Breaking Bad Mafia - Game Over

Nolder

we only wish, Pac and Ape will go through pain staking effort to show the 1-2 times they were right and hope we forget about the 10 times they were wrong.

Both insecure as sheet

haha...  I was wrong about Nyn and Leelou...  I still think the play the day I was lynched was to lynch Leelou.  Not because I was certain that she was converted but because I knew leaving her alive would lead to the same conversation about her alignment every subsequent day.  Which it kind of did.

The better move in retrospect was to lynch Crusher to vet her but even then what to say she couldn't have been converted that same night phase.  I figured the time to do it was then as we hadn't lost any townies at that point...  turns out we had a backup cop anyway. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People get carried away (looks at JiF)...  Most of the time it's the same handful of guys calling each other stupid a million different ways.

I never say anything out of line to women, (other than JiF), and wouldn't be mean to anyone without knowing they knew what I was saying is tongue in cheek.

One of my very favorite things about you. 

Well since one of the parties was gone so early it shouldn't have been an issue. Didn't you slip up in a similar way in Middle Earth?

Maybe, idk. I run my mouth a lot so it wouldn't surprise me. You guys were looking for JC's heir - I was just fanning the flames lol. I was a bit worried the rope might've found my neck before JiF with you and the other DM ladies still around

You guys are cool, Pac. But I couldn't let you off without a little sh*t lol

Did no one catch Smash's slip though?

Oh yeah that was pretty big. Surprised Nyn or CTM didn't catch it. They usually have an eye for those kind of details.

In all honestly I love playing with you guys, although sometimes I'm not sure what's joking and what's serious ; . ;

Deep down I know it's all love.

Sometimes it gets real. I don't think anyone will say it doesn't.

A few games ago I really went off on 80 pretty bad. Felt like a huge jerk afterward and PM'd him.

We made up and now we're cool. We even modded a game together right after.

Once we're finally able to push ourselves away we always realize it's just a game and chill out.

I'm not sure if there was a place for a lawyer this game. It was already impossible to know if not town results were survivor or scum. Not sure how fair it was to add a lawyer into that mix. I know that the lawyer role was a Survivor and wouldn't have necessarily fallen into scum's hands... but regardless I think the role in general was a bit of an overkill in this kind of setup.

Nyn: Okay I'll play but I won't be able to be around as much

*shakes head*

I still can't believe I spent ages speculating over lynching Crusher to vet Lee, only to have her shot the next night. FML.

BTW, Ape, don't listen to any of these aholes. You had a great game, and if this is a new style you're sporting, I like it a lot. You were towntelling and catching scum, which is basically the best play. GG. Wish Pac would have shot me because I think you would have been a heck of a lot more beneficial to town. Might have turned things around, who knows. 

Lizzie, I think it's a shame you went down the route of trying to CC Lee. I get that you were trying to get ifnormation or maybe impose your opinion, but you also served scum a townie lynch on a silver platter. There is no way they were going to get you lynched if you hadn't done that. Fake claiming and gambits... I usually shy away from them. Because imo if you do it, you have to nail it or not do it at all. It muddles the read on you and makes it hard not to doubt your alignment. And again, I think it's a shame in this specific game, cause I was actually town reading you.

Lee, I'm sorry if you got annoyed at the rest of us, but I have no regrets about leaning on you and Crusher. I doubt you would have done differently in my place. I've actually given you the benefit of the doubt for quite a while cause I thought you were being honest. But your responses started pinging after that so.... had to play accordingly.

Crusher, you were hilarious this game. Don't understand why you didn't take a more active part in scumhunting. You have a good brain but it felt like your heart wasn't in it, maybe? even after you were converted. 

CTM, as always a tough read. But if anythng, at least Lizzie's death helped me realize you were town. I think it always takes us a bit of time to get there, but we usually manage to talk through and get an accurate read of each other. 

Laine, you were an obvious townie. Didn't always agree with you, but you had a lot of good points and you took charge. We both made some bad calls, but that happens too. I think after the assassin's game, I might have improved a bit in my ability to read you. And vice versa. 

80, with Verbal not playing, I had to find a new target. Grats, you're it. 

JiF, sorry for mislynching you lol  I'm not sure why your play changed along the game. Looked like you sort of ran out of juice and stopped caring. Normally it wouldn't be such a big deal because people always start more invested but in a conversion game, it was impossible to ignore. I wish you would have defended instead of throwing the towel. But at the same time, I'm not sure if it would have made a diference.

