Mccoy Hurt - Limps off field

neckdemon

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong? At best partially wrong. You keep bringing these places up. Chicago said they weren't interested. I thought SF said the same. Could be wrong there but I can't find an article, tweet whatever that says he did interview in SF. All I find are articles saying he's a good fit and he will interview. Can't find one that says he did

Wrong? At best partially wrong. You keep bringing these places up. Chicago said they weren't interested. I thought SF said the same. Could be wrong there but I can't find an article, tweet whatever that says he did interview in SF. All I find are articles saying he's a good fit and he will interview. Can't find one that says he did

no,  he didn't interview with SF because the Bills hired him before he got to the interview.  He had to cancel interview/s with teams he already had scheduled because after he came to Buffalo,  he knew he wanted to be here.  SF may have been one of the cancellations.  

PS:  I read nyjunc's posts. He seems to agree that Rex was in demand.

Rex would have chose Buffalo no matter what as long as the dollars were the close.

Buffalo is exactly what Rex would want, a carbon copy of the early jet years.

A defense loaded with good players, a gm and owner he can walk all over, no pressure at all to have anything to do with the offense.  No need to actually, gasp, rebuild a defense. A desperate for success fan base easily swayed by the bluster.

He would have hated and failed hard in all those other places with lousy defensive personnel.

Buffalo could not have been a better landing spot for him.

no, he didn't interview with SF because the Bills hired him before he got to the interview. He had to cancel interview/s with teams he already had scheduled because after he came to Buffalo, he knew he wanted to be here. SF may have been one of the cancellations.

PS: I read nyjunc's posts. He seems to agree that Rex was in demand.

So there was a rumor that he was interviewing in SF. Sorry I thought they turned it down, we're going with one of their own. Again, could be wrong. But there would be an article that he cancelled the interview and that doesn't seem to exist. Chicago flat out turned him down. Atlanta interviewed him but wanted their guy from Seattle. Denver didn't want him.

Where's the demand? You just can't say he was in demand because you like him in Bufallo or a Jet fans who likes him says so too.

Why are you so hell bent on telling us that he was wanted? Who cares, who needs validation for a coachi hire? At the end of the day he'll succeed or fail and who wanted him or didn't won't change a thing.

So there was a rumor that he was interviewing in SF. Sorry I thought they turned it down, we're going with one of their own. Again, could be wrong. But there would be an article that he cancelled the interview and that doesn't seem to exist. Chicago flat out turned him down. Atlanta interviewed him but wanted their guy from Seattle. Denver didn't want him.

Where's the demand? You just can't say he was in demand because you like him in Bufallo or a Jet fans who likes him says so too.

Why are you so hell bent on telling us that he was wanted? Who cares, who needs validation for a coachi hire? At the end of the day he'll succeed or fail and who wanted him or didn't won't change a thing.

I can't remember what interview(s) he cancelled.  I heard conflicting stories about Atlanta.  One was that the owner's mother died and everything was put on hold.  The other was that they didn't return a follow up or 2 calls that Rex made.  Thought that was pretty rude. In the meantime,  he interviewed with Buffalo and liked what we had to offer.  

You asked:  Why am I so hell bent on saying that Rex was wanted?  Actually,  I am just carrying on a conversation.  

I can't remember what interview(s) he cancelled. I heard conflicting stories about Atlanta. One was that the owner's mother died and everything was put on hold. The other was that they didn't return a follow up or 2 calls that Rex made. Thought that was pretty rude. In the meantime, he interviewed with Buffalo and liked what we had to offer.

You asked: Why am I so hell bent on saying that Rex was wanted? Actually, I am just carrying on a conversation.

But you bring up how wanted Rex was. Are real quick to drop "he was signed in X amount of days". I didn't and don't think you need to sell the Rex signing. It made sense. Doesn't make a difference if one or every team wanted him

no, he didn't interview with SF because the Bills hired him before he got to the interview. He had to cancel interview/s with teams he already had scheduled because after he came to Buffalo, he knew he wanted to be here. SF may have been one of the cancellations.

PS: I read nyjunc's posts. He seems to agree that Rex was in demand.

Again other than the media matched Rex to SF, Chicago etc no one has indicated Rex actually had an interview in SF. Haven't read an actual day it was set for and anything saying they cancelled an interview.

he was still interviewing w/ teams and setting things up. Rex was a hot commodity on the coaching FA market last offseason.

No he wasn't. He was originally thought of as the lead for the Atlanta job and they let him leave after 5 hours. No deal signed. I don't buy the whole "owner is grieving" nonsense. You want a guy, he doesn't leave. Chicago flat out didn't want him. Buffalo was his only choice.

But you bring up how wanted Rex was. Are real quick to drop "he was signed in X amount of days". I didn't and don't think you need to sell the Rex signing. It made sense. Doesn't make a difference if one or every team wanted him

Alot happened in the 11 day time frame following Rex's termination.  He interviewed with the Falcons, vacationed in Hawaii,  interviewed with the Bills and was hired.  I don't know the exact interview dates, times, etc.  It's likely that he interviewed with Buffalo as soon as he returned from Hawaii and took the job.  I remember talk about the cancellation of other interview(s).

