some big time wrs to hit FA

kmnj

one that I actually think will hit the market and I would love to have is Cobb-packers got jordy and adams is there to step right in-cobb and decker would be a nice tandem-would be nicer if there was a good qb throwing to them but I like that tandem-if harvin will come back on the cheap(I dont think he will) throw in him there too and get kerley out of here

jets  offense minus a qb)clearly critical lol) would look killer

QB-need a miracle

RB-cut CJ sign spiller and keep him with ivory

wrs-cobb decker, harvin

Te-cumberland and Amaro

one that I actually think will hit the market and I would love to have is Cobb-packers got jordy and adams is there to step right in-cobb and decker would be a nice tandem-would be nicer if there was a good qb throwing to them but I like that tandem-if harvin will come back on the cheap(I dont think he will) throw in him there too and get kerley out of here

jets  offense minus a qb)clearly critical lol) would look killer

QB-need a miracle

RB-cut CJ sign spiller and keep him with ivory

wrs-cobb decker, harvin

Te-cumberland and Amaro

Yup, Chan's Offensive system is based on short routes in space that DEMAND WRs/RBs who can get YAC after the catch.

Dont forget Kerley and Amaro both fit that skill set perfect.  With Chan system I expect Amaro to have a huge year.

We already resigned Kerley just a month or two ago. But any chance Cowboys are bluffing and aren't positive they can give Dez what he wants... if they do at least Demarco is sure to hit FA. We could go Demarco or Spiller on halfback situation. I would love to get a real #1 in here. Thomas will probably stay as well.

Cobb is 2X> Harvin Better hands , Better work ethic, great team player...He is a #1 caliber WR

I doubt very much Woody will pay him, I expect Packers to resign him.

He is not twice as good as Harvin. When healthy, Harvin is a superior player. Percy is a mercurial dick though, and Cobb is not.

He is not twice as good as Harvin. When healthy, Harvin is a superior player. Percy is a mercurial dick though, and Cobb is not.

Harvin maybe a superior athlete, he is not a superior WR, Cobb can run the entire route tree, Harvin cannot. Percy is a major underachiever, if you cant play for laid back pete carol, I doubt he can play for anyone. Let Jills sign Percy and jets should pick up Spiller.

Ya, neither one that much better than other. Cobb obviously gets less double coverage and primary CB coverage cause of all skill players on GB and he has Aaron Rodgers, LOL.

harvin fragile (cobb also, but not as much) and harvin a head case, cobb isnt.

If I could get for same price or tad more I'd take Cobb but doubt he would come here unless he has history w/Bowles or Gailey. I wouldnt break bank for Cobb if Harvin willing to stay for manageable price.

Once we release Harvin he will be there - But we can do that extemely late. 

If the drafts history shows us anything - You dont take WRs high. This in particular is a position that its better to get a FA. High WR draft picks just bust too much. Instead of drafting Crabtree top 10 - We can sign him reasonably this year. 

Harvin maybe a superior athlete, he is not a superior WR, Cobb can run the entire route tree, Harvin cannot. Percy is a major underachiever, if you cant play for laid back pete carol, I doubt he can play for anyone. Let Jills sign Percy and jets should pick up Spiller.

I don't recall Randall Cobb ever being an MVP candidate.

Percy is a douche. That's his problem. But, he is already here and we can cut him at any time. It would be better to draft a high ceiling WR and keep Harvin and Decker than to shell out massive coin for Cobb.

I don't recall Randall Cobb ever being an MVP candidate.

Percy is a douche. That's his problem. But, he is already here and we can cut him at any time. It would be better to draft a high ceiling WR and keep Harvin and Decker than to shell out massive coin for Cobb.

Cobb is a special player. I really doubt Thompson let's him walk

Cobb is a special player. I really doubt Thompson let's him walk

Of the big name WRs, I see him as the most likely to actually hit free agency. They already locked up Nelson long term and Adams is emerging. People didn't think they'd let Jennings walk either. If he will take a hometown discount, I'm sure they'd love to have him back, but he can get more on the open market.

Cobb stays healthy. Garvin can kick rocks.

