Letting Bygones be Bygones

AFJF

Alright folks,  looks like the Jets have a new regime in place.  Maccagnan is the GM and tons of reports saying Bowles is the new HC.  

As much as some of us would like to pretend we know how it's going to turn out, we don't.  We can watch and cheer and scream, but only time will tell.

I said a million times over that it was time for Rex to go despite the fact that I loved the guy and I understand that he was a polarizing figure.

Plenty of posters blasted me and several others for it and questioned our loyalty as a Jets fans.

Whatever...who cares.  Rex is gone, Bowles is (likely) in, and  it's time to move on.

I love this place...JetNation.com is my home away from home.  I literally can't get enough Jets talk, so with a new GM, and a new head coach...let's bury the proverbial hatchet and root for the Jets from here on out.

Stop pretending you're a better Jets fan than somebody else because you hate somebody that another fan likes.  It's a narcissistic insane approach to fandom and should be flushed immediately.  We all signed up with JetNation.com for the same reason (excpet for PatsFanTx) and we should all be in this together.  Stop the bitching/moaning/whining/complaining and join your fellow Jets fans in cheering for the Green and  White do break this billion year drought, and hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Alright folks,  looks like the Jets have a new regime in place.  Maccagnan is the GM and tons of reports saying Bowles is the new HC.

So it seems.  

As much as some of us would like to pretend we know how it's going to turn out, we don't.  We can watch and cheer and scream, but only time will tell.

Indeed.

Whatever...who cares.  Rex is gone, Bowles is (likely) in, and  it's time to move on.

Was there another option?

I love this place...JetNation.com is my home away from home.  I literally can't get enough Jets talk, so with a new GM, and a new head coach...let's bury the proverbial hatchet and root for the Jets from here on out.

Rooting for the Jets, eh? Seems reasonable.

Stop pretending you're a better Jets fan than somebody else because you hate somebody that another fan likes.  It's a narcissistic insane approach to fandom and should be flushed immediately.  We all signed up with JetNation.com for the same reason (excpet for PatsFanTx) and we should all be in this together.  Stop the bitching/moaning/whining/complaining and join your fellow Jets fans in cheering for the Green and  White do break this billion year drought, and hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

I thought we were moving on?

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Yes indeed.

I don't care. That Norv Turner thread is the dumbest thing that has ever happened to this forum and I'm not letting that one go until all of you have paid dearly for it.

Norv Turner thread?

lame post.

I agree.

I don't care that people disagreed about Rex. I also don't think calling a sub-set of fans "narcissistic" and "insane" is how you go about "burying the hatchet". 

This is like saying "I was right, anyone that disagreed is [namecalling], now we can't talk about it anymore". 

May be well-intentioned, but bad form on the execution.

I agree.

I don't care that people disagreed about Rex. I also don't think calling a sub-set of fans "narcissistic" and "insane" is how you go about "burying the hatchet". 

This is like saying "I was right, anyone that disagreed is [namecalling], now we can't talk about it anymore". 

May be well-intentioned, but bad form on the execution.

You're 100% right...terrible, terrible choice of words on my part.

Lets just say each side felt strongly about their opinions which lead to some ugly infighting and move on.  Well, that's what I'm gonna' do anyway.

I just want this team to succeed.  I hope Bowles is the guy to make it happen!!

Couldn't agree more. And it's really about accepting it personally. I really didn't want this Houston guy as GM, but I decided a few weeks ago who ever it end up being, I'll support them and think positive..... Because I have no say anyway, and the alternative is to be negative when in reality none of us have any idea what will happen.

This is how I was about Rex. Didn't want him, supported him at first, never was bashful about pointing out his flaws - but the sonovabitch made me believe once he got us into those playoffs. It was amazing... until the AFCC game versus Pittsburgh, and the on-field celebration after beating the Pats, that was when the bubble burst and everything I'd made note of as flaw came rushing to the surface. I never forgave any of that, and I don't plan to. 

The rest was 4 years of torture, and anyone that tells me I'm narcissistic and insane for not appreciating that Rex drove the team into the ground in those 4 years needs to remember that he's on the staff of a website that just asked people not to make personal attacks. 

Will never let the Rex fans off the hook. They backed a loser all the way to the grave and they deserve all the shame that comes with that.

I look at it like this, if Rex proved me wrong with the Jets, I would have never lived it down. So yeah... 

You're 100% right...terrible, terrible choice of words on my part.

Lets just say each side felt strongly about their opinions which lead to some ugly infighting and move on.  Well, that's what I'm gonna' do anyway.

I just want this team to succeed.  I hope Bowles is the guy to make it happen!!

I won't harp on it further. 

I hope Bowles is the guy too, after 4+ years of knowing we're going nowhere, it feels great to be psyched again. Let's run with that... and bash that new Bills HC when he starts talking junk about the NEW ******* YORK JETS.

Maybe it can start by changing the welcome mat?

New York Jets Message Board
Talk about Rex Ryan, John Idzik Todd Bowles, that Scotsman with the funny hat, the NY Jets and the NFL here.

Something like that? :character0050:
(and why is there a smiley image of a banana having its way with a cow?)

Will never let the Rex fans off the hook. They backed a loser all the way to the grave and they deserve all the shame that comes with that.

Tom is it true that you have a notebook? With Rex lover names in it?

Maybe it can start by changing the welcome mat?

New York Jets Message Board
Talk about Rex Ryan, John Idzik Todd Bowles, that Scotsman with the funny hat, the NY Jets and the NFL here.

Something like that? :character0050:
(and why is there a smiley image of a banana having its way with a cow?)

Good call!

Just updated it. Thanks.

From a guy who shed a few tears when Idzik was lfired.  A guy with 12drafts picks and unthinkable kept them all, could not find a single WR to contribute in the richest WR draft ever.   GoAAAAAAAAAAAAA It  :animal0028: 

Archived