Summer Blockbuster Mafia - Game on!

Leelou

Not who avoided a "speed lynch" but who avoided voting at all.  It's a way scum can keep their hands clean as a they know the victim is town.

The fact that you and Nolder think I'm scum is a good indicator that I'm not.

I agree with that, which is why I went after Smash and JC initially.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're trying to reveal something you may as well..  because odds are this post and the last one like it are the talk of the scum chat.

are you "nolder" 100% or are you telling us something else?

Don't you think it's better that I keep that to myself for now? Or are you the one who's up in the scum chat all worried?

Ok let's start at the beginning. I first raised concern about JC on page 5 immediately after Verbal's death. You can go read for yourself since it's a series of posts but what I basically said was I'm not suspicious of the people on the train I'm suspicious of the people who were around but never voted ANYONE. Those people were Smash and JC. After an exchange with Ape I questioned Smash about why he didn't vote on page 7. His answer was basically that Day 1 usually lasts at least 20 pages and he wasn't expecting to end early which I think is fair. I then said JC, same question. And here's where we start.

I'm reading on page 5...page 5...and we have a blind lynched Verbal...and numbnuts wants to point fingers...the reason I mentioned "Verbal ruins everything" was his Nolder Wednesday comment...which I argued against the last several infrequent games we've played in...unfortunately the games here at JN have become a caricature of any game we've ever played here...everybody plays for the lulz...no one bothers to strategize till mid to end game...good luck with that.  

@ Nolder:  Argo GFY!

Ok so he's reacting to the Verbal lynch right now. He's all emo about it and that's fine. Townie could have that reaction whatever it's all good. So I just ignore all the bullsh*t and ask him why he never voted anyone.

So why didn't you vote anyone?

Cause I'm smart enough to realize that JN hasn't played in a while and they might start the game on tilt...cause you know...that's what they do...that and Lynch Nolder Wednesday every other game...not only do we not get any intel from this crap...you're probably scum with serious case of "Oh sh*t"...Even funnier cause I have tried to talk the crowd out of Nolder Wednesday and the rest of the crazy horsesh*t type plays we've seen the last several games...guess I need to go back to playing like Crazy Eddie...But hey, if you want to continue this argument into tomorrow...let's roll.

And he says this. I couldn't make heads or tails of this really but I tried to and asked for clarification.

I'm sorry I don't think I'm understanding. Let me try to get it straight.

You're saying that you didn't vote anyone because you realized JN hasn't played in awhile and something weird might happen?

Correct me if that's wrong because I fully admit I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say.

I'm saying...there was zero sense to add to the blind lynch Verbal crowd anymore than it makes sense to lynch Nolder Wednesday crowd.  I'm experienced enough here at this site to realize it is not an empty threat.  We've done both in multiple games.  The fact you want to use this as intel...is especially ironic.  

So he dumbs it down and says that it made zero sense to blind lynch Verbal but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking why he didn't vote ANYONE.

I'm not saying anything dude I'm just asking why you didn't vote anyone.

So your answer is that you didn't want to contribute to a Verbal lynch?

And from here he ignored me.

I was already getting suspicious here but eh people come and go all the time maybe he got busy or whatever so I waited to see his response.

Here it is.

I misunderstood. You meant two people were voting you, my bad.

That's actually a fair misunderstanding. Sorry for the confusion.

Good grief, no it isn't.

Nolderp strikes again.

The next morning JC comes out of the gate and votes me, saying I'm obvious scum.

He failed to address my last post to him. He gives no concrete reason. Just says it's obvious and votes me.

Is there anyone out there who thinks that there isn't even a possibility of my doing what I did as town and defending it as such?

I am town and it happened. The fact that JC doesn't even want to question me or poke me or anything is what seals the deal.

I'm the one prodding and he wants to get out ahead of me and be the first to vote so it looks like I'm reacting to him when really it's the other way around.

Vote Nolder

Obvious scum is obvious

Anyone else see a trend?

Threw this in for good measure. It's a non statement.

It can mean whatever JC needs it to mean if someone says "what trend?" or "Yeah me too, blah blah blah" and it looks like he's contributing to scum hunting but really he's not. It's nothing.

I'm convinced.

JC kept dodging my question and wouldn't give a straight answer about why he never voted.

Then he comes out of the gate on me. I'd bet my life he's mafia.

Vote JC

And here's my vote of course.

