Injustice Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that's what he meant. He meant as scum AVM has a good reason to look town by shooting Sili. Town AVM has good reasons as well. I don't think he meant anything alignment indicative unless he was hoping AVM would read his post and be all ERMAGERHD IF I SHOOT SILI EVERYONE WILL THINK I'M SCUM! Which is quite ridiculous.

Why are you answering for Sili?

Him shooting you is not an indicator of his alignment. This is a logical fallacy and frankly comes across as something in the realm of fear-mongering. 

Basic mafia stuff, fwiw.

you need to read up some.

'if he's scum he will shoot me' does not mean he won't shoot me if he's town. my death does not exclude either as possibilities. i simply mean to say if he doesn't shoot me he's likely town since i'm town, and there's really no reason why scum doesn't shoot me here.

Why are you answering for Sili?

Because I'm coaching him in plain sight and everybody here is too dumb to realize it.  Hell, this post will probably be ignored or brushed aside by the vast majority of people here.

It was a joke. I noted that he was awfully town, then also remembered he was dead, though I wouldn't be lying if I also said I included him because I needed a fourth town lean to fill up my roster.

Aesthetic appeal.

Why would you need to name a 4th town lean? Why not wait until you are completely caught up? 

sarcasm krakus?

Why would you need to name a 4th town lean? Why not wait until you are completely caught up? 

uh, no reason really. felt it was appropriate since i might die soon and wanted to get a few town leans out there in case it might make a difference.

I don't think that's what he meant.  He meant as scum AVM has a good reason to look town by shooting Sili.  Town AVM has good reasons as well.  I don't think he meant anything alignment indicative unless he was hoping AVM would read his post and be all ERMAGERHD IF I SHOOT SILI EVERYONE WILL THINK I'M SCUM!  Which is quite ridiculous.

Everything else he's said since joining here has been ridiculous, so I can't count it out.

In general, any if/then statement constructed this way:  "if [player] is [alignment], then he'll [action] " is a statement meant to influence both the player's willingness to commit the action and the town's way of interpreting that player's alignment if he does or doesn't commit the action. For you to say otherwise is actually quite ridiculous in and of itself.

can't tell if leelou genuinely thinks i'm scum and is unwilling to look at past games with me and darthe, or if she's misrepresenting it on purpose.

it's irritating because i think she's town overall, and it's only this that makes me unsure about my read.

Good lord, here we go... derp mafia...

Derp makes cut-and-dry statement that has logical holes in it. 

Town points out holes.

Multiple derps turn it into a game of superfluous tail-chasing as they insist their cut-and-dry statement had all sorts of implied meaning beyond the meaning that resonated with the rest of the players in the game... 'round and 'round we go. 

If these guys are scum, this type of play makes perfect sense, it is otherwise a huge detriment to the town and I would be a-okay nuking them both just to move forward.

True. But towns still want to buy town cred where possible, and especially close to death. It's not really important and you've spent the last few pages casing me for it.

Actually, it is. If by some odd chance you flip town, don't you think it would be more beneficial to give a reads list? Sorry, not buying it. 

No, you earn it through proper game play

People I'm not willing to lynch at this juncture of the game: Verbal (actually never on him), Nolder, Ape and Nyn. 

No offense girlie, but the unwritten rule on Verbal is a direct contradiction to the idea of proper game play. :P

True. But towns still want to buy town cred where possible, and especially close to death. It's not really important and you've spent the last few pages casing me for it.

Game theory rhetoric blah, blah, blah... I hope you stick around and play more games here, we've been looking for an automatic D1 lynch for a while now, time to give some of these other guys a break.

Archived