Scot McCloughan for Pro Personnel/GM. Article

32EBoozer

The only way McCloughan should be brought in is if he's on the new GM's scouting staff.

There's not enough evidence that he's kicked his drinking problem to give him the whole

franchise.  We sure don't need stories about him being found on the side of the NJ Turnpike

bombed out of his mind

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way McCloughan should be brought in is if he's on the new GM's scouting staff.

There's not enough evidence that he's kicked his drinking problem to give him the whole

franchise.  We sure don't need stories about him being found on the side of the NJ Turnpike

bombed out of his mind

That spot is reserved for Jet RB's, It's tradition..

I'd wager that a large percentage of players, coaches and execs around the league struggle with demons, like alcohol. (Ahem, Irsay)

McCloughan just did something about it. 

John Riggins said he played a game high on hallucinogenic mushrooms when he was with the Jets but his best drunk quote was what he told Chief Justice Sandra Day O'Connor at a Washington Party..

O’Connor was about to leave because she had an early commitment the next morning. Riggins approached O’Connor’s seat, put his arm around her husband, looked over at the first female justice in history and uttered the famous line, “come on, loosen up, Sandy baby, you’re too tight.”    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/john-riggins-sandra-day-oconnor-loosen-up

Update on his talks with Raiders:

To clarify: Mark Davis asked McCloughan to come back and work under Reggie. McCloughan declined. He wanted to run football dept., or nothing

So, to those of you advocating he be treated like a noob that has to work his way up, that's not going to happen. Just because he sought help with alcoholism doesn't mean he's burdened with some level of ineptitude. Given how public he has allowed the alcohol as a reason for working as a consultant thing get, I'd imagine he knows exactly the magnifying glass he'd be under. No reason for him to have to work his way back up.

From other topic

"Big issue with Quinn is that he wants his own GM, which is a dumb concession. He allegedly submarined the GM candidate Kirchner from Seattle, saying he wanted a more "seasoned" GM."

Scot also was in the Seattle org, maybe Quinn wants to work with him... Would be a great pair I think

Sign me up !!!

From other topic

"Big issue with Quinn is that he wants his own GM, which is a dumb concession. He allegedly submarined the GM candidate Kirchner from Seattle, saying he wanted a more "seasoned" GM."

Scot also was in the Seattle org, maybe Quinn wants to work with him... Would be a great pair I think

Sign me up !!!

This would be a dream. These things don't usually work out for us Jet Fans so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

From other topic

Sign me up !!!

I like it. Good point he was in Seattle w/Quinn. Will he come East and what is the position. We'll see. But I like it

@JasonLaCanfora: You can add NYJ to OAK and WSH as the teams to reach out to Scot McCloughan for prominent personnel position. We'll see if he is interested

He's not a first time GM, I may be exaggerating a bit but I think they would work well together.

My fault...I didn't really McCloughan had been a GM prior...would certainly make me feel better.

I would just like to see people with experience in these rolls for once.

If this is true it really gives a good indication that Quinn is probably the choice for HC.  And maybe

Kirchner would be the GM choice.  With all three knowing each other from SEA they should have

a good relationship/philosophy in building a team

If this is true it really gives a good indication that Quinn is probably the choice for HC.  And maybe

Kirchner would be the GM choice.  With all three knowing each other from SEA they should have

Quinn (allegedly) has stated that he doesn't want to work with Kirchner.  Not happening.

A combo of Quinn/McLoughan with someone else at GM might be best case scenario.

I'd be on board with Wolf taking the reigns for 1 or 2 years, righting the ship from the hull up.

Put mcCloughan in the Asst. GM spot with the understanding that he gets the promotion after Wolf leaves if he doesn't screw up.

Put him in charge of rebuilding the scouting dept. and nail these next 2 drafts and FA.

I'm really not liking any of the remaining GM candidates apart from this guy.

Mistake by WAS, there's no way you can give him the GM spot yet.  He hasn't 

proven he has his drinking problem under control.  McCloughan probably used

the other teams interested in him as leverage

@kevins980: I just talked with Scot McCloughan. Deal not done quite yet, seems like it's close. He met with Dan Snyder for 6 hrs today. @ESPNRadio980

@kevins980: Also said that if it happens, he would have control over player personnel. #Redskins @ESPNRadio980

@kevins980: I just talked with Scot McCloughan. Deal not done quite yet, seems like it's close. He met with Dan Snyder for 6 hrs today. @ESPNRadio980

@kevins980: Also said that if it happens, he would have control over player personnel. #Redskins @ESPNRadio980

I am so ******* tired of losing every good candidate for everything. QB, GM, Coach you ******* name it.  Woody better have slammed a big bag of cash in front of him to make him reconsider as that's the only way we're getting sh*t these days unless the guy is from the area and somehow "misses" ******* New Jersey (ala Quinn!)

I am so ******* tired of losing every good candidate for everything. QB, GM, Coach you ******* name it.  Woody better have slammed a big bag of cash in front of him to make him reconsider as that's the only way we're getting sh*t these days unless the guy is from the area and somehow "misses" ******* New Jersey (ala Quinn!)

Well since Tanny is Quinns agent I'm sure he will be happy to deal with Woody and the boys..

Archived