Draft a QB/who, sign Vet FA QB, stand pat?

SouthernJet

Draft a QB/who, sign Vet FA QB, stand pat?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Draft a QB/who, sign Vet FA QB, stand pat?

• Draft Marriota
    • Draft Winston
    • Draft a QB in rounds 2 through 3
    • Draft a total sleeper QB rounds 4-7
    • Sign a Vet Free Agent QB to compete w/Geno
    • Stand pat, keep Geno/Simms, see what QBs get cut in camp
    • Other, trade valuable draft picks for existing non Free Agent NFL QB

No love yet for 'Five Finger Discount' Winston?

I can see it now. Jets draft Winston.Later this year, while in London, Geno and Jameis are out the night before the Dolphin game, and Geno realizes that London is really 5 hours ahead of New York time. Not wanting to miss another team meeting the night before a game, they hail a taxi. They get to the hotel, and Jameis tries to beat the cabbie out of the fare.The bobbies arrest them both, and Bowles decides to leave them in jail, and the Matt Simms era officially begins. 

I can see it now. Jets draft Winston.Later this year, while in London, Geno and Jameis are out the night before the Dolphin game, and Geno realizes that London is really 5 hours ahead of New York time. Not wanting to miss another team meeting the night before a game, they hail a taxi. They get to the hotel, and Jameis tries to beat the cabbie out of the fare.The bobbies arrest them both, and Bowles decides to leave them in jail, and the Matt Simms era officially begins. 

Hollywood ending ;)

yu agree savage, folks make mistakes,,why I am surprised no votes yet

In all seriousness, whenever the two top guys start working out for all the teams, whether it's at the combine or their pro days, Winston is so going to distance himself from Marriota, it's not gonna be funny. He'll be a Buc, and maybe we can try to pry Glennon away.

if winston or mariotta are available at 6 u have to take em. i doubt either will be tho, so im guessing we sign fitz or moore and take petty in round 2 or 3

Or they both are and the Jets draft someone nobody ever heard of like they did when they passed on Marino for Kenny.. :animal0029:

In all seriousness, whenever the two top guys start working out for all the teams, whether it's at the combine or their pro days, Winston is so going to distance himself from Marriota, it's not gonna be funny. He'll be a Buc, and maybe we can try to pry Glennon away.

Everything I have read from the pro personal people say that Winston is way ahead of Marriota NFL wise..

If  a Vet FA I think they take Matt Moore , UFA from Fins who Bowles and our new DC  has history with.

Have a very good friend who's a big Jets fan in Boca. Says that's what a lot of folks down there think is gonna happen.

makes sense,, he has history with several new Jets coaches (so if they sign himit  means he isnt a jackass or idiot XsOs-wise) and Chan has won with much less skilled QBs.

if winston or mariotta are available at 6 u have to take em. i doubt either will be tho, so im guessing we sign fitz or moore and take petty in round 2 or 3

This. And if somehow the Duck and the Thief are gone, trade for Mike Glennon. The Bucs will have taken a QB and looking to dump him.

This. And if somehow the Duck and the Thief are gone, trade for Mike Glennon. The Bucs will have taken a QB and looking to dump him.

or get matt moore without losing draft picks,,do we really think glennon is franchise guy,, i dont trade picks unless i think he is potential franchise qb..

I tell u what, if we get glennon, we need to shore up OL, cause he isnt most mobile guy in world..concrete shoes come to mind

I see Matt Moore's name get thrown around a lot, but I have my doubts about him even being interested in a place where he'd have a chance to start. He turned that down before to stick as Miami's backup. He may like the idea of making nice money in a state with no income tax, and not having to play for it. 

Hard to speak to either of the big QB names in the draft because I'm not a big college football guy. They could go 1-2, or one or both could slide. So do the Jets miss out entirely, or do they become the team that stops a slide? I don't know. The move with the #6 overall may be to get more of a slam dunk than a project. The new regime takes a QB that high and misses, that's pretty much it for them. 

Geno's gonna be on the team, and not a lot of the available names are obviously better than him. Do you give a guy like Jake Locker a chance with his injury history? Maybe, if he comes cheap enough. I'd consider Colt McCoy. I'd wanted Jason Campbell in here a couple times before, but he's starting to get up there now. 

I'd probably go with McCoy and a draft pick anywhere after the first round. Let them battle it out with Geno and the most popular guy on the team. 

I see Matt Moore's name get thrown around a lot, but I have my doubts about him even being interested in a place where he'd have a chance to start. He turned that down before to stick as Miami's backup. He may like the idea of making nice money in a state with no income tax, and not having to play for it. 

Hard to speak to either of the big QB names in the draft because I'm not a big college football guy. They could go 1-2, or one or both could slide. So do the Jets miss out entirely, or do they become the team that stops a slide? I don't know. The move with the #6 overall may be to get more of a slam dunk than a project. The new regime takes a QB that high and misses, that's pretty much it for them. 

Geno's gonna be on the team, and not a lot of the available names are obviously better than him. Do you give a guy like Jake Locker a chance with his injury history? Maybe, if he comes cheap enough. I'd consider Colt McCoy. I'd wanted Jason Campbell in here a couple times before, but he's starting to get up there now. 

I'd probably go with McCoy and a draft pick anywhere after the first round. Let them battle it out with Geno and the most popular guy on the team. 

I was just surfing on a Bills board and they think they are gonna trade for Kapernick..

I was just surfing on a Bills board and they think they are gonna trade for Kapernick..

I understand the fan logic. The OC has the connection, and Kaep once ran all over Rex, but what do they intend to trade? I think Kaepernick is overrated, but he's still worth a first round pick. The Bills don't have a first round pick. Most of their talent is on the defensive side of the ball, and I can't imagine Rex green-lighting the trade of a talented defensive player. 

Place Geno in a Florham Park dumpster.

I have to agree with that. Other than Miami, when Geno posted a perfect passer rating - against a team that I am sure quit that day - doesn't fool me. When the games counted he sucked a$$.  Maybe a better QB coach than David Lee can get more out of him, but he is not starting caliber. Not nearly accurate enough on sideline throws. Harvin should have had two TD's if Geno was on the mark, which he wasn't.

I voted taking a QB in rounds 2 or 3.  With the draft being so far away, at this point, just from his college career, I would want that pick to be Brett Hundley.  

Hundley has size, athleticism and raw talent. The Bruins offense averaged 468 yards per game. He completed 259 of 368 passes for a completion rate of 70.4 percent, for 3,019 yards. He had 21 touchdown with five interceptions. He has skills running the football as well.

I understand accuracy is an issue even though the numbers say otherwise. I am not comparing him to Russell Wilson but they seem similar to me.  Hundley looks like a gamer to me, and has no off field issues, and comes off as a leader.  With a supposed weak QB class, I'd like to see the Jets develop him.

I'd wanted Jason Campbell in here a couple times before, but he's starting to get up there now. 

I would take him for the short term if they draft a guy like Bryce Petty and allow him to sit a half a season or more if needed. I think Campbell can be effective and much better option than Geno Smith, who I have lost all faith in. 

Archived