Demario leads Jets in NFL performance based pay. Again.

32EBoozer

2nd year in a row. Played 1, 033 out of possible 1, 044 snaps. Made an extra $250, 000.

UFA after this yr. This is his contract year. Hope he plays out of his mind in Bowles system!

Why can't he be an OLB candidate? He's fast.Puts Q back on the line after we draft 1st rd OLb

Sorry I am unable to post link from NJ.com. read blurb in GGN

What is that based on? Number of snaps?

Rex runs a traditional 3-4 defense. One OLB has to play the run & set the edge, those guys are usually 6'4 - 280 pounds. On the other side he'll have somebody who goes after the QB primarily. Demario can't do either. And I guess he saw a little Ray Lewis in him. At least physically. Undersized, speedy guy who can tackle. Outside of that they have nothing in common of course. DD is about as instinctive as a shoe.

In Bowles' 4-3 type defense however I think DD can be a very effective WLB. He's similar to Lavonte David or Thomas Davis. Minus the instincts.

He's the vocal leader of this defense, love that about him.

Agreed. Rex defense very confusing (I think that is why Rex wanted Harris) I think Bowles scheme more read/react. Hoping that he comes into his own under Bowles. I think he is more of a mentor than Rex. Tough love vs. Rex's man love

What does "NFL Performance based Play" mean?

It's a $1mil + fund each team sets aside to reward UDFA, and lower round picks for playing time. The NFLPA put it in new league contract to help out players on minimum contracts to earn extra money. Snacks was a big benefactor of this.

Hope that helped. Google if you need more info

It's been around since 2002. I know you're a scout and not a contracts guy, but come on.

You're a funny dude. I write you and ask "how you doing today. Whats going on?" and I dont get a Response. Suddenly when there's a sarcastic remark to be said then I see you highlighted in my inbox. lol. Okay, you got me, it was cute.

So since I have this sarcastic opportunity, let me ask. Whats going on Dbates? Hows life brother?

You're a funny dude. I write you and ask "how you doing today. Whats going on?" and I dont get a Response. Suddenly when there's a sarcastic remark to be said then I see you highlighted in my inbox. lol. Okay, you got me, it was cute.

So since I have this sarcastic opportunity, let me ask. Whats going on Dbates? Hows life brother?

Ok, I guess

Archived