Pac, you always seem to play scummy to me, which is why I'm usually right there on your train when you get lynched. Nothing personal but I can't understand a townie playing that way. You fixated on me so much (over nonsense, imo, because I don't think you know me well enough to determine if my snark is legit or not) and tried to wave away the push on JC. It looked even worse after JC flipped. So, again, no real regrets in lynching you....... besides the fact that it cost us Ape. Wether or not you had good reads is irrelevent to me, because I wasn't in a position to believe anyting that was coming out of your mouth. So, sure, god job on nailing down scum in your read list... but if it doesn't help town win because you can't be believed...then all it does is make you feel better?  Okay. Enjoy that, I guess. My impression is that you care a lot more about being right than your team winning. If that's your priority, then okay.

Most obvious townies I think were Ape, Laine and prolly Lizzie (up until the mess). Lee was up there too at first, but ended up trending down. CTM trended up.

Nolder, thanks for the game again. It was definitely different. Been a while since I played. Felt a bit rusy but it was nice none the same. 

GG scum

Also, for the record, there was nothing unusual about me being agro at times. I often get frustrated. Some people tend to immedietly translate that to scummy, but it is pretty inaccurate imo

I'm not sure if there was a place for a lawyer this game. It was already impossible to know if not town results were survivor or scum. Not sure how fair it was to add a lawyer into that mix. I know that the lawyer role was a Survivor and wouldn't have necessarily fallen into scum's hands... but regardless I think the role in general was a bit of an overkill in this kind of setup.

Agreed 100%. That's one of maybe 3 things I would absolutely change if I could go back in time and change the setup before running it.

Nolder

07-24-2015
08:36 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Ohhhhhhhh sh*t Leelou is viewing Hess tonight and AJ layered him. Damn. If she spills that result before she's killed that team has a real shot of going all the way with the leader intact. At least until AJ himself is killed throwing doubt onto Leelou's reads.

Also, another insight I'm only now getting from watching this play out, the cop role was already intentionally a bit weaker because of the recruiting mechanic...I probably shouldn't have given scum the possibility of a Lawyer. It just fit so well but maybe I should have come up with something else. Oh well. Live and learn.

Oh yeah that was pretty big. Surprised Nyn or CTM didn't catch it. They usually have an eye for those kind of details.

what was it?  Honestly i was getting frustrated having no clue what was going on and that we kept doing dumb things, lizzie, pac/ape, jif self voting for the loss.. bad town game

BTW, Ape, don't listen to any of these aholes. You had a great game, and if this is a new style you're sporting, I like it a lot. You were towntelling and catching scum, which is basically the best play. GG. Wish Pac would have shot me because I think you would have been a heck of a lot more beneficial to town. Might have turned things around, who knows. 

Lizzie, I think it's a shame you went down the route of trying to CC Lee. I get that you were trying to get ifnormation or maybe impose your opinion, but you also served scum a townie lynch on a silver platter. There is no way they were going to get you lynched if you hadn't done that. Fake claiming and gambits... I usually shy away from them. Because imo if you do it, you have to nail it or not do it at all. It muddles the read on you and makes it hard not to doubt your alignment. And again, I think it's a shame in this specific game, cause I was actually town reading you.

Lee, I'm sorry if you got annoyed at the rest of us, but I have no regrets about leaning on you and Crusher. I doubt you would have done differently in my place. I've actually given you the benefit of the doubt for quite a while cause I thought you were being honest. But your responses started pinging after that so.... had to play accordingly.

Crusher, you were hilarious this game. Don't understand why you didn't take a more active part in scumhunting. You have a good brain but it felt like your heart wasn't in it, maybe? even after you were converted. 

CTM, as always a tough read. But if anythng, at least Lizzie's death helped me realize you were town. I think it always takes us a bit of time to get there, but we usually manage to talk through and get an accurate read of each other. 

Laine, you were an obvious townie. Didn't always agree with you, but you had a lot of good points and you took charge. We both made some bad calls, but that happens too. I think after the assassin's game, I might have improved a bit in my ability to read you. And vice versa. 

80, with Verbal not playing, I had to find a new target. Grats, you're it. 

JiF, sorry for mislynching you lol  I'm not sure why your play changed along the game. Looked like you sort of ran out of juice and stopped caring. Normally it wouldn't be such a big deal because people always start more invested but in a conversion game, it was impossible to ignore. I wish you would have defended instead of throwing the towel. But at the same time, I'm not sure if it would have made a diference.

