Report: Chip Kelly already plotting to move up for Marcus Mariota

32EBoozer

This year's first and a 2, plus next year's first. If they want to throw in Foles, drop the 2 to a 4. I kinda like this first round in that 10-20 range better anyway.

Thats probably what they'd be ok with it. If they are greatly in love with Marriotta, then I'd ask for this yrs 2nd, next yrs 1st and next year's 2nd to move down to the 20th. Its not a small leap by any means.

I think you're wayyyyyyy overrating Foles. People thought Kelly was about to bench him for Sanchez before he got hurt. Also, Foles' value bottoms out simply by virtue of Kelly making the phone call to go after Mariota.

He's a prototype playing in a system that doesn't fit him. And he still put up 27tds and 3 picks. He's more valuable than Mariota because he fits more teams. But hey, if we get Foles and the #20 pick and nexts years #1 I'll be happy to be wrong. I just think that veteran coaches like Wisenhunt and Lovie will be happy to snatch up Foles instead of Winston or Mariota. And if our price is too high then Kelly will just go with one of those teams. And we get stuck with one of the rookies.

This all boils down to buy low and sell high. Foles 2014 season may be the best thing that ever happened to us.

This year's first and a 2, plus next year's first. If they want to throw in Foles, drop the 2 to a 4. I kinda like this first round in that 10-20 range better anyway.

No way they would give up that much, but I think Nick Foles and two picks, one in this draft and one in the next (FORGET about 1st rounders) would do the trick.  This would push Geno, and give us an extra pick in this draft to give Geno/Nick more weapons to throw to.

I don't think there is any way Mariotta drops.  His stock is the exact type of stock that rises during the combine, because he's going to run extremely well for a QB, have a strong arm, and great interviews.  It's Winston's stock that might drop because he's not nearly as mobile, and incredibly immature.  

I would love to move back, but I wouldn't want to center a deal around Foles.  Foles is a below average type guy that fits the system well, heck even Sanchez looked decent in that system for awhile.  If Foles was anywhere near decent, Kelly wouldn't be wasting what could amount to be 3 first round picks on an upgrade to Mariotta.  You do that, when you know the QB situation is absolute crap.   So if the guy that has Foles right now could be that desperate, what does that tell you about Foles?  

Now assuming Mariotta drops (highly unlikely IMO), and the Eagles offer three first round picks, do you take it?   

I don't think it's as easy as the Washington deal.   The Eagles are set up to be in the playoff hunt for the next three years without Mariotta.  Dallas has to regress next year, because they will lose Murray.  Giants ship is heading straight down, and Washington is a joke.  So these aren't going to be high picks like the Rams got from the Redskins.  We're looking at late teens and picks in the 20s most likely.  Are those picks worth giving up on a possible stud QB?  I think it's a close call.  

I don't think there is any way Mariotta drops.  His stock is the exact type of stock that rises during the combine, because he's going to run extremely well for a QB, have a strong arm, and great interviews.  It's Winston's stock that might drop because he's not nearly as mobile, and incredibly immature.  

I would love to move back, but I wouldn't want to center a deal around Foles.  Foles is a below average type guy that fits the system well, heck even Sanchez looked decent in that system for awhile.  If Foles was anywhere near decent, Kelly wouldn't be wasting what could amount to be 3 first round picks on an upgrade to Mariotta.  You do that, when you know the QB situation is absolute crap.   So if the guy that has Foles right now could be that desperate, what does that tell you about Foles?  

Now assuming Mariotta drops (highly unlikely IMO), and the Eagles offer three first round picks, do you take it?   

I don't think it's as easy as the Washington deal.   The Eagles are set up to be in the playoff hunt for the next three years without Mariotta.  Dallas has to regress next year, because they will lose Murray.  Giants ship is heading straight down, and Washington is a joke.  So these aren't going to be high picks like the Rams got from the Redskins.  We're looking at late teens and picks in the 20s most likely.  Are those picks worth giving up on a possible stud QB?  I think it's a close call.  

Don't forget the Wonderlic test scores. Marriota I believe is a pre-med student(I thought I heard he has been contemplating Grad school) while Winston might not score as well, comparatively.

No way they would give up that much, but I think Nick Foles and two picks, one in this draft and one in the next (FORGET about 1st rounders) would do the trick.  This would push Geno, and give us an extra pick in this draft to give Geno/Nick more weapons to throw to.

The only kind of push Geno needs is off a cliff

Not sure what you are saying here, are you saying Foles another two picks and we get pick 20?  If so I'd listen.  If you are saying foles and two non 1st round picks for our #6 pick then I'd decline that offer very very fast.  I like foles and would like to get him but moving from 20 to 6 to get a guy you really want is going to cost you, especially when you are in essence saying you don't want foles as philly would be saying.

Best case scenario would be a three team deal where we move back to about 10, and still come away with another 1 next year.

His stock is going to drop like a lead balloon after that bowl game, so we'll see how it goes.

It may take the Eagles to trade up twice if they really want Marcus, the issue would be that if the Jets are only moving back 4 spots in the first round, that isn't worth a first round pick in compensation.

Don't forget the Wonderlic test scores. Marriota I believe is a pre-med student(I thought I heard he has been contemplating Grad school) while Winston might not score as well, comparatively.

Yeah, he took a science course instead of BS courses most of the top end athletes at these schools take, so it shows effort and smarts as well.   And if the Eagles want to trade, a team like the Titans would love to trade back because they are in a long haul rebuild at this point.  

It's pick 6 and Marriota is on the Board. The Eagles call the Jets, and the offer is as followed.

Pick  20

Jeremy Maclin

LeSean McCoy

2016 2nd round  pick

What do you say ?

Jeremy Maclin is an unrestricted Fa , all you have to do is outbid other teams, and he's your's. You can't trade for him . Now substitute Nick Foles for Maclin, and that might be possible.

Archived