The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

It'll be fun to see how jeanie spins this one.  After all, in her mind preseason stats are very important, and Fred Jackson took his first preseason carry for 41 yards, then scored a TD on the same drive.

Well we can use the 2014 stats of 9-7 with players that are no longer on the team.  Is that better?  

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bills just cut Fred Jackson, whom Rex had been trying to dump since June. Always wise to cut locker room leaders to make room for malcontents: 

very sad day for Buffalo.  Fred Jackson will be sorely missed by the fans.  

Well we can use the 2014 stats of 9-7 with players that are no longer on the team.  Is that better?  

Yes, please do.  Please justify why your leading rusher AND leader in receptions from 2014 (yes, he caught more passes than Sammy Watkins) was cut without even trying to get a 7th rounder back.

Yes, please do.  Please justify why your leading rusher AND leader in receptions from 2014 (yes, he caught more passes than Sammy Watkins) was cut without even trying to get a 7th rounder back.

Kindly request that you knock it off - this is a very sad day for Buffalo.

Wow!!!  a man loses his job and you think it's fantastic??

No. I feel badly for Fred Jackson. He's made millions in his career and strikes me as a guy who knows how not to mess that up. He's also going to latch on in Cleveland or New England, or San Diego or wherever else there is a need for a solid RB. So, you don't have to feel that awful for him.

What I think is fantastic is that Rex Ryan is no longer a unicorn in Buffalo, but just a regular coach who makes terrible personnel decisions that will likely come back and bite him in his rear. Which he might be into.

Kindly request that you knock it off - this is a very sad day for Buffalo.

Oh c'mon.  You've been telling us over and over how good things were going to be this year.  Can't take the heat when we're all proven to be correct in one fell swoop?  We've been warning you for months not to put your trust in Rex.

Worst move of the season - Fredex is a great man and player

Based on his history here, with the New York Jets football club, Rex Ryan has exhibited giving zero sh*ts about the caliber great man-ness or great player-ness of the football players he chooses for his team.

No. I feel badly for Fred Jackson. He's made millions in his career and strikes me as a guy who knows how not to mess that up. He's also going to latch on in Cleveland or New England, or San Diego or wherever else there is a need for a solid RB. So, you don't have to feel that awful for him.

What I think is fantastic is that Rex Ryan is no longer a unicorn in Buffalo, but just a regular coach who makes terrible personnel decisions that will likely come back and bite him in his rear. Which he might be into.

Based on his history here, with the New York Jets football club, Rex Ryan has exhibited giving zero sh*ts about the caliber great man-ness or great player-ness of the football players he chooses for his team.

What personnel mistakes did Rex make as far as who was cut?  I understand the "Rex ran the roster into the ground" argument, but the only guy he cut I remember going on to any success elsewhere was Woodhead.  I agree they did not bring in the best guys and maybe hung on to some well past their sell by date, but there are few guys, even out of cap casualties, who have had any success elsewhere.  Slauson, DeVito and Ihedigbo have done well.  Landry?  Most of the other guys have been beyond done when they were let go.  Of course, I'm not sure he ever had much influence on the offensive side, so maybe things are worse with Roman.

What personnel mistakes did Rex make as far as who was cut?  I understand the "Rex ran the roster into the ground" argument, but the only guy he cut I remember going on to any success elsewhere was Woodhead.  I agree they did not bring in the best guys and maybe hung on to some well past their sell by date, but there are few guys, even out of cap casualties, who have had any success elsewhere.  Slauson, DeVito and Ihedigbo have done well.  Landry?  Most of the other guys have been beyond done when they were let go.  Of course, I'm not sure he ever had much influence on the offensive side, so maybe things are worse with Roman.

If you don't know, then I'm not telling you.

Lose Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Thomas Jones. Replace them with Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Antonio Cromartie, and Derrick Mason.

Retired, one sub-par year in Arizona then retired, retired, two seasons sub-4 ypc on a team where Jamaal Charles was ripping it up.  Hell, he was outplayed by Jackie Battle.  No argument that he got the correct replacements - though the guys you mentioned replaced Chansi Stuckey/David Clowney, Braylon Edwards, Lito Shepherd and Brad Smith.  I guess you could add Cotchery to the bad cut list, but that was at his request.  I agree that they did not add the right players and more importantly, added players that created a sh*t atmosphere which is why Cotchery wanted out.  The idea that he cut solid talent is misguided IMO. 

If you don't know, then I'm not telling you.

See above.  No problem with ripping Rex for roster management, but if anything he held on to old guys well past where he should have and almost everybody cut absolutely sucked.  Maybe you want to claim Sanchez did a great job in Philly last season?

Archived