Again other than the media matched Rex to SF, Chicago etc no one has indicated Rex actually had an interview in SF. Haven't read an actual day it was set for and anything saying they cancelled an interview.

I don't remember what interview(s) was cancelled.  Just remember hearing about it.

Alot happened in the 11 day time frame following Rex's termination.  He interviewed with the Falcons, vacationed in Hawaii,  interviewed with the Bills and was hired.  I don't know the exact interview dates, times, etc.  It's likely that he interviewed with Buffalo as soon as he returned from Hawaii and took the job.  I remember talk about the cancellation of other interview(s).

Arthur Blank wanted to hire Rex. Dimitroff and Pioli wanted Quinn. There was conflict, with Blank going so far as to "restructure" the front office, effectively making Dimitroff a secretary. Blank's mother was in her last days, so he backed away to deal with that. Rex allegedly got nervous that Blank would let Pioli make the final call, which was never going to be Rex, so Rex and his agent flew to the Pegula's house in Florida and tricked them into giving Rex the job on the spot, circumventing Whaley altogether. As you know, the Pegulas had no Plan B when Marrone left, so you got Rex. The Raiders and Bears never called Rex. The Niners and Baalke were always going to hire Tomsula. If he didn't snooker the Bills, Rex would be at ESPN right now.

Arthur Blank wanted to hire Rex. Dimitroff and Pioli wanted Quinn. There was conflict, with Blank going so far as to "restructure" the front office, effectively making Dimitroff a secretary. Blank's mother was in her last days, so he backed away to deal with that. Rex allegedly got nervous that Blank would let Pioli make the final call, which was never going to be Rex, so Rex and his agent flew to the Pegula's house in Florida and tricked them into giving Rex the job on the spot, circumventing Whaley altogether. As you know, the Pegulas had no Plan B when Marrone left, so you got Rex. The Raiders and Bears never called Rex. The Niners and Baalke were always going to hire Tomsula. If he didn't snooker the Bills, Rex would be at ESPN right now.

Dimitrioff and Pioli were not going to work with Ryan, ever. These are Bellicheat disciples; a loose cannon like Ryan is as far away from that as you can get from control freak. Blank might have like Ryan but simply his whole front office was not going along. 

Terry, Kim Pegula,  Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon were all involved in both interviews with Rex.  

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/19b740de-0ca3-4dd6-8fdc-58c0cf013fa2

Dimitrioff and Pioli were not going to work with Ryan, ever. These are Bellicheat disciples; a loose cannon like Ryan is as far away from that as you can get from control freak. Blank might have like Ryan but simply his whole front office was not going along.

The only way he was going to get a job was if he got the owner alone, away from anyone in the team personnel department, and greased him up like he did with Woody,

Ok, we'll agree to disagree. But one last comment. If you believe Rex signed in Buffalo while SF, Atlanta, Denver and others were interested, I have a bridge in B'Klyn to sell you. There isn't a chance in hell that those teams wouldn't have let Rexs agent know they were interested and there isn't a chance Rex wouldn't have heard them out. That would be stupid, both were better spots than Buffalo and at least could driven his asking price up.

Exactly. This Rex was a hot commodity talk is rewriting history. Atlanta had interest on some level, we'll never know if they really were interested enough to sign Rex and no one else interviewed him. How that translates into hot property I don't know.

That doesn't say anything about Whaley and/or Brandon being there. Rex's interview happened in Boca.

That doesn't say anything about Whaley and/or Brandon being there. Rex's interview happened in 

Here's an excerpt from the article that explains what the Pegulas, Brandon and Whaley had to say

"Not long after the interview with Ryan had concluded the Pegulas along with Brandon and Whaley had reached a consensus rather quickly."

Ok, we'll agree to disagree. But one last comment. If you believe Rex signed in Buffalo while SF, Atlanta, Denver and others were interested, I have a bridge in B'Klyn to sell you. There isn't a chance in hell that those teams wouldn't have let Rexs agent know they were interested and there isn't a chance Rex wouldn't have heard them out. That would be stupid, both were better spots than Buffalo and at least could driven his asking price u

From what I understand,  they all got along very well and he was given a $5.5 million dollar (per year)  five year contract.  Apparently,  he was happy with that

Here's an excerpt from the article that explains what the Pegulas, Brandon and Whaley had to say

"Not long after the interview with Ryan had concluded the Pegulas along with Brandon and Whaley had reached a consensus rather quickly."

That's the Bills website re-writing the story to make it look like Whaley had a say in the matter.

From what I understand,  they all got along very well and he was given a $5.5 million dollar (per year)  five year contract.  Apparently,  he was happy with that

He was thrilled. He should be, no one else was going to make him an offer. No one did.

Archived