How about this Rapoport rumor?

Dcat

In his defense, his offensive coordinator was Brian Schottenheimer. He was probably busy running 7 yard curl routes on 3rd and 8. 

Exactly. Add to that his QB situation was carousel like with Bradford being hurt all the time.

How do you think this plays into the Glennon thought process? Is this really a vote of confidence for Geno? Or does it mean nothing in that dept?

I have a feeling that Bowles doesnt play the "vote of confidence" card. I think he's a man that is concerned about performance/production and is a self motivator type. If Geno wants the job he better go get it or someone else will...and Bowles/Macc will make sure of it. 

I also dont think that Bowles/Macc will jump out the window and trade up because this is their first ever draft. They need to hit here, which is another reason why I feel that taking Peat and possibly trading D'Brick, a 3rd rounder, or packaging Wilkerson for a Bucs package would be a best bet. If we take a QB in the first then this entire front office will be tied to him at the hip. 

You trade for Glennon and add more competition at that position, at worst things dont work out and you can still draft a QB in the future while and moving the franchise along. 

This would clearly be a vote for geno, so we can execute bubble screens to Austin and cut down on actually making him use his slow reads.

This would also be horrific, more geno, drafting an average lineman, Austin instead of drafting a stud wr, and a pick that might be worse then a third

I have a feeling that Bowles doesnt play the "vote of confidence" card. I think he's a man that is concerned about performance/production and is a self motivator type. If Geno wants the job he better go get it or someone else will...and Bowles/Macc will make sure of it. 

I also dont think that Bowles/Macc will jump out the window and trade up because this is their first ever draft. They need to hit here, which is another reason why I feel that taking Peat and possibly trading D'Brick, a 3rd rounder, or packaging Wilkerson for a Bucs package would be a best bet. If we take a QB in the first then this entire front office will be tied to him at the hip. 

You trade for Glennon and add more competition at that position, at worst things dont work out and you can still draft a QB in the future while and moving the franchise along. 

Makes sense. It may be tough to trade a 6th and a 3rd for two QB's in the same offseason especially if both don't end up playing.  But I get it. This is shaping up to be an interesting night man.  :wild:

Makes sense. It may be tough to trade a 6th and a 3rd for two QB's in the same offseason especially if both don't end up playing.  But I get it. This is shaping up to be an interesting night man.  :wild:

I think so. I doubt anything I say will happen, but what I do think is that this front office understands that they're playing chess and not checkers. We're not going to draft defense in the 1st round 6 years in a row just because our coach is who he is. I think these guys will make decisions tonight not just for this season, but for future seasons. If they can do that and hit then I'll be more than happy with that.

I seriously want them to get Glennon though, I think it would be a mistake if they didnt. 

I think so. I doubt anything I say will happen, but what I do think is that this front office understands that they're playing chess and not checkers. We're not going to draft defense in the 1st round 6 years in a row just because our coach is who he is. I think these guys will make decisions tonight not just for this season, but for future seasons. If they can do that and hit then I'll be more than happy with that.

I seriously want them to get Glennon though, I think it would be a mistake if they didnt. 

I agree about the front office. TOnight will be a god gauge of what we have I think. 

Archived