Mariota this year or Cook next year?

joebabyny

I am not really up on college, so who is the best prospect, Mariota or the guy rated on the top for next year, Connor Cook?

When it was thought Cook was coming out this year a lot of people had him graded as a 1st rd pick. He comes from a pro oriented system and will be a four year student when he comes out, laying 3 games sophomore year than starting junior and senior year.

So anyone have any thoughts who would be the better prospect, Mariota this year or Cook next year?

I am not really up on college, so who is the best prospect, Mariota or the guy rated on the top for next year, Connor Cook?

When it was thought Cook was coming out this year a lot of people had him graded as a 1st rd pick. He comes from a pro oriented system and will be a four year student when he comes out, laying 3 games sophomore year than starting junior and senior year.

So anyone have any thoughts who would be the better prospect, Mariota this year or Cook next year?

I dont think we are going to be bad enough to get a chance to draft Cook next year unless we want to give up multiple #1's next year and a following year. I would much rather take my chances with Mariota. If you don't take the chance on Mariota now and your team is a 9-7 8-8 or even 10-6 team the next 3 years we will, never get that great pick to draft the top QB in any upcomming draft .

Mariota has the brains the ability the arm strength and the drive to be an NFL QB this nonsense that he can't take a snap from center and drop back properly or runa pro style offense is absolute bullsh!t. With his athletic ability he has what it takes to learn anything he wants and probably be damn good at it. That and the fact Chan gailey can run a similar offense to ease him into the NFL needs to be in the discussion as well.

Well it's not quite that simple.   

The team right now is too good around the QB position to not win 7 or more games.  That means our best case scenario is around pick 15 or so.  So when a truly transcendent QB comes around, you have to sell the entire draft to even have a shot at getting that QB, ala what the Redskins did, and even then, they were higher in the draft order I believe.  So assuming Cook next year is rated as a stud QB, top 2 pick type guy, then the real question is, Mariotta or Cook (and lose multiple first round picks for him).   

And if Cook starts to fall, then he's going to fall for a reason at which point he's going to have questions marks one way or another, and there will never be a dearth of QB needy teams in the top 10 that a true stud will just fall.   '

I think the 2016 class should be exciting, I really like Kyle Allen, I think he's got stud potential.  Also think Dashuan Watson has some nice potential as well.  Both seemed to do extremely well considering they were freshman this year.  

It doesn't matter for the Jets since he will go in the top 3 next year. I love Cook and did have him slightly over Mariota who I think is going to improve getting coached up. Cook was smart to stay for another year and more QBS should stay in college if they have eligibility. Manziel should of never came out as should Mariota and Winston. The more you develop in college for a QB the better you are coming to the NFL. 

I dont think we are going to be bad enough to get a chance to draft Cook next year unless we want to give up multiple #1's next year and a following year. I would much rather take my chances with Mariota. If you don't take the chance on Mariota now and your team is a 9-7 8-8 or even 10-6 team the next 3 years we will, never get that great pick to draft the top QB in any upcomming draft .

Mariota has the brains the ability the arm strength and the drive to be an NFL QB this nonsense that he can't take a snap from center and drop back properly or runa pro style offense is absolute bullsh!t. With his athletic ability he has what it takes to learn anything he wants and probably be damn good at it. That and the fact Chan gailey can run a similar offense to ease him into the NFL needs to be in the discussion as well.

If the Jets could trade out of 6, pick up and extra 1 and 2 for next years draft, that could soften the blow.

Hackenberg by the way played significantly poorer his sophomore year than his freshman, probably the coaching change. But he has to step it up to put himself back in top 10 fold.

True, but straight up just think he's a better pure passer than Cook. Much less stiff an athlete.

Archived