Jets to remain in Florham Park

DaBallhawk

Unless Woody invests $$$ in bleachers, Florham Park is not fan friendly for watching

practice.  Yes it's local but that wears off quickly when you're standing around all day

They are planning on adding bleachers I believe.

Dont know how they are going to add bleachers with the configuration of fields on the 2 accessible  sides you are in a drainage ditch very close to the road. 

Great news though 20 minutes from my house looking forward to attending as many practices as I can. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlantic Health as currently designed, can not accommodate more than a very small crowd. A couple of hundred. They will need to make some radical changes to the grounds.

Totally disagree. They already use the empty field next door for parking. And hopefully they are adding the bleachers, once they do they can comfortably accommodate thousands of fans each day.

Dont know how they are going to add bleachers with the configuration of fields on the 2 accessible  sides you are in a drainage ditch very close to the road. 

Great news though 20 minutes from my house looking forward to attending as many practices as I can. 

When you walk out of the Jets building, the side where the gym is ... the turf field is right there. They don't use that field a lot, they like to practice on the grass fields. The first field, the main one they use, has space right next to it that is open. They can add bleachers right there.

Totally disagree. They already use the empty field next door for parking. And hopefully they are adding the bleachers, once they do they can comfortably accommodate thousands of fans each day.

Where will they install bleachers there isn't any room for them to do it. 

good for the fans, comfortable for the players and coaches.

But I wonder if team unity and camaraderie will suffer with the players having constant access to their families and the distractions of the NYC metro area?

That is why I like having the facility where it is. It is out of the way, but in a nice area. If they were practicing right next to the stadium, I would be afraid that the players would head into NYC with practice the next morning. That could be bad.

When you walk out of the Jets building, the side where the gym is ... the turf field is right there. They don't use that field a lot, they like to practice on the grass fields. The first field, the main one they use, has space right next to it that is open. They can add bleachers right there.

Only if they install bleachers on the 1 grass field and surrender the field. 

Where will they install bleachers there isn't any room for them to do it. 

I believe they will install them right where there is room for them lol. There is an open space next to the first grass field.

But I wonder if team unity and camaraderie will suffer with the players having constant access to their families and the distractions of the NYC metro area?

I agree at first but it really hasn't made a difference being in Cortland the last couple of years.

I believe they will install them right where there is room for them lol. There is an open space next to the first grass field.

Disagree there isn't all that much room for stadium bleachers if you mean possibly small sets of bleachers like 6 rows then maybe. 

The are some great places to eat in the Morristown area when attending camp I've heard any all suggestions would be welcome this year id like to explore the area further and leave the bologna sandwich at home. 

Forunately I know this area very well since my son goes to school there. Also, I like to eat lol.

So I will be putting together a guide to training camp. We are up there all the time taking my son out to eat after his football games. Morristown, Madison, Florham Park....so many good places to eat up there.

Forunately I know this area very well since my son goes to school there. Also, I like to eat lol.

So I will be putting together a guide to training camp. We are up there all the time taking my son out to eat after his football games. Morristown, Madison, Florham Park....so many good places to eat up there.

Thanks a lot that will enhance the trip.

What would be nice is if they did an actual upgrade and there were bleachers from end zone to end zone, like they had at Hofstra. They would need to make other changes for the, the road to the parking lot is in the way. I don't see them doing anything like that before July.

So I guess I am in the camp that is hoping there is a nice bleacher alternative. Because I would like to go often.

You buy the beer and hand out free t-shirts and stickers in the lot let me know the day and time. 

Awesome!

And looking at the map that JoeC just posted, Field One looks to be the best place for the bleachers. That still gives them two grass fields and one turf field. And they are really close to the facility.  I think field one could become bleachers, that would be the path of least resistance...don't have to do much in the way of improvements to make that happen.

I know the camp schedule usually comes out in July, definitely interested in seeing what the schedule looks like with a new coaching staff. Can't wait for Jets football.

This is the best decision the Jets have made in years. It's easy to get to. I have been there to see training camp in past seasons. It's a state of the art facility. The Jets are technically NJ's team because are now going to hold training camp, practice during the season and play in a stadium all located in the garden state. I'm surprised the name hasn't been changed to NJ yet for both Jets & Giants. I guess they get more revenue through using NY. It would make geographic sense if both teams changed to NJ Jets and Giants. Maybe someday that will happen.

Both Giants and Jets do infact train in NJ now which should hopefully convince them to make them NJ named teams.

Florham Park seems like it was the plan all along. Then Rex said he wanted to go away for camp.

I know people want it in Long Island. But doing camp at home will actually be a selling point for the players in future years. And bigger crowds should mean the practices are filled with energy.

Not to mention this must save Woody a small fortune... food, lodging, paying off the police to not give breath-a-lizer to Rex. Security, etc.

Not to mention this must save Woody a small fortune... food, lodging, paying off the police to not give breath-a-lizer to Rex. Security, etc.

I never really thought about the cost savings, I guess that makes sense. Just seems like a good idea to practice where they have their nicest facility.

And close to me.

Both of those things make sense.  :)

I never really thought about the cost savings, I guess that makes sense. Just seems like a good idea to practice where they have their nicest facility.

And close to me.

Both of those things make sense.   :)

That's why I'm here Max.....I complete you!

Since Woody just sold his 5th Ave. Penthouse for $77 million..... the Florham Park savings probably didn't even cross his mind!!

Dont NFL camps have lights out policies?

That's why I'm here Max.....I complete you!

Since Woody just sold his 5th Ave. Penthouse for $77 million..... the Florham Park savings probably didn't even cross his mind!!

By nature I tend to be very incomplete. So I appreciate the help. :)

I've attended nearly every open practice and events there. The main practice fields are elevated on a berm. There is a very small bleacher there now and about six feet of space between the drop and the fence. Most of the perimeter to the fields can only accommodate about two or three deep.

They will need to elevate the surrounding areas to those fields and widen them to avoid people falling down the hill. It was not designed for thousands of fans to view. The open practices that they have had to date have been uncomfortable for the fans who were not there early enough to line up along the fence.

The entire area immediately around the practice fields needs to be changed. It was impossible for young kids to see anything unless they were right on the fence. Last year they roped off a small patch for children only, which was very much appreciated. To make it suitable, much work needs to be done. Parking not an issue.

I've attended nearly every open practice and events there. The main practice fields are elevated on a berm. There is a very small bleacher there now and about six feet of space between the drop and the fence. Most of the perimeter to the fields can only accommodate about two or three deep.

They will need to elevate the surrounding areas to those fields and widen them to avoid people falling down the hill. It was not designed for thousands of fans to view. The open practices that they have had to date have been uncomfortable for the fans who were not there early enough to line up along the fence.

The entire area immediately around the practice fields needs to be changed. It was impossible for young kids to see anything unless they were right on the fence. Last year they roped off a small patch for children only, which was very much appreciated. To make it suitable, much work needs to be done. Parking not an issue.

They can't change much theres drainage and a road in the area you are talking about. 

I dont think those fields are lighted either so no "family night" as well.

Archived