How Much is Mo Wilk Worth?

AFJF

Simple question based on him missing yesterday's session.  People want him to stay with the Jets and the Jets want him to stay.

None of us know what he's asking for or what they're offering him.

If you could make the call, what's fair and what's "too much...see ya' later" territory?

6/$72M $40M guaranteed.  :)

I am thinking similar to this as well.  Mo is a tough, durable guy, so I don't mind a lot of guaranteed $ combined with $12 million per year.  Front-load it however, because they're gonna have to pay Sheldon too and the Suh contract really makes that market interesting.

5 years - 60 million (32 guaranteed)

We are pretty close.  I think they will need to do something to make it seem bigger - which is why I tacked the years on compared to Quinn.  I would expect at least 3 years worth guaranteed.  We also should note that they may roll this year into it since he is already making decent coin. 

Should land at 9 mil a year or so with 30-35 guaranteed.

I would hang up in your face.

I am thinking similar to this as well.  Mo is a tough, durable guy, so I don't mind a lot of guaranteed $ combined with $12 million per year.  Front-load it however, because they're gonna have to pay Sheldon too and the Suh contract really makes that market interesting.

Suh is a DT and a 3 time All Pro, Mo hasn't even made a Pro Bowl..

I love Mo.

He is not worth $12M/year

His stats, lack of vocality, and CLEARLY NOT even close to the production or accolades of his draft class (Watt, Robert Quinn, Marcell Dareus, Ryan Kerrigan, Jordan Cameron). ALL those DEs alone are superior to Mo thus far.

Mo ain't worth what he thinks he is, and his draft peers prove that accordingly and most obviously.

To resign Wilkerson for about 10 mil a year would be ideal, although I think it'll be more like 6yr/65mil with 33 guaranteed. I have a feeling we're trying to get him for less than 10 right now which is why the talks are at a deadlock... Big Mac probably wants to see if we have the funds left to give him what he wants post draft.

To resign Wilkerson for about 10 mil a year would be ideal, although I think it'll be more like 6yr/65mil with 33 guaranteed. I have a feeling we're trying to get him for less than 10 right now which is why the talks are at a deadlock... Big Mac probably wants to see if we have the funds left to give him what he wants post draft.

Or to use as trade bait for some unseen opportunity that may happen during the draft. 

I'm always a fan of when people ask these questions in bars:

"So what would YOU give Wilkerson? I would give him..."

"You know, it's 1 in the afternoon, you're already having drinks and I'm serving them to you. Perhaps we're not the guys who are going to solve this one."

worst case scenario they let him test the market during the legal tampering window next off season to deflate his false valuation and re-sign him or they just draft a guy to replace him 

I aint sweatin mo at all

I love Mo.

He is not worth $12M/year

His stats, lack of vocality, and CLEARLY NOT even close to the production or accolades of his draft class (Watt, Robert Quinn, Marcell Dareus, Ryan Kerrigan, Jordan Cameron). ALL those DEs alone are superior to Mo thus far.

Mo ain't worth what he thinks he is, and his draft peers prove that accordingly and most obviously.

On point. He's a very good player but below Watt who also plays a 3-4 end. He's also someone I could see as a draft day trade...

On point. He's a very good player but below Watt who also plays a 3-4 end. He's also someone I could see as a draft day trade...

There is a lot of wiggle room between below Watt "and CLEARLY NOT even close to the production or accolades of his draft class (Watt, Robert Quinn, Marcell Dareus, Ryan Kerrigan, Jordan Cameron)"

Archived