Eric Decker vs Emmanuel Sanders?

Clementi49

A lot was made in the offseason whether Decker was a true #1 or not or if he was a legit #2 or even 1a guy. All of that put aside. Now Sanders did have some flashes this year as a really good WR but was it ever better than Decker was when he was with them. Did the Denver Broncos basically struggle this year without a legit second option for Manning? Is Eric Decker better than people gave him credit for ? In my opinion Decker is 10x the WR than Sanders is and it showed this season. Denver had no other options in the playoffs when they doubled Demarious.

Decker imo is better than Sanders. But it should have been Decker, and Sanders this year for the Jets if that buffoon GM didn't screw it up.

Decker, and Sanders > Decker, and Harvin if for nothing other than salary alone. But also Sanders can run the same routes HarVin does IE screens, and actually is a better route runner, and a better locker room guy.

Harvin is more talented than Sanders, but everything else added up makes Sanders the better option.

A lot was made in the offseason whether Decker was a true #1 or not or if he was a legit #2 or even 1a guy. All of that put aside. Now Sanders did have some flashes this year as a really good WR but was it ever better than Decker was when he was with them. Did the Denver Broncos basically struggle this year without a legit second option for Manning? Is Eric Decker better than people gave him credit for ? In my opinion Decker is 10x the WR than Sanders is and it showed this season. Denver had no other options in the playoffs when they doubled Demarious.

Decker is a better all around receiver imho; Sanders is more explosive and has more speed.  If only we had a legit QB throwing to him; it took Geno until the last 4-6 weeks of the season to finally develop some chemistry with Decker plus he suffered from that nagging hamstring injury much of the year.  If we could line up another top quality receiver opposite him, he could really flourish. 

Did the Broncos struggle this year?

Decker is better than Sanders, but to put the struggles of the Broncos' passing game in the second half of the season on Sanders is insane.

5th in the league in both receptions and yards, to go with nine touchdowns. Yep, dude is the reason they struggled.

EDIT: And, yes, Sanders was better than Decker ever was for Denver. I still think Decker is the better receiver based on Sanders being about average when paired with Roethlisberger.

If the Jets signed Sanders:

• Idzik would have avoided taking any WRs in the draft prior to round 6 since it's then no longer a need.
  • Sanders would have finished the season with 385 yards and 1 TD, going on IR in week 9.
  • The criticism thrown Idzik's way is that he mindlessly wasted over $5M/year on a fast but meh receiver - the type that a smart ballclub like Pittsburgh knows when to let go of - instead of waiting to take one in the great WR draft of 2014 where everyone's a winner.  

So we would have no knowledge of the 3 do-nothing WRs we did take and the assumption would be if we took 3 it's guaranteed at least 1 of them would have been great. In reality, of course, so far the biggest news from our 3 drafted WRs was in the beginning of September when Enunwa smacked his hooker around in his hotel room and she called the cops on him. 

10x the receiver Sanders is?

We did not see the real Decker until late.  These leg injuries linger if you do not rest them.  Having said that, I feel that the blame for  those type of  leg injuries are on the receivers.  They have to come into camp in peak condition.  I like Sanders a lot.  I would love to have him.  Manning's year went to crap the last 6 games or so.  Sanders is a legit guy.

Sanders is better then Decker in a vacuum. Creates more separation and gives you way more matchup problems. 

Sanders at half the cost of Decker gives you the exact reason you dont pay for guys with big numbers coming from offenses with Stud QB's ---Cough Randall Cobb. 

I like Decker/Harvin/Kerley/Amaro going into next season. If we can get even a not sh*t QB next year we should at least be able to put up an average passing offense.

Please get over the notion that HARVIN will be a JET next year. Aint gonna happen. He will be released since the Jets will not pay his contract $$$ numbers as per his current contract. He will obviously go to a better team with a better QB.

Archived