JN Mafia Game Thread: The Outsiders

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's not the type to lurk as scum.  She avoids confrontation, but that isn't the same as avoiding the thread - not her style.

That said, I can't read her yet as she's not actively posting.  I'm down with JC/Crush tomorrow.

a very lukewarm defense at best..

The leelou wouldn't have killed verbal line of thinking is decidedly illogical from a logical player..

He didn't vote for Lizzie at any point.

he didn't?

will have to double check that but..  even still

You are suggesting he was afraid to bus teammate #1, but then helped lead the charge day 2 on teammate #2?

Not sure

No. I think Nolder's actions on D1 (constant stalling) speak of a team trying to keep from losing a member (ie Lizzie) and eventually, when that didn't work, Nolder inevitably bussed. Which makes me think it's less likely that the other scummate was already on him... would have been a bit counterproductive if Nolder was making an honest attempt to get Verbal's train going if the other one was sitting on Lizzie, contributing to his train. After Lizzie flipped people were talking negatively about Nolder's hammer through the night. A smart scum would have bussed him early. 

a very lukewarm defense at best..

The leelou wouldn't have killed verbal line of thinking is decidedly illogical from a logical player..

My point was that Verbal indicated going after JC/Crusher the next day while having an inconclusive read on Lee....which would have kept him busy for a while.

Who has more to gain from shooting Verbal in this scenario? Lee or Crusher?

No. I think Nolder's actions on D1 (constant stalling) speak of a team trying to keep from losing a member (ie Lizzie) and eventually, when that didn't work, Nolder inevitably bussed. Which makes me think it's less likely that the other scummate was already on him... would have been a bit counterproductive if Nolder was making an honest attempt to get Verbal's train going if the other one was sitting on Lizzie, contributing to his train. After Lizzie flipped people were talking negatively about Nolder's hammer through the night. A smart scum would have bussed him early. 

it was only really jf80 talking negatively, queen derpina

I am not sure I buy the cause nolder stalled/defended, the other scum did as well. A good scum team purposely does opposite things early, and with the way that lizzie was acting,  Nolder's stalling was surprising idiotic, even for pokemon..  he created a spectacle that lead directly to his own death and became obvious scum instantly. You'd have to assume that lizzie's other teammate is as prone to be stupid as Nolder, which is unlikely

My point was that Verbal indicated going after JC/Crusher the next day while having an inconclusive read on Lee....which would have kept him busy for a while.

I don't believe scum generally behaves that way with NK's, specifically early, you kill who you think PR's are. Not who might vote so and so, 3 posts before indicating JC/Crusher Verbal indicated Nolder was probably town.

This isn't someone that townies will follow in droves, so I just don't believe that a lukewarm defense of leelou combined with a FOS of 2 other people is enough to pull a NK away from PR hunting

I get that PR hunting is part of a NK consideration. I know. I'm just saying that usually (from my experience) you also factor in who's more likely to side with you and who's gonna be in your way.

If you do that you make youself easier to catch, so much so in fact that often times good scum teams will do the reverse, hoping some townie will pick up their defense like you have here

but again, I 100% think Verbal died, just like Arsis cause they saw something that made them think PR. It's the only thing that explains you being alive btw

edit: If verbal was killed for targetting JC/Crusher.. why wouldn't you have been choice #1, given you have 2 votes and were even more verbally (pun intended) committed to those two + more of a town leader. Makes no sense

it was only really jf80 talking negatively, queen derpina

Really?

Here's 4 different players FoSing Nolder through the night.

Just getting back from Charlottesville, VA, home of Dave Matthews Band bumper stickers and lovely mountains.

I'm caught up. Nolder looks bad to me. Just giant walls of posts without saying anything. I'll probably be voting him to start the day.

Looks like he took the bus back home.

I'm in the nol was stalling for bg to dig himself out of his hole camp. I also think that I have an idea on someone else.

I also thought that Nolder's vote felt like a bus. I could vote there tomorrow. 

Really?

Here's 4 different players FoSing Nolder through the night.

Only Derpina's comments were strong, I missed lilly's completely, Arsis seemed to act like he had someone else up his sleeve, which is why he might of been thought to be a PR, I remember thinking it was curious he didn't want to mention who

nyn.. you may very well be right, with 12 players, and you being put in a position to defend leelou and me crusher, it's very likely one of us is defending scum .. but I would be shocked if Verb's extremely mild defense of Leelou would've stopped him from being a NK, i just think that whole line of thinking is so off base from someone who is usually on the ball

If you do that you make youself easier to catch, so much so in fact that often times good scum teams will do the reverse, hoping some townie will pick up their defense like you have here

but again, I 100% think Verbal died, just like Arsis cause they saw something that made them think PR. It's the only thing that explains you being alive btw

edit: If verbal was killed for targetting JC/Crusher.. why wouldn't you have been choice #1, given you have 2 votes and were even more verbally (pun intended) committed to those two + more of a town leader. Makes no sense

I have absolutely no idea why I haven't been killed yet. It's the single stupidest move ever and I can't even try to entertain why. I don't want to start tinfoiling on my reads because of it. ie worried that I might be alive cause I'm misclearing someone. I just rather not go there. We're at a good place. Two scum in two days. Time to buckle down.

