Rex at it again! Needs to sit down w/ Oprah and Dr. Phil.

32EBoozer

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your on there please lurk only , they apparently hunt down Rex bashers with torches and clubs.

Correction: They will hunt down bashers to any Buffalo Bills' team member,  the coach, owners,  you name it,  they'll crunch you.

I think the discipline thing is overblown because it's such an easy knock on Rex. It's not like hard asses win and players' coaches lose. In the league today, there are probably more coaches on the player friendly side. The disciplinarian act gets old real fast if -as Dom is saying- the coach doesn't put the players in position to be successful on the field. Respect from the players comes from their faith in the coach's abilities, not from that coach's ability to crack the whip.

Rex's real failure was never developing into a complete head coach. Seeing what's going on in Buffalo, it looks like nothing has changed in that respect. I don't think he should've taken that job, but I guess he had 26.5M reasons to ignore my advice.

Keep that complaint warm, because your brand new head coach took one look at the CBs Rex had to work with last year and signed the gold-plated CBs Rex had a couple years before. Plus a new (hopefully better) slot guy. It's not just Rex, CB is a critical position in today's NFL.

And as Parcells used to say, you are what your record says you are. You make your own luck, you create your own opportunities. He coached his ass off in 2013 and won more games than the talent he had to work with ever should've. There are plenty of valid criticisms of Rex, but the coaching job he did in 2013 is tough to criticize.

With 'decent' corners in 2013 the pass defense was atrocious.  Last year, after failing to develop any psquad corners at all he exposed these lousy cbs and utterly failed to adjust his defense until the team was a whopping 1-10 or whatever they were.  The 2013 8-8 record was just a massive aberration, two total fluke wins and getting blown out in almost all losses.

Rex is just like his twin brother and almost any other D coach, give them great personnel and they can look good.  give them less and they flounder.  Wgich leads to the question, why is he labelled such a great D coach and guru if he can't win without a stacked defense?

As I've said before Buffalo was by FAR the best place for him to land.  A stacked defense and who cares about the offense.  I would have loved to see him go to a team like Atlanta with a good offense and really lousy D personell.

That team had 3-4 win talent period with the rookie QB not ready to start, crap like Salas, Nelson, Winslow and Cribbs starting along with Kellen Winslow.....rookie CB, injured Cro, etc.

The Saints game was a hell of a coaching job, completed passes total like 8 yards in the air that game yet we still won, Atlanta game was another big one and the Pats win too. It doesn't matter that we won on the last play of some of those games....we weren't even supposed to be within a play of winning those games to begin with.

You can not like Rex all you want and point out all his deficiencies, and that's fine, but don't discredit one hell of a coaching job he pulled off along with his staff in 2013.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Uh yes I can and I will. As usual any bit of success this team has had during rexs tenure and praise his heaped all over him.  Any poor performance and he is not to blame at all.  His 'great' coaching job allowed an ungodly number of long td scores that year.

Uh yes I can and I will. As usual any bit of success this team has had during rexs tenure and praise his heaped all over him. Any poor performance and he is not to blame at all. His 'great' coaching job allowed an ungodly number of long td scores that year.

Well of course you can....I meant any objective, logical point couldn't be made to discredit the coaching job done in 13 with that joke of a roster.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I like Rex, but the staff he's put together in Buffalo makes it look like he hasn't learned much from his first head coaching job.

Some of the Bills Mafia members are complaining about the players/coaches brought over from the Jets.  They say we are beginning to look like the NY Jets.  I'll hold off judgment until November.

I like Rex, but the staff he's put together in Buffalo makes it look like he hasn't learned much from his first head coaching job.

He's doing a lot of things that make you think he hasn't learned...that's a good thing though.  Lots of great coaches got fired from their first gig and made the necessary adjustments to get to that next level.  I don't want to see that from Rex now that he's in the division.  Let him keep making the same mistakes that stopped him from succeeding here.

Well,  I met A LOT of nice posters here and only one or two that are mean, mean people.  This thread was started about Rex Ryan.  However,  it seems that if someone says anything positive about Rex or his team,  a poster or maybe 2 want to take their toys and go home.  

Well, I met A LOT of nice posters here and only one or two that are mean, mean people. This thread was started about Rex Ryan. However, it seems that if someone says anything positive about Rex or his team, a poster or maybe 2 want to take their toys and go home.

Integrity28 is a 5'7" bald man with very thick glasses.

Integrity28 is a 5'7" bald man with very thick glasses.

I enjoy talking about Rex Ryan but when we do,  sometimes there is positive news about him and his team.    I like you Tom.  You are direct and to the point but not mean.

Archived