Summer Blockbuster Mafia - Game on!

Leelou

Yeah, thinking about it a second longer... really don't like how 80 is trying to buddy up to a claimed vig. Say JIF is town. 80 gains his favor, and keeps a killing role in the game that he can help steer toward shooting townies. 

unvote, vote 80

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im at another week long suit up corporate thing...  only be able to post in small windows but I've been following.

The Ape is starting to ping because he continues to whine about substance and then proceeds not to add any.  Other than his incessant whining all of the night phase and most of today seem most like the mafia of old than anything I've seen in a long time.

Be part of the solution.

I'll have to think about JiF's reveal so I'll Unvote.  That kind of every other night shot is usually my thing when modding.  Can't remember if Leelou has used it.

lol, I was wondering which scum bag would try to use this against me... read the game, in between my gripes (which I've already said I'm running with a bit at this point) I've listed my suspects, made trap statements, and deduced more of what is happening right now... including reactions to JIF's claim... than anyone else.

But yeah, I'm not adding any substance. He can't claim to not be caught up either, since he said he's been following.

This post pings primarily because he's unvoting JIF, going to wait to see what other people decide, then he'll weight in after gaming the mod or some bullsh*t. He's once again acting brash, but doing nothing but hedging... the way he does as scum. 

Lynch 80, have JIF shoot Pac. Or vice versa.

At this point, I'm griping to play into the "stop complaining ape" bit. 

Anyway, you can't vet anything but the ability to shoot. It doesn't vet your alignment. Let's say we all suggest a target, you shoot that target, it ends up being a townie, then you expect not to be lynched? I wonder if we suggested a scum target though, then you can fall back on the "I can holster and I chose to be a responsible townie and holstered" excuse.

A cop can vet you, you shooting someone can't.

no idiot I don't like the reveal itself I think its bogus. The fact that you revealed has nothing to do with what I said

He didn't say he doesn't like "when" you revealed. He said he doesn't like the convenience of what you revealed. This wasn't a hard thing to get... tempted to put you at L1 right now.

Fair.  Well, its the truth, so, trust me.  hehe

Kill me.  No biggie.  Just another dead townie with a power role but one that can hurt the town.  You could do worse than lynching me.   Town would fine still. 

You know what JIF Im not going to go through this crap again ...Just like last game your pretending to be an Idiot lets see if anyone agrees with that assessment cause Im not going to go into another back and forth of your lOL bullshjit

Unvote Vote JIF

Ummm...the last time we did this I made a bold move and claimed with no reason because the game was literally awful and our scum team was dominating.  I made it interesting and backfired.  haha.  This is a reveal in response to getting run up.  Very different.

And I'm pretty sure you shot me the last time we played.  Is someone scared of pay back? 

CTM just made the list, but I still like 80 the best for scum. 

He buried his joke vote on Verbal and watched him get blind speed lynched.  Which is fine, 80 is ******* awful and he does that with Verbal all the time...but look at his responses since the death scene.  He basically disappeared when Verbal's train started gaining heat.  Then, he comes back long after the death and doesnt make a single comment about his boo Verbal getting speed lynched.  Not one comment.  Not a celebration, not a ooops, not a comment about the stupidity of the blind lynch.  Nothing.  

That's a pretty solid point actually. I didn't catch that earlier.

I like jifs reveal. Pretty much able to vet him.

Either you can, or you cannot, there is no pretty much. 

I'm content with keeping him alive as long as he works with us, and it doesn't prove out over time that he's "holstered" every time we asked him to shoot someone that is scum.

Yeah, thinking about it a second longer... really don't like how 80 is trying to buddy up to a claimed vig. Say JIF is town. 80 gains his favor, and keeps a killing role in the game that he can help steer toward shooting townies. 

unvote, vote 80

How would I "gain favor" by siding with JiF?  The majority of the game hates his reveal, and as I said, vigs don't last long here.  This would be a dumb strategy even for me.

Correct. 

You are worthless and need to die.

The perfect scum reveal these days is cop.  We've already seen a "1 X N1 Masonizer" this game, so there appear to be some wacky roles going on.  Meanwhile, we had like 3 games recently with no cop. 

Cop was the reveal that made my scum team lose when we could have walked away with a victory.  I did it to create some excitement.  It back fired big time. 

Cop was the reveal that made my scum team lose when we could have walked away with a victory.  I did it to create some excitement.  It back fired big time. 

Yes, but there were several prior games where scum was able to successfully use the cop claim for a win, IIRC.  The point is if we're going to judge players' reveals properly, context helps on occasion.  Smash's argument that you'll skate to a scum victory on this claim is flawed.

How would I "gain favor" by siding with JiF?  The majority of the game hates his reveal, and as I said, vigs don't last long here.  This would be a dumb strategy even for me.

The "majority" hates it? I think 2-3 people have pointed out the its loopholes. 

And despite what you said about how long Vigs last, keeping him alive into an even night does buy favor for you, and increases the chance of you (or other scum) being able to influence his shot the wrong way. Thus doubling-down on townie deaths if scum has successful NK. This is pretty basic sh*t.

