Cooper's draft stock too a hit.

Tony The Wiz

No way The raiders go Cooper, DT Williams will be their choice. They went Mack over Evans last year. Mckensie is a former olineman- he knows the game is won in the trenches.Antonio Smith is 33YO

I hope you're right. My gut feeling is they go for Cooper. If Cooper falls to #6, Jets can even drop down to the teens n pick up another 2nd day pick. Wouldn't be too opposed to it since there are plenty of WRs worthy of a first round pick this year.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you're right. My gut feeling is they go for Cooper. If Cooper falls to #6, Jets can even drop down to the teens n pick up another 2nd day pick. Wouldn't be too opposed to it since there are plenty of WRs worthy of a first round pick this year.

ya looking like maybe OL or Cooper or Trade down as you suggest

The Jet's wr's at this point are better then the Pats , a lot of it comes down to coaching , gameplanning and well the QB.

agree, main thing a QB who can go thru progressions, the 2nd/3rd/4th receiver is covered by lesser skilled player as you go down pecking order. Geno panics after primary covered, doesnt, IMHO, have the Football IQ to know where his 2nd/3rd/4th backup is or does but takes too long to find them. Amaro could have had a huge year as a safety valve for Geno when primary covered and pass rush was closing in, but he panics instead.

That's pretty funny right there.

You seriously think Amaro is better than Gronk, Kerley better than Edleman and Harvin better than LaFell?

I'll give you Gronk of course (is a TE not WR lke the OP said), Edleman and especially LaFell who was useless in Carolina are JAGS who are a product of the guy throwing them the ball. You also forgot to mention Decker. 

I take the current Jets WR core over the Patriots WRs (not tight ends) I bet Tom Brady would too, and so would you if you looked at it honestly. 

Decker

Harvin

Kerley

vs

LaFell

Edleman

and who?

Seriously....**** it I'll be an obnoxious broken record, no team ever made a decision on a prospect off of one game. In the history of the NFL. The only thing i know for sure, it's just us fans. 

Yeah the most ridiculous statement is to make   adecision on   a player based on one game- look over his entire career jeesh

You seriously think Amaro is better than Gronk, Kerley better than Edleman and Harvin better than LaFell?

Leaving Decker out of your comparison was pretty weak for you, TX.  You usually troll better than that.

What's pretty funny is that you just said Brandon LaFell is better than Percy Harvin, which is batsh*t insane.

What's pretty funny is that you just said Brandon LaFell is better than Percy Harvin, which is batsh*t insane.

In Tx's world, Brady is a non factor, just along for the ride.. The Pats success is due to BB, the Patriot way, the Patriot fans (a key part of their success, and highly knowledgeable in their own right) and everything else Patriots. 

Orton > McCown

Manuel was the QB for like four games. Come on.

But the Bills had a running game and a pretty good defense, they didn't need to throw as much. TB was down in almost every game so naturally Evans would get more focus. Like you I'm an SEC fan(LSU) so i watch a ton of SEC football. I'm biased and thought ODB was the best of the bunch , but he was also aided by having Manning at QB. I truly believe Watkins is better than Evans though.

And I believe your original point was why are the Jets looking at Maronne. I would perfre others over Marrone , but I don't feel he's a terrible choice if that's who we end up with.

In Tx's world, Brady is a non factor, just along for the ride.. The Pats success is due to BB, the Patriot way, the Patriot fans (a key part of their success, and highly knowledgeable in their own right) and everything else Patriots.

Well, they did win 11 games with Matt Cassel.

And Brady was kinda Alex Smithy when they actually won championships. He has not fared well in the Peyton Manning role. He also got the dimple in his chin from balls slamming into it repeatedly until it caved in.

But the Bills had a running game and a pretty good defense, they didn't need to throw as much. TB was down in almost every game so naturally Evans would get more focus. Like you I'm an SEC fan(LSU) so i watch a ton of SEC football. I'm biased and thought ODB was the best of the bunch , but he was also aided by having Manning at QB. I truly believe Watkins is better than Evans though.

And I believe your original point was why are the Jets looking at Maronne. I would perfre others over Marrone , but I don't feel he's a terrible choice if that's who we end up with.

Watkins was the only rookie WR that seemed to hit a wall.

