NY Jets Rumors: Mike Glennon Trade Option

flgreen

Yeah but he had Vincent Jackson didn't he?  And Jackson was considerably better than anyone Geno his first year.   Even if he only had Evans and Jackson for  3 games that is still 3 games with two # 1 caliber receivers.   I don't see we can over look that.  In watching the film Villian posted Glennon makes some nice throws but his receivers make some outstanding grabs as well.  There was NOBODY on the Jets capable of making some of the catches I saw Evans make.   If Glennon was on the Jets throwing to the likes of Stephen Hill and the rest of those scrubs his first year I wonder how his stats would have looked.   I give credit for Glennon being better prepared coming out of College then Geno and yet he still had a chance to sit and watch for almost half the season.    Geno, who wasn't nearly as polished, was starting from day one; any wonder he struggled his first two years?   

This is true. In the two years worth of games that I've seen on Mike Glennon I seen, in particular Vincent Jackson make just some ridiculous catches...highlight catches at that. With that said however, Vincent Jackson,  Mike Evans and the other WR's had some real mind-numbing drops. Im talking 5 drops, 7 drops all in a game. Here's an example this past season against the Steelers.

After a penalty on the offensive line Vincent Jackson drops a pass that hit him right in the stomach on 1st and 20. 

Vincent%20Jackson%20Drop%202.gif

Mike Evans drops ball on simple slant route on 2nd and 14.

Mike%20Evans%20Drop%201.gif

Vincent Drops a 9 yard pass on 1st and 10.

Vincent%20Jackson%20Drop%201.gif

Wright drops a game tying TD in the back of the end zone in the 4th qtr.

TD%20Drop.gif

1st and 10, Fullback drops the pass

More%20Drops.gif

2nd and 10 (Same Drive) WR drops a 12 yard pass right in the hands. 

drop%20pass%202nd%20and%2010.gif

3rd and 10 (Same drive) Vincent Jackson catches the ball but fumbles (refs review and reverse the fumble as down by contact)

Jackson%201st%20down.gif

Glennon ended the game completing 21 of 42 for 302 yards and a 50% completion rate, but there were at least 7 drops that I counted in his game including a TD. There was one drive where Glennon had drops on 1st down, 2nd down and on 3rd and long Vincent Jackson makes the grab but fumbles the ball, when under review the refs called him down by contact right before he fumbled. 

Now, after all of this the Bucs are down by 4 points with 30 seconds to go with no timeouts and this is how Mike Glennon finishes the game. 

superb%201.gif

Mike Glennon with 12 seconds left in the game. 

Vincent%20Jackson%20ending%20TD.gif

Whats crazy here is that the people who haven't watched the game will only go to his stats and notice that he only completed 50% of his passes this game, never realizing that 7 passes were dropped including a TD. These drops are total drive killers, yet the stat line wont show you that, it'll simply say that Glennon only completed half of his passes, and when your WR's are Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans then obviously it has to be the no-name QB's fault to most people. What I also noticed about Glennon is that he doesnt get flustered or upset at his teammates. The guy brushes off his jersey, gets back into the huddle and makes sh*t happen. The kid has something special. 

EDIT: Also look at Glennon's passes, dude throws darts. Super accurate. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt say that they were going in with Vick. I simply gave you the FA players available. I dont know why you figure that this is such strong delusion when this is a team that will most likely draft a QB #1 when they dont even need one. 

why haven't the bucs signed any of those scrubs ? maybe because the plan is to draft winston and keep glennon ?

why haven't the bucs signed any of those scrubs ? maybe because the plan is to draft winston and keep glennon ?

That could be the plan. I never said it wasnt. I have always said that we would have to give something very enticing to get Glennon. A 4th rounder wont do it. I high 3rd rounder would because you could get a starting Olineman like a Tomlinson from Duke or Cann from South Carolina possibly in the 3rd round. 

What do you think the Bucs would rather have, a much more solid offensive line that will protect their new #1 QB or that sh*tty line getting their new #1 QB blown up in the back field with a nice #2 QB in Glennon that they will most likely need because Winston is somewhere on the field laid out on his back? 

