The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retired, one sub-par year in Arizona then retired, retired, two seasons sub-4 ypc on a team where Jamaal Charles was ripping it up.  Hell, he was outplayed by Jackie Battle.  No argument that he got the correct replacements - though the guys you mentioned replaced Chansi Stuckey/David Clowney, Braylon Edwards, Lito Shepherd and Brad Smith.  I guess you could add Cotchery to the bad cut list, but that was at his request.  I agree that they did not add the right players and more importantly, added players that created a sh*t atmosphere which is why Cotchery wanted out.  The idea that he cut solid talent is misguided IMO. 

See above.  No problem with ripping Rex for roster management, but if anything he held on to old guys well past where he should have and almost everybody cut absolutely sucked.  Maybe you want to claim Sanchez did a great job in Philly last season?

Lost good people. Replaced with exiled trash people. Locker room implodes.  The man has learned nothing.

Lose Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Thomas Jones. Replace them with Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Antonio Cromartie, and Derrick Mason.

Tony Richardson was almost 40 years old,Faneca played just one more year and was done.. Woody wasn't picked up by any team and TJ lasted 2 years in KC and wasn't exactly great avg 3.7 and 3.1 ypc..

Tony Richardson was almost 40 years old,Faneca played just one more year and was done.. Woody wasn't picked up by any team and TJ lasted 2 years in KC and wasn't exactly great avg 3.7 and 3.1 ypc..

Lost good people. Replaced with trash people. Locker room implodes.

Nice logic there.  Maybe you should tell Chip Kelly to cut Ryan Mathews because he gets hurt sometimes?  By the way, Jackson has only been hurt for 2 total games in the last 2 years.

Yeah let's ignore the fact that he's played a complete season only 4 out of 8 seasons of his career plus he's had significant leg injuries.  It's stuff like this that makes me think fantasy football is bad for football fandom in general when guys like CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and Matthew Stafford get insanely overrated.

Yeah let's ignore the fact that he's played a complete season only 4 out of 8 seasons of his career plus he's had significant leg injuries.  It's stuff like this that makes me think fantasy football is bad for football fandom in general when guys like CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and Matthew Stafford get insanely overrated.

lol.  I'm not over-valuing Fred friggin Jackson.  I'm saying compared to the other trash they have at RB, he's not someone you just outright cut for little reason.  Dixon or Brown would have been better choices.

lol.  I'm not over-valuing Fred friggin Jackson.  I'm saying compared to the other trash they have at RB, he's not someone you just outright cut for little reason.  Dixon or Brown would have been better choices.

Other than the fact that Dixon and Brown are both younger and cheaper and at this point similarly effective.  Fred Jackson was due $2.35 million guaranteed by week 1. 

This stinks of Doug Whaley setting Rex up to fail, as it is a well known fact Rex has zero input on any roster related decisions.....poor guy.

So cutting an ok running back when you have 3 other similarly effective players still on the roster is setting up Rex to fail?  This was most likely a cap move Fred Jackson wasn't willing to take a paycut or restructure $2.35 million doesn't seem like a lot but it is for a part-time back in today's NFL.

Other than the fact that Dixon and Brown are both younger and cheaper and at this point similarly effective.  Fred Jackson was due $2.35 million guaranteed by week 1. 

Some people are making the Jackson release worse then when the Chargers released LT..:rolleyes:

So cutting an ok running back when you have 3 other similarly effective players still on the roster is setting up Rex to fail?  This was most likely a cap move Fred Jackson wasn't willing to take a paycut or restructure $2.35 million doesn't seem like a lot but it is for a part-time back in today's NFL.

are you trying to suggest that Rex isn't being set up to fail by yet another inept GM?....yea ok sure.

The horror.

And also wrong about Dixon and Brown in terms of "similar effectiveness".  Jackson was the best runner the Bills had around the goalline (yes, Shady is terrible in this region of the field, look it up), and the dude also led the team with 66 catches last season.  That's not easy production to replace.  They have horrible QB's and Rex just cut the team's most consistently effective check-down option.

There is never an outcome.  Just a never ending journey toward cosmic consciousness.

You just got to learn to love the journey...

The horror.

Is releasing Fred Jackson equivalent to the horror of the Panthers not working out Reggie Wayne?

The horror.

And also wrong about Dixon and Brown in terms of "similar effectiveness".  Jackson was the best runner the Bills had around the goalline (yes, Shady is terrible in this region of the field, look it up), and the dude also led the team with 66 catches last season.  That's not easy production to replace.  They have horrible QB's and Rex just cut the team's most consistently effective check-down option.

The Bills added Lesean McCoy and Charles Clay in the off-season and Sammy Watkins by all accounts had a phenomenal training camp.  I think the Bills will be fine without Marshall Faulk in his prime aka Fred Jackson.

The Bills added Lesean McCoy and Charles Clay in the off-season and Sammy Watkins by all accounts had a phenomenal training camp.  I think the Bills will be fine without Marshall Faulk in his prime aka Fred Jackson.

Until Shady gets hurt and the likes of Harvin and Incognito tear up the locker room, with no veteran leadership around to take care of it.

Based on his history here, with the New York Jets football club, Rex Ryan has exhibited giving zero sh*ts about the caliber great man-ness or great player-ness of the football players he chooses for his team.

I heard that this was Whaley's call.  Pegula was surprised but gave Whaley the go ahead.  

I heard that this was Whaley's call.  Pegula was surprised but gave Whaley the go ahead.  

Ah good, you're back!  And it seems clear you're taking the blind eye approach to Rex's "Throwing others under the bus" strategy, which he utilized for years in NYC.  That'll work out well for you.

Archived