Yes, but there were several prior games where scum was able to successfully use the cop claim for a win, IIRC.  The point is if we're going to judge players' reveals properly, context helps on occasion.  Smash's argument that you'll skate to a scum victory on this claim is flawed.

Perhaps Smash was factoring in that you'd lead 2-3 more stupid town mislynches when he made that statement, scum face.

You are bat manning the sh*t out of this game. Great point on 80. Gotta go back and look. At beach so prolly later.

Bat Manning?  Is there a 4th Manning brother?

And you're at the beach?  How many tubes of sun screen does it take to cover the whole body? 

Here's how you vet this.  Have JiF shoot me tonight.  Sound good?  Good.

No. Lynch you now. Have JIF shoot Pac tonight.

Also... that moment where scum starts dictating to the town what to do right after you predicted it.

K.  Well I'll say it again.  Since I'm JiF's top read anyways, have him shoot me.  Then he gets to play the rest of the game as his favorite role, vanilla town.  Until people start bringing up inane gambit theories, anyways.

Skimming too?  I'm a Vig on even nights. 

Perhaps Smash was factoring in that you'd lead 2-3 more stupid town mislynches when he made that statement, scum face.

Yes, yes, continue to blame me for being the first vote on Verbal in the joke phase of the game.  I didn't "lead" a lynch.

K.  Well I'll say it again.  Since I'm JiF's top read anyways, have him shoot me.  Then he gets to play the rest of the game as his favorite role, vanilla town.  Until people start bringing up inane gambit theories, anyways.

No. This reads like you want to avoid the lynch, live into the night to submit a night action, and/or keep JIF from having to have to target Pac like I suggested.

You should die now.

Yes, yes, continue to blame me for being the first vote on Verbal in the joke phase of the game.  I didn't "lead" a lynch.

Historically, you are the first and most often to lead joke lynches. True or false? Because that is what I'm referring to, you idiot, not just this game as an example. 3+ years of your pants-wetting, numb nuts bullsh*t.

No. This reads like you want to avoid the lynch, live into the night to submit a night action, and/or keep JIF from having to have to target Pac like I suggested.

You should die now.

Or we can lynch actual scum.  None of these theories of yours are correct.

I tried coming back to mafia a couple months ago, it was exactly the same. I just don't care for the dopey sh*t. The game doesn't challenge me much anymore... also, I've got something going on at work that have my grouchiness heightened, so I apologize for that. 

I've actually discussed the work stuff with CTM, so he can vouch for it if he wants. Anyway, it's got nothing to do with my role, it just annoys me that mods put time into a setup, then dopes mislynch for fun, kill the town's balance, and then act unforgiving about it, and this has become routine.

Maybe if you were in the dead thread, you'd be able to tap into your own grouchiness about this. :tongue:

People seem to also forget that this is how I always talk to 80 and Nolderp in these games. Chastising every dumb thing they do. It's sort of second-nature at this point.

To be fair to the situation...I don't THINK Leelou put a ton of time and effort into this one and is expecting it to be a super serious game to end all games. I'm not saying there's any reason to sh*t on the game either but I wouldn't say anyone has done that.

No one but mafia could know for sure lynching Verbal would be a mislynch.

Hell even mafia wouldn't know if he was a SK or something like that.

Verbal was going on vacation.

There is a joke in this community to blind lynch Verbal.

Verbal has not been blind lynched in a long time.

Day 1 lynches are usually town mislynches no matter how hard a town tries.

You really don't see how this situation happened?

It's not an every game occurrence so stop acting like it is.

I dont like this at all. Its the perfect scum reveal IMHO ...next thing he will ask is who do you want me to shoot ? Tell me JIF how can we trust you here ?

You either trust him already or you don't.

To be fair to the situation...I don't THINK Leelou put a ton of time and effort into this one and is expecting it to be a super serious game to end all games. I'm not saying there's any reason to sh*t on the game either but I wouldn't say anyone has done that.

No one but mafia could know for sure lynching Verbal would be a mislynch.

Hell even mafia wouldn't know if he was a SK or something like that.

Verbal was going on vacation.

There is a joke in this community to blind lynch Verbal.

Verbal has not been blind lynched in a long time.

Day 1 lynches are usually town mislynches no matter how hard a town tries.

You really don't see how this situation happened?

It's not an every game occurrence so stop acting like it is.

Bold: GFY

It's not how I think or play. We're all entitled to get on a soap box here and there. I'm off of mine, in case you haven't noticed, but maybe if you look closely you'll see how some scum came to the surface to try and use complaining as a false-pretense for suspecting me.

I know how to play this game bud.

Not sure what else there is to say?  The crux of his argument that I'm scum is that I didn't comment on Verbal's death.  I already answered to that. 

Just seems like you're blowing it off now that you've been called out.

Bold: GFY

It's not how I think or play. We're all entitled to get on a soap box here and there. I'm off of mine, in case you haven't noticed, but maybe if you look closely you'll see how some scum came to the surface to try and use complaining as a false-pretense for suspecting me.

I know how to play this game bud.

That's fine, but go back to complaining about how mafia sucks for other reasons.

The Verbal lynch was a one off occurrence and in context it made sense. 

Archived