You have to negotiate something that makes sense to both parties my friend. 

I didnt say that they were going in with Vick. I simply gave you the FA players available. I dont know why you figure that this is such strong delusion when this is a team that will most likely draft a QB #1 when they dont even need one.

I don't know what it is.. But you are starting to convince me of Glennon.

That could be the plan. I never said it wasnt. I have always said that we would have to give something very enticing to get Glennon. A 4th rounder wont do it. I high 3rd rounder would because you could get a starting Olineman like a Tomlinson from Duke or Cann from South Carolina possibly in the 3rd round. 

What do you think the Bucs would rather have, a much more solid offensive line that will protect their new #1 QB or that sh*tty line getting their new #1 QB blown up in the back field with a nice #2 QB in Glennon that they will most likely need because Winston is somewhere on the field laid out on his back? 

the bucs need a QB in return.  They will not draft winston and then sign some scrub off of the scrap heap.  The jets don't have the ammo bro.  The bucs won't take geno and a pick or hell even harvard and a pick.  The bucs have a nice QB situation, they aren't going to screw it up for a 4th round pick

if you think about it, you are making a stronger case for why the bucs should keep glennon and laugh at any trade offer

Relax. Your talking to a bunch of guys who think Jake locker and Brian Hoyer are good football players and now want to try out mariota as a drop back qb in new york. You're not exactly having a discussion with Jimmy Johnson

the bucs need a QB in return.  They will not draft winston and then sign some scrub off of the scrap heap.  The jets don't have the ammo bro.  The bucs won't take geno and a pick or hell even harvard and a pick.  The bucs have a nice QB situation, they aren't going to screw it up for a 4th round pick

if you think about it, you are making a stronger case for why the bucs should keep glennon and laugh at any trade offer

I never said a 4th round pick. Look, we can use every excuse in the world why the Bucs wont trade a guy that they obviously never want on the field. We probably wont get him. My sole purpose here is to simply express my opinion that I believe that Mike Glennon has what it takes to be a Franchise QB. If someone important in the Jets organization believes the same then I believe that they can come up with something to get their man. 

If not, then Glennon wont be a Jet. What can I do about it? You're posing these scenarios as if I have the power to do something about it. I totally understand what you're saying, but what am I to say to it? I believe that I am making a strong case why the Bucs should keep Glennon, sh*t, Im making a strong enough case for the Bucs to trade out of the first spot and rack up on draft picks and really build that oline. 

You can go back the past two months and you'll see that I've said clear as day that Mike Glennon isn't the Bucs problem, and Jameis Winston wont fix the problem either because the problem isn't at quarterback, its at offensive line (across the board) defensive end, cornerback and safety. Oh, and poor coaching. 

I never said a 4th round pick. Look, we can use every excuse in the world why the Bucs wont trade a guy that they obviously never want on the field. We probably wont get him. My sole purpose here is to simply express my opinion that I believe that Mike Glennon has what it takes to be a Franchise QB. If someone important in the Jets organization believes the same then I believe that they can come up with something to get their man. 

If not, then Glennon wont be a Jet. What can I do about it? You're posing these scenarios as if I have the power to do something about it. I totally understand what you're saying, but what am I to say to it? I believe that I am making a strong case why the Bucs should keep Glennon, sh*t, Im making a strong enough case for the Bucs to trade out of the first spot and rack up on draft picks and really build that oline. 

You can go back the past two months and you'll see that I've said clear as day that Mike Glennon isn't the Bucs problem, and Jameis Winston wont fix the problem either because the problem isn't at quarterback, its at offensive line (across the board) defensive end, cornerback and safety. Oh, and poor coaching. 

glennon is a good young QB.  I would love to have him on the jets as long as they don't trade too high of pick and give him a stupid contract to get him.  I just see you obsessing and I wonder why  

This is true. In the two years worth of games that I've seen on Mike Glennon I seen, in particular Vincent Jackson make just some ridiculous catches...highlight catches at that. With that said however, Vincent Jackson,  Mike Evans and the other WR's had some real mind-numbing drops. Im talking 5 drops, 7 drops all in a game. Here's an example this past season against the Steelers.

