more. :)

All that said, Geno is going to be fine. 63% completions Over 20 TDs and 10 INTs this year. 3500 years. Heard it here first.

No offense especially to Max. This site is super cool but there are numerous posts like the ones above by mods and numerous members who would insult and throw tantrums for disagreeing with Idziot's Great Plan and Geno "Cat Piss" Smith. 

Now, with 'all the evidence' , the pendulum has swung.  Its convenient to play two sides of the same coin. All I'm doing is putting the mirror back in your respective faces.  There are many on here like MatthewPLP, BUGG, Lionel Ritchie, your favorite TomShane, latinlawyer and many others who have held fort regarding their opinion to Idziot's hiring, Rex resigning and Smith being drafted; I therefore respect their opinions slightly higher......well I lot higher.    

Archived