Where did Durell Eskridge Go?

varjet

I continue to believe that the Jets need to be developing safeties.  

• I am dubious Pryor makes it, and he could be cut as a bust.
  • Jarrett is not long-term
  • Who knows about Gilcrist
  • Martin is a mystery
  • Antonio Allen's return, to the game and/or the Jets, is another mystery.
  • There have been many successful low round and UDFA safeties in the NFL.  Eskcridge was actually projected to be drafted.

What is the plan here?

Did Eskridge make the PS?  Why did they cut Miles?

It's simple.  Pryor was a 1st round pick last year so he's the starter and that was never in question despite looking completely incompetent.  Maybe this Martin dude is his replacement.

And personally, I like Jarrett.  Kid can play.  Certainly better than Pryor. 

I continue to believe that the Jets need to be developing safeties.

• I am dubious Pryor makes it, and he could be cut as a bust.
  • Jarrett is not long-term
  • Who knows about Gilcrist
  • Martin is a mystery
  • Antonio Allen's return, to the game and/or the Jets, is another mystery.
  • There have been many successful low round and UDFA safeties in the NFL.  Eskcridge was actually projected to be drafted.

What is the plan here?

Just stop please.

Pryor will be the starter all year.Jarrett will be here all year and maybe longer (good Back up)

The HC/GM know about Gilcrist

Eskcridge is a nice story that was not good enough, end of story.

All the draft guys said he definitely should have stayed in school another year.  We do need a free safety in the pipeline but to my knowledge 31 other teams passed on Eskridge for the PS too so he prob ain't the guy.

I'm still holding out hope for Pryor - those Bob Sanders comparisons still give me goosebumps.   Let's see what Gilchrist can do - the Jets were so aggressive in signing him that I think Bowles has some really interesting stuff with his "multiplicity" (KEY WORD!).  The guy's a CB.  He'll be able to come up and play bump and run on random plays, or then fake that and drop back to cover 1/2/3 whatever.  He'll take a TE sometimes, deep half others, maybe even move outside or slot to allow a Skrine Blitz.  I'm excited to see how creative Bowles gets with these guys. And to see if he can get Pryor to develop into a consistent intimidator.

All the draft guys said he definitely should have stayed in school another year.  We do need a free safety in the pipeline but to my knowledge 31 other teams passed on Eskridge for the PS too so he prob ain't the guy.

I'm still holding out hope for Pryor - those Bob Sanders comparisons still give me goosebumps.   Let's see what Gilchrist can do - the Jets were so aggressive in signing him that I think Bowles has some really interesting stuff with his "multiplicity" (KEY WORD!).  The guy's a CB.  He'll be able to come up and play bump and run on random plays, or then fake that and drop back to cover 1/2/3 whatever.  He'll take a TE sometimes, deep half others, maybe even move outside or slot to allow a Skrine Blitz.  I'm excited to see how creative Bowles gets with these guys. And to see if he can get Pryor to develop into a consistent intimidator.

I don't know if you're familiar with Marcus Gilchrist game.   He wasn't that good in coverage at strong  safety last year for the Chargers.    I don't know how him playing at Fs ( more space) is suppose to improve his coverage ability.    Bowles speciality is defense, and he chose Gilchrist for a reason.     Let's see what he sees there , that others are missing.

I don't know if you're familiar with Marcus Gilchrist game.   He wasn't that good in coverage at strong  safety last year for the Chargers.    I don't know how him playing at Fs ( more space) is suppose to improve his coverage ability.    Bowles speciality is defense, and he chose Gilchrist for a reason.     Let's see what he sees there , that others are missing.

He'll be playing back mostly I'm sure - consistent with the position of Free Safety but that versatility will open up some wrinkles here and there for, using my earlier example, a Skrine blitz from the slot.  Once offenses see that kind of thing on tape it will force them to gameplan and devote time to it and may cause miscommunication on hot reads or option routes.

He was not a SS last year.  He was a safety who was very often asked to man up on the other team's top slot receiver.  Go watch the Denver games and the game against the Jets.  He was almost exclusively asked to cover Welker and Kerley.  Had one very good game against Welker, one not-so-good game, and he completely shut down Kerley.  It helped that Geno was off target, but Kerley had a tough time getting separation. 

You can also say what you will about Cumberland's hands, but the dude is one of the faster TE's in the league and Gilchrist stayed in his hip pocket on a deep seam right down the  middle of the field.

I love how people like JIF will actively be rooting for Pryor to be bad so they can be "right".  Comical.

I love how people like nj meadowlands make things up about other people so they can appear to be the better fan on a message board.  Comical.

I'd love nothing more than Calvin Pryor to develop into a Pro Bowl player and to turn into our Troy Polamalu.  In fact, I'm rooting for it to happen and prove me wrong. The problem is, he's currently a terrible Football player and was out played by Jarrett and a player the Jets cut.  Therefore, he should be sitting on the bench watching but he wont be because of where he was drafted.  So lets hope he figures it out because that would be good for the Jets and I like the Jets. 

Sorry that type of truth bothers you and you feel the need to make sh*t up about the person saying it. 

I love how people like nj meadowlands make things up about other people so they can appear to be the better fan on a message board.  Comical.

I'd love nothing more than Calvin Pryor to develop into a Pro Bowl player and to turn into our Troy Polamalu.  In fact, I'm rooting for it to happen and prove me wrong. The problem is, he's currently a terrible Football player and was out played by Jarrett and a player the Jets cut.  Therefore, he should be sitting on the bench watching but he wont be because of where he was drafted.  So lets hope he figures it out because that would be good for the Jets and I like the Jets. 

Sorry that type of truth bothers you and you feel the need to make sh*t up about the person saying it. 

Same thing happens all the time with Geno.  I want him to be the greatest QB of all time, but because I say that completing 55% of  your passes, throwing more INT's than TD's and being named the worst QB in the NFL by a panel of experts is a bad thing, I've been told that I "want him to fail".

Same thing happens all the time with Geno.  I want him to be the greatest QB of all time, but because I say that completing 55% of  your passes, throwing more INT's than TD's and being named the worst QB in the NFL by a panel of experts is a bad thing, I've been told that I "want him to fail".

What does it mean if I've defended Geno and wanted to see him turn it around this season?  What category do I fall into?  What about when I defend guys like Coples and Davis? I was even one of the few that used to defend Kyle Wilson of all players.  

I'm confused and dont know where I stand.  I do love being right on the internet though.  It's a nice feeling.  So torn.

That's a lot of words.  Angry guy.

says the fool who thinks the Jets secondary is a weakness and Revis is on the deep down slide.

Did Eskridge make the PS?  Why did they cut Miles?

It's simple.  Pryor was a 1st round pick last year so he's the starter and that was never in question despite looking completely incompetent.  Maybe this Martin dude is his replacement.

And personally, I like Jarrett.  Kid can play.  Certainly better than Pryor. 

Except that Pryor was not this FOs pick.  I believe that they think Pryor will be a good safety.  Bowles has not opened his bag of tricks yet

Archived