After a penalty on the offensive line Vincent Jackson drops a pass that hit him right in the stomach on 1st and 20. 

TD%20Drop.gif

More%20Drops.gif

3rd and 10 (Same drive) Vincent Jackson catches the ball but fumbles (refs review and reverse the fumble as down by contact)

Jackson%201st%20down.gif

Glennon ended the game completing 21 of 42 for 302 yards and a 50% completion rate, but there were at least 7 drops that I counted in his game including a TD. There was one drive where Glennon had drops on 1st down, 2nd down and on 3rd and long Vincent Jackson makes the grab but fumbles the ball, when under review the refs called him down by contact right before he fumbled. 

Now, after all of this the Bucs are down by 4 points with 30 seconds to go with no timeouts and this is how Mike Glennon finishes the game. 

superb%201.gif

Whats crazy here is that the people who haven't watched the game will only go to his stats and notice that he only completed 50% of his passes this game, never realizing that 7 passes were dropped including a TD. These drops are total drive killers, yet the stat line wont show you that, it'll simply say that Glennon only completed half of his passes, and when your WR's are Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans then obviously it has to be the no-name QB's fault to most people. What I also noticed about Glennon is that he doesnt get flustered or upset at his teammates. The guy brushes off his jersey, gets back into the huddle and makes sh*t happen. The kid has something special. 

Several of those espcially the first 2 are lousy throws. 

glennon is a good young QB.  I would love to have him on the jets as long as they don't trade too high of pick and give him a stupid contract to get him.  I just see you obsessing and I wonder why  

Because I stopped obsessing over the mediocrity that the Jets love to put on the field. There must be people in the world that also wonder why the Jets have fans. 

Its just "one of those questions" you know!  :winking0001:

Because I stopped obsessing over the mediocrity that the Jets love to put on the field. There must be people in the world that also wonder why the Jets have fans. 

Its just "one of those questions" you know!  :winking0001:

the jets have fans because some people just hate themselves and feel they deserve misery, lol

yeah I guess if the jets are going to draft a qb with the 4th why not bring Glennon im in and love the avatar lol

I am on board with Glennon for a 4th as well. I am just not ready to throw in the towel on Geno Smith. I think he has a lot of talent but was rushed into action before he was ready.   Let them fight it out in camp. 

Now you're just back pedaling and overrating the sh-t out of Vincent Jackson. Nice player he's not even a top 10 receiver. He and Decker are interchangeable.

Last year Glennon was productive with Louis friggin Murphy, a guy the bucs literally got off the street, as his #2 WR.

And yes, Glennon is absolutely a better player than Geno and I'm called a Geno apologist.

So now Vincent Jackson is a bum? lol I would love to have had him instead of Stephen ******* Hill and the rest of those clowns.  Last year Greg Salas, Hakim Salim, Decker was hurt and Harvin came in mid season.   Geno is more mobile than Glennon and his arm is almost as strong and he can make all the throws; the major difference in the two is Glennon played in a more pro style offense coming out of college and had the opportunity to sit most of his first year.  I have already said I have no problem with trading for him for a 4th and letting them fight it out in camp.  Glennon has definitely put up better numbers; no one is questioning that but everything is not black and white and stats doesn't tell the whole story.

TD%20Drop.gif

More%20Drops.gif

Jackson%201st%20down.gif

superb%201.gif

Lol they are still better than anything the Jets trotted out on the field for most of the last two seasons (Decker was hobbled most of the season; Harvin came in late last year).  I don't have time to cut and paste all the videos of guys not running the correct routes, not selling out to make the catch, dropping balls all over the field etc over the last two years so forgive me if I don't really care if Glennon had some passes dropped on him.  I mean don't you remember Stephen Hill????   