Pac, you always seem to play scummy to me, which is why I'm usually right there on your train when you get lynched. Nothing personal but I can't understand a townie playing that way. You fixated on me so much (over nonsense, imo, because I don't think you know me well enough to determine if my snark is legit or not) and tried to wave away the push on JC. It looked even worse after JC flipped. So, again, no real regrets in lynching you....... besides the fact that it cost us Ape. Wether or not you had good reads is irrelevent to me, because I wasn't in a position to believe anyting that was coming out of your mouth. So, sure, god job on nailing down scum in your read list... but if it doesn't help town win because you can't be believed...then all it does is make you feel better?  Okay. Enjoy that, I guess. My impression is that you care a lot more about being right than your team winning. If that's your priority, then okay.

Most obvious townies I think were Ape, Laine and prolly Lizzie (up until the mess). Lee was up there too at first, but ended up trending down. CTM trended up.

Nolder, thanks for the game again. It was definitely different. Been a while since I played. Felt a bit rusy but it was nice none the same. 

GG scum

lol

what was it?  Honestly i was getting frustrated having no clue what was going on and that we kept doing dumb things, lizzie, pac/ape, jif self voting for the loss.. bad town game

He claimed he couldn't be recruited.

That's not something he would have been told even if it was a real mechanic.

AJ first brought it up in the scum QT in post 245.

Nolder, what happened if both scum and Lee tried to recruit the same survivor?

I explained that somewhere in the dead thread but I'm sure it's buried.

If two recruiters tried to recruit the same survivor it was a coin flip.

If all three tried to recruit the same survivor it was a dice roll with each person getting two numbers (1-2,3-4,5-6).

He claimed he couldn't be recruited.

That's not something he would have been told even if it was a real mechanic.

AJ first brought it up in the scum QT in post 245.

Oh i caught it, i thought he meant he had a vest or something.. Didn't consider it a slip at all

I explained that somewhere in the dead thread but I'm sure it's buried.

If two recruiters tried to recruit the same survivor it was a coin flip.

If all three tried to recruit the same survivor it was a dice roll with each person getting two numbers (1-2,3-4,5-6).

Fair enough. Sorry, I just kinda skimmed through the DT. Was too sleepy.

Agreed 100%. That's one of maybe 3 things I would absolutely change if I could go back in time and change the setup before running it.

maybe but we just got lucky with it too. That's how it rolls sometimes.

I think you did a good job with how you handed out the roles per se, but my two cents:

You gimped the town a little too much I would have either

1: let them know when conversions too place. At least give them strong hints.

Or

2. given them a Conversion Checker or something. And When Leelou recruited Crusher you should have given him a power like BPV.

Actually,

For set up I would have made Halia conversion checker and whoever Leelou's first conversion a doc...maybe something like that. But then give Mafia a RB with their third conversion....something like that.

maybe but we just got lucky with it too. That's how it rolls sometimes.

I think you did a good job with how you handed out the roles per se, but my two cents:

You gimped the town a little too much I would have either

1: let them know when conversions too place. At least give them strong hints.

Or

2. given Conversion Checker or something. And When Leelou recruited Crusher you should have given him a power like BPV.

Actually,

For set up I would have made Halia conversion checker and whoever Leelou's first conversion a doc...maybe something like that. But then give Mafia a RB with their third conversion....something like that.

i think let us know when conversions happenned, and confirming conversions for leelou would be the two changes I would make.

i think let us know when conversions happenned, and confirming conversions for leelou would be the two changes I would make.

Yes. Def. and she should have been able to know Crusher was town 100% after recruitment. Wasting that night inv on him wasn't fair.

Oh i caught it, i thought he meant he had a vest or something.. Didn't consider it a slip at all

Any townie with a recruitment vest they could mention would have spoken up about it D1 to let the town know it was a recruitment game

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That's funny because it was discussed in the dead thread and feelings were mixed about hinting conversions through scenes at least. No one talked about a conversion cop or whatever.

One thing I would change if I could go back is make it so the survivors got different roles depending on if they were town or mafia. I remember when I PM'd Crusher to tell him he was converted to town and was a 1x janitor he was like wtf do I do with this and I was like uhhh nothing I guess. Don't get me wrong this wasn't an oversight. It was intentional. But after seeing the game play out town could have used some extra roles to play with.

Any townie with a recruitment vest they could mention would have spoken up about it D1 to let the town know it was a recruitment game

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

To be fair Leelou could have spilled the beans. She was the only one though.

Archived