Now,,,if we can only feel this great at end of season!!

SouthernJet

Be interesting to look through the schedule & get info on our opponents Olines.

Bad Olines against this revamped Bowles defense is gonna be fun to watch. We only already know going into the game that 1 receiver is negated by Revis.

Sammy Watkins? Sit down son

Mike Wallace? Lol

Patriots WRs? Stop Edelman & Gronk

It's gonna be a lot of fun watching this defense next year, especially in the second half of the season when they really start to jell.

When's the last time the Jets went on a roll in Nov. & Dec.?

Be interesting to look through the schedule & get info on our opponents Olines.

Bad Olines against this revamped Bowles defense is gonna be fun to watch. We only already know going into the game that 1 receiver is negated by Revis.

Sammy Watkins? Sit down son

Mike Wallace? Lol

Patriots WRs? Stop Edelman & Gronk

It's gonna be a lot of fun watching this defense next year, especially in the second half of the season when they really start to jell.

When's the last time the Jets went on a roll in Nov. & Dec.?

Can't Wait, eh Jetster? I'm with ya brother

I'm not very confident tbh. This looks like a 9 win team to me even after the draft unless we blow it out of the water.

Damn, I will take 9 Ws in 2015 after: -  a 4 win 2014 season, - 3 new playbooks (O/D/STs) and -  new Coach staff... Thats a f'in great turnaround in 1 damn year. If we do that, 2016 and beyond is even more promising..... 9Ws also means meaningful games into December, which is always fun!!!!!!!!! 

I'm not very confident tbh. This looks like a 9 win team to me even after the draft unless we blow it out of the water.

9 wins would be a successful turnaround season, IMO, but If either Geno or Fitz miraculously take some magical steps forward, more than 9 wins is possible with this defense.

9 wins is more than double last years record. I mean come on how much more can you ask for? This is finally going to be an enjoyable team to watch, I can't wait. And give guys a year in the new system and then we can have serious playoffs talks. ( not saying this year is out of the question)

9 wins is more than double last years record. I mean come on how much more can you ask for? This is finally going to be an enjoyable team to watch, I can't wait. And give guys a year in the new system and then we can have serious playoffs talks. ( not saying this year is out of the question)

I'm shooting for the division! LOL!

Outside of the AFC East let's take a look at our schedule.

At HOME where there will definitely be a RENEWED interest from our fan base:

Jaguars? Do you think Bortles gets to his 3rd option?

Titans? NO QB!

Redskins? Worst D in the LEAGUE!

Browns? Run Johnny Run

Eagles? Bradford hasn't played for 2 years!

Away:

Miami in London? British fans will be cheering Revis! Revis!

Texans? Brian Hoyer meet Sheldon & Mo (Revis shuts down Hopkins) just keep JJ at bay.

Giants? Like a home game. Giants defense STINKS!

Raiders? Carr with his #1 in Revis pocket & running for his life?

Colts? Still like our chances. Revis locks up ancient Andre, Skrine runs with TY. Jets do what everybody does to the Colts, run on them & watch neck beard on the sideline.

I gotta tell you guys, this schedule is all about the offense not effing up, because there isn't an offense in there other than the Colts that are world beaters. Aim to score between 21-24 a game & next season could be epic!

Wow that's a pretty favorable schedule. Limit QB turn overs and we can see a lot of wins. I don't know about you but I'm not gonna let anything get me down. This is the best Jets offseason I've ever been apart of.

Wow that's a pretty favorable schedule. Limit QB turn overs and we can see a lot of wins. I don't know about you but I'm not gonna let anything get me down. This is the best Jets offseason I've ever been apart of.

The best part it's not about signing aging vets.

Revis is still the best 1 of 2 CBs in the league. The rest of the guys are young & somewhat proven in what Bowles wants to do.

Then you have Marshall, just look at his production over the last 5 years (it's top 5).

Carpenter played on a Super Bowl team.

Cro even though he's getting older already is versed in Bowles defense.

This isn't like when we signed Ronnie Lott & Leonard Marshall.

We started out with one of the best Dlines in football & completely revamped our secondary.

Plus we have 4 picks & at 6 we have already seen every scenario possible & we always end up with a stud.

Then #37 in a really deep draft of WRs & RBs! Crazy good offseason. Best ever!

I think the Jets can be a 10-win team this season. Injuries will have a lot to say about that as always, but they will be hard to score on. If Fitzpatrick - I fully expect him to beat out Geno easily - cuts down on turnovers it can be done. Jets went to AFCCG with caretaker QB and a strong run game and tough defense. Plus we have a much better HC and GM this time around. I am very upbeat about this upcoming season.

Usually with this much turnover and money spent, teams never live up to the expectations.

9 wins and the playoffs?  Could be .  Now you may think I am crazy but like i said in another thread, if you make the playoffs then you are a Super Bowl contender.  Anything can happen once you make the playoffs.  Look at the Giants last 2 Super Bowls.

We have a defense that on paper looks to be very good so if we are in the playoffs and healthy, we can be a problem for any one to play.

I'm happy with the way things have gone, but it's not like I'm ecstatic or anything.  Adding Revis and Marshall were great, as they're difference makers (assuming Marshall keeps his head screwed on straight).  Most of the other signings I'd characterize as good, and probably the best we could have done - but nothing earth shattering.  Our OL is still OK, our LBs are OK, our RBs are OK.  Our QB is probably terrible - though we can hope he's mediocre.

Look, we're definitely improved, but anyone that thinks the playoffs are a shoo-in is crazy...

I'm happy with the way things have gone, but it's not like I'm ecstatic or anything.  Adding Revis and Marshall were great, as they're difference makers (assuming Marshall keeps his head screwed on straight).  Most of the other signings I'd characterize as good, and probably the best we could have done - but nothing earth shattering.  Our OL is still OK, our LBs are OK, our RBs are OK.  Our QB is probably terrible - though we can hope he's mediocre.

Look, we're definitely improved, but anyone that thinks the playoffs are a shoo-in is crazy...

I dont think anyone thinks that,, I think they think w/some breaks/lack of injuries, meaningful games will be played in Nov/Dec with hopefully sneaking into playoffs. 2016/17 would then be target to make 'some noise'

Agreed. 

But frankly I don't like the premise of this thread because it takes away Jets' fans favorite time of the season, right now, the off season.  Let me enjoy the hope and unbridled optimism of winter/spring.

Damn, I will take 9 Ws in 2015 after: -  a 4 win 2014 season, - 3 new playbooks (O/D/STs) and -  new Coach staff... Thats a f'in great turnaround in 1 damn year. If we do that, 2016 and beyond is even more promising..... 9Ws also means meaningful games into December, which is always fun!!!!!!!!! 

Sure.  If we have 9 wins after 15 games then it probably means we are playing with a shot at the playoffs.  And who know, 9 may get us into the playoffs.  I just want this season to be interesting.  Last season was a crushing bore.

Archived