So there's my thought process up to the point where I was convinced.

It's not long and it's not a lot and I am not expecting others to be convinced by it but I am more sure right now than I usually am about anything in mafia.

This is my own intuition. I'm not asking anyone to follow me. I'm just putting my vote down where I think it belongs.

Ok let's start at the beginning. I first raised concern about JC on page 5 immediately after Verbal's death. You can go read for yourself since it's a series of posts but what I basically said was I'm not suspicious of the people on the train I'm suspicious of the people who were around but never voted ANYONE. Those people were Smash and JC. After an exchange with Ape I questioned Smash about why he didn't vote on page 7. His answer was basically that Day 1 usually lasts at least 20 pages and he wasn't expecting to end early which I think is fair. I then said JC, same question. And here's where we start.

Ok so he's reacting to the Verbal lynch right now. He's all emo about it and that's fine. Townie could have that reaction whatever it's all good. So I just ignore all the bullsh*t and ask him why he never voted anyone.

And he says this. I couldn't make heads or tails of this really but I tried to and asked for clarification.

So he dumbs it down and says that it made zero sense to blind lynch Verbal but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking why he didn't vote ANYONE.

And from here he ignored me.

I was already getting suspicious here but eh people come and go all the time maybe he got busy or whatever so I waited to see his response.

Nolder you have been playing this game for a long time so for you to come out and claim JC is "100% Scum" is something you should know better than to do. For many reasons Im not going to get into.

What you post here does not change my mind one bit yet in your mind it = 100 % ...serious ?

you know better than this.

I don't like the way SMC is playing I didn't like JIF's reveal Pac is still an idiot and yet I'm no where close to claiming any of them 100 % scum

Do you just wait around for people to say something so you can go "NUH UHHH!"?

Like seriously. I'm just laughing over here.

It is not my fault that some of you are better at being wrong than converting oxygen into carbon dioxide. 

Looked back at the Nolder-JC interactions.  Nolder, it's a flimsy case at best.  Certainly not one to go "100 %, bet my life" on. 

Arsis has finally started playing so I'll unvote

Can you post links to where you started playing? Other than yammering about nonsense and wanting to "lynch actual scum", that is.

Can you post links to where you started playing? Other than yammering about nonsense and wanting to "lynch actual scum", that is.

Other than my opening vote on Verbal, I've been playing the whole time.  Just because you feel its nonsense doesn't mean it isn't playing.  I'd appreciate you allowing me to make a single post without feeling the need to insult my intelligence, thanks.  Every, single post with you these days.  I'm well aware I'm not good at this game and not on the level of your genius.  Now go away, you've said your peace regarding my play.

Don't you think it's better that I keep that to myself for now? Or are you the one who's up in the scum chat all worried?

No if that was the case I'd just not mention it and shoot you.  Just don't understand why you're being coy when it's pretty obvious what you're implying.

I thought about it before I asked and couldn't figure out what the play is if you're town.

I only whined once, during night phase, then proceeded to argue about it because that's sh*t like that tends to make you less of a target during the night for scum. I can't believe even after hinting at doing this, I have to explain it.

Hmm..  that actually makes sense.  At least you finally explained it.

Meanwhile if you're town stop perseverating on me..  You're wasting your time.  I haven't even voted you.

Just read the 100% case.. 

yeah....

Going back to my early read.

Vote Smash

Didn't like the soft outrage after the Verb lynch followed by quickly letting it go once he was mildly called out on it.  It was a stupid lynch...  that was the point.  Kick start the game and get some talk going.

For Smash of all people to give up so easily on his criticism was the strangest thing I've seen thus far.

I could also vote SMC because he still has yet to put together any kind of strong critiques.  I don't care if it makes sense or not but for him not to at least to have a strong opinion at this point is weird.  I'd think at this point everyone should at least be suspicious of someone.

The others off the top of my head to fall in that safe play category would be CTM, Crush, and JiF before he got run up a bit. 

Vote Count

JiF (2) - Arsis, Smash

80 (2) - JiF, Ape

Arsis (2) - 80, JC

Smash (1) - Crusher

JC (1) - Nol

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch 

Deadline - Tuesday 10 am

Any reason we already have a deadline?  It's the first day after a holiday weekend and people are playing.

Or can you at least make it 10PM?  I won't be on during the day much at all.  I like the idea of speedy days but if I'm going to systematically destroy the scum team I need more than 24 hour game days.