Maybe my way of thinking as scum is more simplistic. I'm usually not that great at spotting PRs and picking up on subtleties so I do have the tendency to shoot nuisances and hope they happen to be PRs too. So I don't think you're wrong or anything in what you're saying. But I don't think I'm necessarily wrong either. Maybe I'm making a mistake factoring it in... I'll think about it.

nyn.. you may very well be right, with 12 players, and you being put in a position to defend leelou and me crusher, it's very likely one of us is defending scum .. but I would be shocked if Verb's extremely mild defense of Leelou would've stopped him from being a NK, i just think that whole line of thinking is so off base from someone who is usually on the ball

Maybe I'm overthinking it. I have been wrong about Lee in the past. I just don't feel as strongly about her. I can't help it, I'm stubborn :P

I have absolutely no idea why I haven't been killed yet. It's the single stupidest move ever and I can't even try to entertain why. I don't want to start tinfoiling on my reads because of it. ie worried that I might be alive cause I'm misclearing someone. I just rather not go there. We're at a good place. Two scum in two days. Time to buckle down.

Maybe my way of thinking as scum is more simplistic. I'm usually not that great at spotting PRs and picking up on subtleties so I do have the tendency to shoot nuisances and hope they happen to be PRs too. So I don't think you're wrong or anything in what you're saying. But I don't think I'm necessarily wrong either. Maybe I'm making a mistake factoring it in... I'll think about it.

You are contradicting yourself so much..

If you are town, and you believe scum kills at night based on who may or may not be on their side tomorrow. That is logically inconstant with you not being targeted and Crusher as scum.. By your own NK theory, you should've been target #1 if Crusher was scum

Maybe I'm overthinking it. I have been wrong about Lee in the past. I just don't feel as strongly about her. I can't help it, I'm stubborn :tongue:

i think your gut is saying crusher and you are talking yourself into circles trying to explain something your gut feels.

been there myself :)

You are contradicting yourself so much..

If you are town, and you believe scum kills at night based on who may or may not be on their side tomorrow. That is logically inconstant with you not being targeted and Crusher as scum.. By your own NK theory, you should've been target #1 if Crusher was scum

Maybe so, but I'd also be target #1 for protection. And considering how rapidly the scum team has been losing members the last thing they'd want is miss a NK.

Maybe so, but I'd also be target #1 for protection. And considering how rapidly the scum team has been losing members the last thing they'd want is miss a NK.

You'd be a distant #2, I'd have assumed doc would self protect. I would've in that spot, your alignment is unknown, you could be scum or some kind of third party

He didn't vote for Lizzie at any point.

This this is why you are frustrating me here.    You say Im not scum hunting but that is exactly what I was doing with Lizzie.  I made my points and let others react to him.  I was very clear I did not like his play and felt regardless of his alignment he would not be lost if killed.  I then waited to see others react.  

JC felt so strongly about Nyn that he protected her?  Defies all logic but I guess...  a team with Nolder and Lizzie is so gimped to begin with I'd hate to be that 3rd person.

Leelou is starting to slip up a bit but I want to see some more posts.

I think CTM, Crush, and JC are fine...

Betcha it's gonna be Leelou but I want to see her crawl around for awhile.

he didn't?

will have to double check that but..  even still

You are suggesting he was afraid to bus teammate #1, but then helped lead the charge day 2 on teammate #2?

Not sure

Yeah right.  I can barely tolerate him in a game.  He tanks as scum and I dont bus him as soon as I can?  Crazy talk. 

JC felt so strongly about Nyn that he protected her?  Defies all logic but I guess...  a team with Nolder and Lizzie is so gimped to begin with I'd hate to be that 3rd person.

Leelou is starting to slip up a bit but I want to see some more posts.

I think CTM, Crush, and JC are fine...

Betcha it's gonna be Leelou but I want to see her crawl around for awhile.

I felt Nyn was the best bet for scum to NK...still not convinced of alignment.  This is why my board is slightly tilted.

If I was scum I would have shot you instead of Verbal.  Both annoy me and glad to see either dead.  But you as a double voter would have been the kill I make.  Just the way it is.  

They should have shot you night 1 when the Doc still would have been in self preservation mode.  Their stupidity cost them your double vote on both lynches and perhaps a final indignity if you decide to vote Leelou. 

Archived