Wilkerson coming off the field on 3rd down

nj meadowlands

I'm thinking conditioning was a problem yesterday, they were moving linemen in/out all day.  In fact it was a little discouraging to hear Leonard Williams say in his post game interview that his conditioning wasn't where it should be.  C'mon kid, you're 21 years old.  The new CBA is really going to hamper the early efforts of many teams and may be a factor in the rash of early injuries.  Just a thought...

I'm thinking conditioning was a problem yesterday, they were moving linemen in/out all day.  In fact it was a little discouraging to hear Leonard Williams say in his post game interview that his conditioning wasn't where it should be.  C'mon kid, you're 21 years old.  The new CBA is really going to hamper the early efforts of many teams and may be a factor in the rash of early injuries.  Just a thought...

This is a common thing across the league though.  I hope you're right and it's conditioning, and not a) a flawed schematic decision or b- a conspiracy to keep Mo off the field in sack situations during his contract dispute

It should be remembered that the defense was on the field an enormous amount of time in the first half. No wonder they were sucking air by the end of the game.

I was discouraged about the lack of pass rush. Sheldon will be welcomed back in open arms. 

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get at least another 4 games from the league that he might be able to appeal down to two.  Either way, we may not get him on the field until after mid-season.

You guys have to remember we lost contain on the QBs. 1st, we let the Brownies convert on WAY TOO MANY 3rd downs in the 1st quarter. Guys are amped up 1st game of the season & it's like being in a fight, your adrenalin saps you very quickly.

With McCown taking off, your in chase mode, now you have huge lineman sprinting down the field. That's exhausting in itself, then you had Manziel come in & he's like chasing a chicken.

We really have to do a better job of containing the QB, we can't have those mistakes vs Luck. Andrew Luck will lose his right arm to carry the Colts to victory next week. We have to control the clock, punch that soft azz team in the mouth & break Luck into taking chances by frustrating him. Let's hope TY is still banged up, Gore left the game with a calf injury, those don't heal in one week.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get at least another 4 games from the league that he might be able to appeal down to two.  Either way, we may not get him on the field until after mid-season.

He should be able to take the league to court. I'm pretty sure he didn't get written notice that fleeing the police at 150mph with a gun, and a kid in a pot smoke filled car could get you suspended.

He should be able to take the league to court. I'm pretty sure he didn't get written notice that fleeing the police at 150mph with a gun, and a kid in a pot smoke filled car could get you suspended.

As I said when Brady was let off...every single player should appeal every single suspension from here on out.

On why Muhammad Wilkerson was selected to receive a game ball…

Mo had a decent ball game. Five tackles, he had an assist, he had a sack, he had a tackle for loss, he had a quarterback hit and a quarterback pressure. He played a good ball game.

I personally didn't like how Wilkerson played.  He was really non existent and sluggish in my view.  Snacks and LWilliams looked awesome.  I know at first glance most people might think LWilliams had a bad game but if you really go back and watch he's really awesome...he's impressive on how he makes his reads, his instincts and athleticism is impressive.  He didnt get a sack but he was chasing qbs and pressuring them a lot yesterday plus playing well against the run while going against a probowl offensive lineman 

Thats why the have the term "Mid season form". It takes a minute for many players. This is why Devin Smith's injury sucks so much. Not only did he miss time to develop continuity with his teammates, but now he must also get used to hitting and being hit, which preseason would have helped with, as well as overall conditioning getting used to going 100% on every play for 3 hours. 

Not everyone comes in like a London Fletcher, dude was a machine. Im not even sure if I ever seen Fletcher break a sweat. Unlike London Fletcher, most people in the league are actual human beings lol. 

you do not play a full game until you play a full game.  A full game of banging and wrestling and what not. I can understand him saying that.  The vets are just too wise to say it to the press.

Thats why the have the term "Mid season form". It takes a minute for many players. This is why Devin Smith's injury sucks so much. Not only did he miss time to develop continuity with his teammates, but now he must also get used to hitting and being hit, which preseason would have helped with, as well as overall conditioning getting used to going 100% on every play for 3 hours. 

Not everyone comes in like a London Fletcher, dude was a machine. Im not even sure if I ever seen Fletcher break a sweat. Unlike London Fletcher, most people in the league are actual human beings lol. 

Maybe not as much for him. He was always going to be one who was on & off the field, particularly this year. The timing with Fitz is going to be more difficult to get right, though. They were both 2nd-team guys when he was last practicing, but it's doubtful that limited exposure will be of much use when the time comes. 

At least we know Ftiz won't be bruising up Smith's ribs further by drilling 70mph fastballs into his chest.

Archived