Any reason we already have a deadline?  It's the first day after a holiday weekend and people are playing.

Or can you at least make it 10PM?  I won't be on during the day much at all.  I like the idea of speedy days but if I'm going to systematically destroy the scum team I need more than 24 hour game days.

I'm okay with deadline. People need to make decisions and take stances.

Just read the 100% case.. 

yeah....

Going back to my early read.

Vote Smash

Didn't like the soft outrage after the Verb lynch followed by quickly letting it go once he was mildly called out on it.  It was a stupid lynch...  that was the point.  Kick start the game and get some talk going.

For Smash of all people to give up so easily on his criticism was the strangest thing I've seen thus far.

I could also vote SMC because he still has yet to put together any kind of strong critiques.  I don't care if it makes sense or not but for him not to at least to have a strong opinion at this point is weird.  I'd think at this point everyone should at least be suspicious of someone.

The others off the top of my head to fall in that safe play category would be CTM, Crush, and JiF before he got run up a bit. 

this is ridiculous. When I express outrage over a dumb lynch its usually no more than a post or two. The only time I get deep into an issue is when I'm after scum just like I did with JIF when he claimed Cop last game. Stop trying to make sh*t up to push a point, it makes you look scummy.

I came in a saw Verbal at L-2 and didn't feel he should be voted to L-1 and you're concerned ? I think its freakin time we start using Alt's cause this crap is getting ridiculous.

because day 1 is usually 20 + pages long and there usually is plenty of time to get people posting and interacting, none of which happened here since Verbal, for no apparent reason, was lynched in 4 pages.

I could care less what you or that Idiot Ape do TBH the bottom line here is we are once again locked up in a stupid argument and you are somehow trying to justify Verbals lynch. As some have mentioned this is exactly the type of sh*t that push's some people away from this game.

Its not tears I said my peace and Im fine with moving on.

hmm.

Vote Smash

SMC might very well be scum.

This is why you're an idiot PAC. I said what I had to say, had a little back and forth with Nolder, then proceeded to push Crusher and get on with the game. Would it have been better if I kept harping on the fact the verbal lynch was idiotic ? It seems there was plenty of disgust with a few players in the game on the subject but you were like "meh nothing to see here I'm going old style mafia" which is pure horsesh*t. If you want to make a case you really have to do better than this. I think you may be using a bit of reverse psychology here rather than throwing out the outrage your playing it low key which is pinging big time IMO.

Unvote Vote PAC

I'm okay with deadline. People need to make decisions and take stances.

Yeah but these games IMO are best when they last 2-3 weeks (maybe closer to 2 with 14 players)...  people stay engaged but there's also time for people to play and hopefully slip up.

Hurried decisions favor scum as it allows them to vote without fear of repercussion using the deadline excuse. 

And before anyone says it yes I hammered Verb in a speed lynch.  I've already said why..  6 people were voting him with no signs of peeling off.  At this point we'd still be waiting for him and not much would have been accomplished.  I weighed the pros and cons and decided a quick death was best for the game.  Maybe we get lucky and catch scum but if not we get things moving...  now that they're moving there's really no reason to try and go for another speed lynch.  If you're interested in catching scum that is.

This is why you're an idiot PAC. I said what I had to say, had a little back and forth with Nolder, then proceeded to push Crusher and get on with the game. Would it have been better if I kept harping on the fact the verbal lynch was idiotic ? It seems there was plenty of disgust with a few players in the game on the subject but you were like "meh nothing to see here I'm going old style mafia" which is pure horsesh*t. If you want to make a case you really have to do better than this. I think you may be using a bit of reverse psychology here rather than throwing out the outrage your playing it low key which is pinging big time IMO.

Unvote Vote PAC

Yeah I knew this was coming....  you could set your clock to it.  I'm not even sure what you're trying to accomplish by quoting those last 2 posts and putting them together.  Anyone can read what was going on.  Which is the same thing I always do..  cast suspicion on multiple players and see how they react.

I feel good with my vote.

Seconded. I think Tuesday night or Wednesday morning should be the deadline.

Hmm..  that actually makes sense.  At least you finally explained it.

Meanwhile if you're town stop perseverating on me..  You're wasting your time.  I haven't even voted you.

What does you voting me have to do with me suspecting you? Shut up, moron.

Archived