It's only Gary Myers so it shouldn't bother me but it did

AFJF

And how many of those same throws are we not even attempting this season because quite frankly Fitz's arm is Penningtonesque post injury. Geno gives us that ability to stretch the field and hit the homerun ball. 

You should watch some of the games.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I thought it was about actually winning, but now it's also about actually winning and almost actually winning. Gotcha.

he played 9 games and won 5 of them which is a pace of winning 9 games in a 16 game season or 3 more than Fitz has ever won in a season.

he played 9 games and won 5 of them which is a pace of winning 9 games in a 16 game season or 3 more than Fitz has ever won in a season.

Yeah, but how many times did Fitz give his team a chance to win.  He might be the all-time leader for all we know.

Fitz is not stretching the field, he is throwing the ball up for grabs downfield and luckily it has only produced one INT w/ that throw it up for grabs mentality.

Jump balls to Marshall are a pretty good bet...it's why they're doing it and it's why Gailey is calling it.  More times that not, Marshall wins that battle.  It's smart football.

Watched every single one. Maybe your counting the rainbow jump balls into double/triple coverage to Marshall I'm not. Fitz simply doesn't have the arm that Geno does , and that shouldn't even be up for debate.

Fitz does not have a cannon, but Pennington's deep passes looked like punts.  There's more to playing QB than having a good arm.

Jump balls to Marshall are a pretty good bet...it's why they're doing it and it's why Gailey is calling it.  More times that not, Marshall wins that battle.  It's smart football.

he threw jump balls to Owusu and others too.  I agree throwing it up to Marshall is a good idea but make sure it's in a place only he can get it unlike the INT last week.

Watched every single one. Maybe your counting the rainbow jump balls into double/triple coverage to Marshall I'm not. Fitz simply doesn't have the arm that Geno does , and that shouldn't even be up for debate.

+1 And most of us wanted to see the Geno that ended the season with the Fins last year play this year.. And had he not been a juvenile welsher and paid IK we would have had the answer.. 

he threw jump balls to Owusu and others too.  I agree throwing it up to Marshall is a good idea but make sure it's in a place only he can get it unlike the INT last week.

He threw a deep ball to Owusu and overthrew it...that was not a jump ball.  Unless you're talking about a different one other than the pass into the end zone.

Listening to Philly radio on the drive in this morning and they played a clip of an interview they did with Myers.  They asked him if the Jets were for real and his response was that they're "an ordinary team that plays pretty good defense" and then continued "Let's be serious here, they have Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback".

The guy is a joke and I don't usually care about what he says, but I think it bothered me because he took the time to trash the Jets on a Philly station. 

Knowing how much these particular hosts hate Sanchez, I called in to remind them that this defense is better than the one Sanchez took to the AFCCG and that Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Sanchez by every statistical measure so this team is not currently being overrated IMO.

It's week 2. 

We beat the Browns backup QB, and let's face it, the Jets didn't look good in the 1st half.  We beat the Colts, who I think are in real trouble and out offense did not play well in that one.

BUT.. You can only beat your schedule, and they are 2-0, so screw em.

did you not notice he played really well the final qtr of the season?

Decker was banged up a good portion of the season and was our #1, it's a HUGE difference to have him as our #2 w. a target like Marshall as our #1.  Not to mention the depth that we have at WR. 

So he couldn't hit wide open receivers because Decker had a bad hamstring.  Gotcha.

The INT that Marshall had a shot at but was grabbed by the trailing safety when neither Marshall  nor the CB caught it?

Fitz does not have a cannon, but Pennington's deep passes looked like punts.  There's more to playing QB than having a good arm.

Agreed , and its impressive what Fitz has been doing this season so far w/o that in his arsenal. My fear though is just like with Chad , defenses will start stacking the box and making it harder to run, once that happens we become one dimensional and it becomes an issue. I'd throw out the Indy game as they played with almost no starting DB's. Fitz has to be almost perfect to sustain drives or his D needs to spot him field position, right now those things are happening more regularly than we should realistically expect going forward.

+1 And most of us wanted to see the Geno that ended the season with the Fins last year play this year.. And had he not been a juvenile welsher and paid IK we would have had the answer.. 

To be honest I don't care why he's not playing, just like I don't care why Sheldon's not playing - Let the millionaires sort out their own personal issues. All I know is in my opinion both of these players give us a better opportunity to win and that is what I do care about.

he's right and Fitz is nowhere near as good as Sanchez was and if he is w/ this better D he should lead us to the Super Bowl so let's see it happen.

You amuse me. I remember the days when you were all about Hermy and how we'd rue the day we let him go. You are kind of like the divorced spouse that always looks back saying "ohhhh things were once great, we were so in love things really could have worked if......if......if". Here's reality, there is no "if". The people of the past are gone because they suck or they didn't want us. Sanchez was on the side of sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Myers is a joke. Can't believe he wrote in a book how the Jets missed out on Brady and Manning. Brady was a 6th rounder. 31 other teams missed out on him and I am sure multiple teams talked about drafting him in rounds 5 and 6. As far as Manning goes, who cares? It's not like he came out in the draft and we passed over him. He didn't even declare. Myers is really the ultimate troll and anyone who buys his book is a moron.

Then when they get their shot to play, fail to impress so much that his franchise brings in a guy coming off 2 ACL tears to start immediately.

I was told he played "really well," despite going from 6-2 to 4-4 and leading the league in turnovers at that time.  Both of which are obviously the defense's fault!

Archived