Lol they are still better than anything the Jets trotted out on the field for most of the last two seasons (Decker was hobbled most of the season; Harvin came in late last year).  I don't have time to cut and paste all the videos of guys not running the correct routes, not selling out to make the catch, dropping balls all over the field etc over the last two year so forgive me if I don't really care if Glennon had some passes dropped on him.  I mean don't you remember Stephen Hill????   

You're right, the WR's were better than what the Jets had, as well as the Bucs QB. Yeah, I remember Stephen Hill. You know what I also remember? The Bucs being 12th in the league in dropped passes and the Jets being 22nd. You do have time, you're just taking the latter and deciding suddenly not to care as soon as the GIF's come out. lol.

And I do remember Stephen Hill, the problem is you remember Stephen Hill and not Jackson and Evans because you haven't actually watched the games, you just play popularity with the WR names and assume sh*t. If you dont have the time, then dont argue the subject. Cut and paste GIFs to support your point, or maybe I can cut and paste some of that Geno awesomeness for you. Then again, I have to remember that im dealing with a guy who talks about "guru's" and wont look at things for himself lol. 

Yeah, I remember Stephen Hill. You know what I also remember? The Bucs being 12th in the league in dropped passes and the Jets being 22nd. You do have time, you're just taking the latter and deciding suddenly not to care as soon as the GIF's come out. lol.

And I do remember Stephen Hill, the problem is you remember Stephen Hill and not Jackson and Evans because you haven't actually watched the games, you just play popularity with the names and assume sh*t. If you dont have the time, then dont argue the subject. Cut and paste GIFs to support your point, or maybe I can cut and paste some of that Geno awesomeness for you. Then again, I have to remember that im dealing with a guy who talks about "guru's" and wont look at things for himself lol. 

I guess I must have hit a nerve because I am not sucking Glennons nut sack like you are.  Vincent Jackson would have been the best receiver BY FAR on the Jets in 2013. Only a fool would argue this. I don't need to post a dozen gifs to prove it.   Stephen Hill couldn't even make the team last year; Mike Evans would have been rookie of the year if it wasn't for OBJ.  The guy was still a rookie and dropped a few passes; he also made some absolutely incredible catches as well.   I have seen some Tampa games so you don't know what the **** you are talking about.   Glennon is not the first or last qb to have receivers drop passes on him so get over it.  I think the majority of teams in the NFL would have no problem with lining up Jackson and Evans every week, dropped passes and all. 

I have already said I have no problem with trading for this dude so I don't know what else you want me to say.  Yet you refuse to acknowledge the sh*t Geno had to work with for most of his career yet point to receivers dropping passes on Glennon?   Seriously man, this man crush you have is starting to get a little creepy. 

I guess I must have hit a nerve because I am not sucking Glennons nut sack like you are.  Vincent Jackson would have been the best receiver BY FAR on the Jets in 2013. Only a fool would argue this. I don't need to post a dozen gifs to prove it.   Stephen Hill couldn't even make the team last year; Mike Evans would have been rookie of the year if it wasn't for OBJ.  The guy was still a rookie and dropped a few passes; he also made some absolutely incredible catches as well.   I have seen some Tampa games so you don't know what the **** you are talking about.   Glennon is not the first or last qb to have receivers drop passes on him so get over it.  I think the majority of teams in the NFL would have no problem with lining up Jackson and Evans every week, dropped passes and all. 

I have already said I have no problem with trading for this dude so I don't know what else you want me to say.  Yet you refuse to acknowledge the sh*t Geno had to work with for most of his career yet point to receivers dropping passes on Glennon?   Seriously man, this man crush you have is starting to get a little creepy. 

Its obvious that it is I that hit a nerve bro. lol. 

Then stop going to guru's and talking about players that you haven't seen lol. 

(So I did hit a nerve lol. Im sorry son.)

What are you talking about?  What gurus are you refering to???  The only nerve you hit is you acting like you are so superior in your knowledge when you aren't.  You are simply posting gifs to support your argument and to tell you the truth it is making you myopic.   I come into this thread agreeing that Glennon would be a good piece to trade for but because I am not in agreement with every point you make, you feel you can belittle my opinion?   I am done; continue your Glennon ass kissing. Later. 