Did you see catch by Cobb that probably won them the game, to be able to keep his feet in play was unreal. Percy cannot make these sideline catches, if you want to run a jet sweep percy is your man, until he pulls a hammy or gets a headache

Of the big name WRs, I see him as the most likely to actually hit free agency. They already locked up Nelson long term and Adams is emerging. People didn't think they'd let Jennings walk either. If he will take a hometown discount, I'm sure they'd love to have him back, but he can get more on the open market.

Cobb is better than Jordy and Jordy is a very good player

From GB paper:

Randall Cobb has earned the right to stand at the head of the class in the Green Bay Packers' planning for 2015 and beyond.

The Packers are attempting to re-sign Cobb to a long-term contract extension. Of the 11 players headed for unrestricted free agency, Cobb is their priority.

It won't be easy, however, for management to extend Cobb. 

The Packers surely wouldn't want to pay Cobb more than Jordy Nelson. More than likely, however, agent Jimmy Sexton will push the envelope and seek to surpass the four-year extension signed by Nelson in July that averaged $9.75 million and contained $11.5 million in guarantees.

Cobb's leverage comes in the form of his outstanding play this season and the threat of unrestricted free agency, although top wide receivers Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Torrey Smith, Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin all have expiring contracts, too.

Giving the Packers leverage is the chance to keep on catching passes from Aaron Rodgers as well as the series of injuries that Cobb already has suffered and might continue to suffer as a small man in a big-man's game.

Sexton undoubtedly will use a few wide receivers with contracts even more lucrative than Nelson's. The Packers might work off the five-year deal averaging $6.2 million ($13.25 million guaranteed) that Golden Tate received from Detroit to leave Seattle in March.

Cobb stays healthy. Harvin can kick rocks, but I doubt the packers let Cobb walk

Cobb missed like half the season last year.

Harvin wasn't injury prone his first three years. I don't really buy into injury prone sh*t. Unless they have like a degenerative condition or keep hurting the same body part repeatedly, it's mostly just bad luck. There are a ton of guys once labeled as "injury prone" that have proven to be highly durable players (DeMaryius Thomas, Frank Gore, and Matthew Stafford immediately spring to mind).

Cobb missed like half the season last year.

Harvin wasn't injury prone his first three years. I don't really buy into injury prone sh*t. Unless they have like a degenerative condition or keep hurting the same body part repeatedly, it's mostly just bad luck. There are a ton of guys once labeled as "injury prone" that have proven to be highly durable players (DeMaryius Thomas, Frank Gore, and Matthew Stafford immediately spring to mind).

harvin missed many games, I believe, in Minnesota mainly due to headaches, in seattle he missed whole season, until SB game

That is batsh*t insane. Jordy Nelson is far superior than Cobb and the Packers agree since it was Nelson that they didn't allow to hit free agency and not Cobb.

As a packers fan, I disagree, When game is on the line, I want Cobb with the ball not Jordy. Jordy was a good signing cause he is a good player. Sometimes it is the timing of when they hit FA, if Cobb was first, packers would have signed him. I watch every packers game.

harvin missed many games, I believe, in Minnesota mainly due to headaches, in seattle he missed whole season, until SB game

Nope. That was a myth.

He missed three games over his first three seasons. He got his migraines under control after his second year and was actually quite durable until he hurt his ankle mid-way through 2012.

As a packers fan, I disagree, When game is on the line, I want Cobb with the ball not Jordy. Jordy was a good signing cause he is a good player. Sometimes it is the timing of when they hit FA, if Cobb was first, packers would have signed him. I watch every packers game.

Good for you, Packers fan, but you are 100% wrong. Jordy Nelson is an elite number one WR. Cobb is a complimentary piece, albeit a damn good one.

Good for you, Packers fan, but you are 100% wrong. Jordy Nelson is an elite number one WR. Cobb is a complimentary piece, albeit a damn good one.

LOL, he isnt a GB fan, its all BS. 

He is Jets Green 100% just has to say he isnt cause he said he was done with Jets, yet still is here 24/7 and all Jets all the time. He didnt leave for 5 years or whatever he said it would be.

if truly done with Jets he wouldnt be interested in posting here at all.

I am glad he is still 100% jets Green cause he has passion and is right on many of his predictions. Only flaw is he takes Jet losses very very hard. It's just a game played by millionaires who care less than we do about the team LOL.

Welcome back Bleed Green Afo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived