New York Jets veteran: Management has quit on us

BurnleyJet

Sounds like Manish "Unnamed"

Earlier this week, an unnamed Jets veteran told Metro's Kristian Dyer that the team's decision to go back to Geno Smith at quarterback was a sign management "packed it in, waved the white flag, whatever you want to call it."

The veteran clarified his statement on Wednesday.

"I wasn't trying to say that we've quit, that any of the players quit," he said. "I don't think any of us have quit in this (locker) room. But it seems like those above us, they've quit on this season. You can't do that. Players need to make a living, get stuff on tape, play for that next year. But it seems like that isn't important, that winning this year isn't a big deal to them anymore.

"Like they're already looking at 2015 and beyond. Maybe they felt that way earlier this year and stuff, but I don't know."

On some level, it's hard to fault management for looking ahead. This is a lost season, wrecked beyond repair. But the Geno Smith decision played out like a slap in the face to Rex Ryan, a figure still universally adored by his players.

John Idzik won't win any popularity contests in New York, whether that's with the fan base or in the locker room.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438655/article/new-york-jets-veteran-management-has-quit-on-us

Oh please. A lot of hot air that's all this article conveys. Yeah, Rex is so great and the players love him which must be why they play undisciplined, execute poorly, and often start games flat. I don't doubt that they love him why wouldn't they there are no consequences for failure Demario Davis said himself in an interview when he mentioned there are no fines or butts getting chewed for mistakes. Parcells was loved because he got his guys to win not because he was their buddy. I'd prefer they came to love a coach because the coach brought them to new heights not because he goes out drinking with them and lets them get away with half-ass efforts. Also what the quoted player doesn't seem to get is that they are eliminated from the playoffs so yeah management is looking towards next year. That is managements job.

I'd prefer they came to love a coach because the coach brought them to new heights not because he goes out drinking with them and lets them get away with half-ass efforts.  

The Jets problem is not lack of effort it's lack of talent. Sure Rex is due to be fired but overall, upper management quit on this team when they prioritized developing Geno over playing the best player. 

think about that phrase for a second. Developing Geno. A guy who will never, ever, ever, develop. They keep starting him for no apparent reason. He's the worst starter in football and yes, even Vick is better.

Worst run team in sports.

That's 3 years in a row losing the locker room, for who's counting

He got a gatorade bath after his triumphant win in Miami last year to bring the jets to.... Drum roll....8-8!!!!! Woooohooooo!

The Jets problem is not lack of effort it's lack of talent. 

Certainly that's part of it. Won't deny it. Having said that Rex isn't much of a HC. I've seen this team make too many mental errors and commit too many stupid penalties to place the blame entirely on the lack of talent. Vick was good for a couple of quarters and floundered. This team has not developed any talent over Rex's tenure other than Harrison and Demario. Wilk and Rich were both 1st rounders for a reason. The strategy from week to week is poor. The players always say it isn't Rex it's us, well then it is Rex because week to week it's up to Rex to get them going.

The Jets problem is not lack of effort it's lack of talent. Sure Rex is due to be fired but overall, upper management quit on this team when they prioritized developing Geno over playing the best player. 

think about that phrase for a second. Developing Geno. A guy who will never, ever, ever, develop. They keep starting him for no apparent reason. He's the worst starter in football and yes, even Vick is better.

The word develop and Rex should never be used in the same sentence - ever. 

Archived