What are you talking about?  What gurus are you refering to???  The only nerve you hit is you acting like you are so superior in your knowledge when you aren't.  You are simply posting gifs to support your argument and to tell you the truth it is making you myopic.   I come into this thread agreeing that Glennon would be a good piece to trade for but because I am not in agreement with every point you make, you feel you can belittle my opinion?   I am done; continue your Glennon ass kissing. Later. 

In order for you to leave a topic right, the best way for you to do it is in fact to leave the topic alone. Personally, I dont want you to. I enjoy forums for moments like this. Now, I do believe that im knowledgeable in regards to the topics that I stand behind. I wouldnt call it superior, but I would call it "more knowledgeable than others who'd rather refer to peoples nuts than supporting their position with info". Here's your guru comment when you were talking about a Williams being "allegedly" the best player in the draft.

That has been the consensus of just about every draft guru out there.  He has been projected to go either 2 or 3 on almost every mock I have seen and the only reason he isn't projected number 1 overall is because of the quarterbacks. 

Remember, you were the guy who didnt look at a guy, but took advice of others. Remember what my response was? 

"Draft guru"???? Those are like unicorns brother. Not real. 

"what have YOU seen from him that gives you the indication that he is what you say he is"? Im not talking about what the talking heads have told us. 

I want to know what you've seen that supports your position. If you can't give me that then how do you expect me or anyone to respect your position if you've not even looked to see for yourself why you believe what you believe? 

You said yourself that you barely watched him, yet proclaimed status based on others. My position on Glennon is based on "me". Now you take this as me acting superior, no, its me acting like I actually looked at the guy and Im supporting my position with GIF's which I learned how to do just to support my position. 

Your rebuttal was:

I guess I must have hit a nerve because I am not sucking Glennons nut sack like you are.

And I took this with laughter behind my keyboard. Look, Lets disagree okay. Im not belittling you, im solidifying my position thats all. I can't belittle someone without touching a nerve...and I know you're bigger than letting me get you so tight like that. 

Now, this is your time to leave it alone. I like our convo so if you respond expect me to. If you dont want to talk about my sucking of mens bodily parts, then Im in complete agreement because thats not really kosher. However, if you like to continue then please understand that I will do stuff like this: 

Please show me passes like this that Geno has completed against #1 type defenses. And if you like to challenge it then I will provide GIF's of Geno taking 10 and 15 yard sacks in these areas of the field consistently. sh*t, I could do GIFs of Glennon throwing the ball away and not knocking the offense out of field goal range with ridiculous sacks like we've seen Geno consistently do in his 30+ games. And that has nothing to do with his WR's, that has to do with QB decision making. This is what it looks like when a QB keeps his eyes down the field. 

2015-04-11%2017_38_01.gif

2015-04-11%2017_41_18.gif

2015-04-11%2017_32_05.gif

Or threading it between 3 defenders while watching his "ALL WORLD" WR drop the pass. (Some other poster, not you, will say that this was a lousy pass lol)

2015-04-11%2017_23_45.gif

Now lets be friends, we can disagree without you referring to homosexual acts because you're frustrated. That only lets me know that you can't defend your position, it doesnt actually bother me. :-)

Dude threads the needle my friend. Geno doesnt. Thats the QB doing that, not Evans or Jackson. 

Glennon%20TD%20reversed.gif

I don't know if it's just me or the video, but it seems like Glennon has a sort of funky slow release. Anyone else seeing this? I like the idea of a big QB though with a big arm. For a 4th I'd do it.

His wind up isn't the fastest. Nothing that would be reminiscent of Dan Marino. What I will say is, dude is accurate with his passes. 

I don't know if it's just me or the video, but it seems like Glennon has a sort of funky slow release. Anyone else seeing this? I like the idea of a big QB though with a big arm. For a 4th I'd do it.

I would definitely do it for a 4th. Chances are its 2nd ..maybe 3rd that would do it. But they need a solid back up and we don't have the depth at QB to make up for it.

Archived