I still think he will end up better than Benjamin, whose hands are very suspect, but just based on their rookie seasons, he comes in 4th on the rookie totem pole. OBJ is clearly superior and I'd take Evans over Sammy as well.

Well, they did win 11 games with Matt Cassel.

And Brady was kinda Alex Smithy when they actually won championships. He has not fared well in the Peyton Manning role. He also got the dimple in his chin from balls slamming into it repeatedly until it caved in.

Yes, they won 11 and didn't make the playoffs after winning 17 the year prior. The reason that they won 11 and missed the playoffs is that was they year the Afc east played the nfc and afc west, which were both extremely weak divisions at the time. Arizona was 9-7 and the only one of 8 teams that had a winning record.

Yes, they one 11 and didn't make the playoffs after winning 17 the year prior. The reason that they won 11 and missed the playoffs is that was they year the Afc east played the nfc and afc west, which were both extremely weak divisions at the time. Arizona was 9-7 and the only one of 8 teams that had a winning record.

Hey, we all have our different ways of hating the Patriots.

I like the "Brady is a system QB" narrative.

We should all just enjoy the fact that the team that once looked poised to be the Yankees of the NFL ended up as the Atlanta Braves.

Hey, we all have our different ways of hating the Patriots.

I like the "Brady is a system QB" narrative.

We should all just enjoy the fact that the team that once looked poised to be the Yankees of the NFL ended up as the Atlanta Braves.

That's pretty funny

The Pats are one fluke helmet catch and a Welker drop from being 5-0 in Super Bowl games in the last 15 years.

That's pretty funny

The Pats are one fluke helmet catch and a Welker drop from being 5-0 in Super Bowl games in the last 15 years.

Alas, instead they're 0-2 in the last nine years. 

I remember when championships mattered to you, and "what if's" didn't. Now it's all winning the division and what could've been. Very disheartening. 

That's pretty funny

It seems like only yesterday you were telling me about "almost's" and "moral victories."

I think it was actually 2 days ago, though. ;)

That's pretty funny

And one bullsh-t call away from being 2-2 since they should never have made it to the game in 2001.  Again, you never used to play these games.  You're slipping.

That's pretty funny

So, the residue of that helmet catch caused them to lose to the Giants again, lol?

The Pats have the same amount of rings as the Jets over the last decade. You guys aren't too far off from entering Dallas Cowboy fan territory where all you can do is reminisce about the glory hole days.

So, the residue of that helmet catch caused them to lose to the Giants again, lol?

The Pats have the same amount of rings as the Jets over the last decade. You guys aren't too far off from entering Dallas Cowboy fan territory where all you can do is reminisce about the glory hole days.

The fact that Pats are 3-2 in SB's with an all time great at QB shows how poorly run that franchise has been. Niner's 5-0, now that was a well run organization.

He's Marqise Lee 2.0, who went in the 2nd. Not worth a top 5-10 pick.

Im truly hoping we do not take this guy. Unless your an AJ Green, or Julio Jones type you should not be taken in the top 6 as a WR. 

Also drafting a WR high without a QB has been proven countless times to be a huge mistake. A Good QB makes the WR - Not the other way around. 

If theres no franchise QB this year Im usually anti RB high but taking Gordon and signing Iupati seems like a great start. 

TE in FA? Amaro was better than any rookie TE and made some folks all rookie team?

Bullsh*t, Jenkins was the best rookie TE last year. He was hurt and missed or was hurt for 1/2 the games this year. He also had to share the ball with Jackson and Evans.

And Amaro sucks as a inline blocker, something that Jenkins did very well.

Im truly hoping we do not take this guy. Unless your an AJ Green, or Julio Jones type you should not be taken in the top 6 as a WR. 

Also drafting a WR high without a QB has been proven countless times to be a huge mistake. A Good QB makes the WR - Not the other way around. 

If theres no franchise QB this year Im usually anti RB high but taking Gordon and signing Iupati seems like a great start. 

I agree, when a guy touches the ball 5-7 times a game, he better be pretty explosive when he does. But you have to admit the floor on him is pretty high also.

No running back is worth a top ten pick, period. I would not even take one in the first round unless they were a Petersonesque transcendent talent, like Darren McFadden, Ryan Mathews, or Trent Richardson.

The position is interchangeable and it's not even a need for the Jets. Ivory is cheaply signed and more than adequate.

Archived