Connor Cook vs Marcus Mariota

CurtisMartin17

Ok Jets fans. First time poster here but, like you guys, I make better mock drafts than 75% of actual nfl GM's end up making real ones. Now down to business. I still have a small amount of faith in Geno only because he might be more comfortable running the same kind of offense he did in college that made him not only a Heisman candidate but also a possible #1 draft pick to the Chiefs. However, we need to draft a QB and sit him for a year behind a savvy Veteran QB. My question to you is, Who would be better ?  Either Marcus Mariota who aside from the whole "system product" label would fit well in Chan Gailey's system, or Connor Cook who now will have played 4 years for Michigan State, has experience running an NFL-style offense under center with drop-backs & is possibly the top QB next year if your not on the Cardale Jones bandwagon. Don't reach for Mariota this year. If he's there at number 6 and he's a better option than any OLB on the board get him. Either that or trade back with Philly to stock picks then package them to move up as far as we need to next year to get Cook. Your thoughts on who would be better for us in the long run ? 

he's was afraid of the compettion for the #1 spot

not a guy I want.  If he doesn't think he is better than winston, **** him

Im pretty sure he is just humble like Russel Wilson or Peyton Manning. Plus who wants to be QB #3 in a draft where everyone complains about the top 2 QB's Winston & Mariota when you have a better chance to be the top QB next year

I don't know how true that is. He's hardly guaranteed to be the top guy next year, either.

with the injury risk the only reason to stay in school is to better your draft position.  he looked around at the landscape and decided he was better off going higher next year.  

with the injury risk the only reason to stay in school is to better your draft position. he looked around at the landscape and decided he was better off going higher next year.

Cook made his decision to go back to school while Winston was prepping for his rape documentary and Mariota was getting butt-plugged by Ohio State. I just don't see why he'd be afraid of those two.

Great question and one I hope is feeding the trade details with Philly, their #1 next year is much more valuable to this team then an extra 2nd this year, would give the Jets the firepower to move up for a QB next year

Straight out of the BroadwayJets handbook

Cook made his decision to go back to school while Winston was prepping for his rape documentary and Mariota was getting butt-plugged by Ohio State. I just don't see why he'd be afraid of those two.

Great point; I don't see how he won't have gone number 1 or at least 2 this year.

Fwiw I saw him in 5 games this year and it was the one thing I kept coming away with in every game. Misses easy throws. Mechanics came and went. Jmo. But I agree. 

Yeah, that was my impression.  Some careless mechanics

Based on the unknowns with Mariota alone

Release, delivery, stronger arm...I think. IMO. 

I still think the Jets should take Mariota at 6 if there though and he's still my favorite QB in this class. And I'm still for Hundley in the 2nd or 3rd, if still there. 

Archived