Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

24 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

LOLKnicks.. Why?

They've had him in the D-league all year and an open roster spot to fill since they didn't renew Thanasis. Crazy to say but Fredette has actually been playing pretty great down there since he bombed with New Orleans.

Problem with Fredette is he's a one-dimensional shooter, which is fine so long as you can come in off the bench cold like Novak or Reddick and shoot. Fredette's never been versatile enough to function as anything other than that, but based on everything lately there certainly seems to be a chance that things are finally beginning to click. Really nothing to lose by finding out. We'll see. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They've had him in the D-league all year and an open roster spot an open roster spot to fill since they didn't renew Thanasis. Crazy to say but Fredette has actually been playing pretty great down there.

Problem with Fredette is he's a one-dimensional shooter, which is fine so long as you can come in off the bench cold like Novak or Reddick and shoot. We'll see. 

He's mostly going to be a distraction and he's going to get zero run. He's basically Tim Tebow. Who is he going to play over? If he takes Vujacic's minutes (which should be 0), I get that but there is no reason to be playing him over Grant. Grant needs to get experience. This team befuddles me.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's mostly going to be a distraction and he's going to get zero run. He's basically Tim Tebow. Who is he going to play over? If he takes Vujacic's minutes (which should be 0), I get that but there is no reason to be playing him over Grant. Grant needs to get experience. This team befuddles me.

They had an open roster spot to fill and a prospect that's been playing very well in the minors. Perhaps it's worth seeing what they do first before complaining? Just a thought.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Perhaps it's worth seeing what they do first before complaining? Just a thought.

That's the thing. They don't have any semblance of a plan. The rotations are ridiculous, the trying for the playoffs is not happening, and they now add a distraction for no real reason.

What boggles is that none of the writers took Jax to task when he said he didnt have assets to trade when he acquired every single player on the roster.

Now the writers are crediting Jax for not giving up the 2018 1st rounder. No sh*t. He should be at least acquiring 1st rounders.

17 minutes ago, SMC said:

What boggles is that none of the writers took Jax to task when he said he didnt have assets to trade when he acquired every single player on the roster.

Now the writers are crediting Jax for not giving up the 2018 1st rounder. No sh*t. He should be at least acquiring 1st rounders.

Amazing how the Knicks just trade away #1 picks like nothing.  2018 is our next #1 pick?  Geez!  No wonder why this franchise stinks every year.  We had our #1 last year and got Porzingis at least.  I know we can sign a max free agent next year (hopefully Durant).  Maybe trading Melo is the move to replenish draft picks (or trade for young players).  Porzingis is the future and I don't think Melo will be in his prime still when things (hopefully) get rolling.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Amazing how the Knicks just trade away #1 picks like nothing.  2018 is our next #1 pick?  Geez!  No wonder why this franchise stinks every year.  We had our #1 last year and got Porzingis at least.  I know we can sign a max free agent next year (hopefully Durant).  Maybe trading Melo is the move to replenish draft picks (or trade for young players).  Porzingis is the future and I don't think Melo will be in his prime still when things (hopefully) get rolling.

We have a 2017, we couldn't trade it because of the Stepian rule. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Question for the NBA knowledgeable on here.  If the draft were re-done, where would Porzingis go?  1st overall?  2nd behind Towns?  Or would he still go somewhere in the 3-5 range because other rookies have more potential?

Towns still goes first. He's been amazing. Considering how he's handled NY I think LA would take Porzingis without hesitating. Knicks probably wind up with Turner or Booker. Okafor is great and has put up numbers but considering the fact that he's an insane person he probably falls down to the bottom of the top ten. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Towns still goes first. He's been amazing. Considering how he's handled NY I think LA would take Porzingis without hesitating. Knicks probably wind up with Turner or Booker. Okafor is great and has put up numbers but considering the fact that he's an insane person he probably falls down to the bottom of the top ten. 

I think top 3 is Towns, KP and Russell. Hinkie was desperate for Russell and any issues with Russell can be rationalized as Kobe/Byron Effect.

I think Knicks go Mudiay at 4 consider the chasm at PG, even with how good Turner and Booker have been.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Towns still goes first. He's been amazing. Considering how he's handled NY I think LA would take Porzingis without hesitating. Knicks probably wind up with Turner or Booker. Okafor is great and has put up numbers but considering the fact that he's an insane person he probably falls down to the bottom of the top ten

Wow.  And I remember really wanting the Knicks to get Okafor.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

I think top 3 is Towns, KP and Russell. Hinkie was desperate for Russell and any issues with Russell can be rationalized as Kobe/Byron Effect.

I think Knicks go Mudiay at 4 consider the chasm at PG, even with how good Turner and Booker have been.

Russell definitely goes three. Given how Booker runs point I don't think Phil would take Mudiay over him at this point. Not if he's still stuck on the triangle bullsh*t at least.

22 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Russell definitely goes three. Given how Booker runs point I don't think Phil would take Mudiay over him at this point. Not if he's still stuck on the triangle bullsh*t at least.

Mudiay has looked great this past month. Jason Kidd says he will be better than him.

46 minutes ago, SMC said:

Its comical that Jax was desperate to trade Calderon by trade deadline, when Calderon was a key component in Jax's first trade. What a disaster that was.

Williams' contract takes the cake for his tenure so far. $4.5 per? Really? Who were we bidding against with that? I feel like his agent just went in with an absurdly high number and Phil was just like OK sounds great!

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Williams' contract takes the cake for his tenure so far. $4.5 per? Really? Who were we bidding against with that? I feel like his agent just went in with an absurdly high number and Phil was just like OK sounds great!

Williams Agent: Phil, we want $4.5 mil per, but we're willing to...

Jax: Deal.

BTW, Anthony Davis with a Wilt box score: 59 points 20 boards. Holy crap

33 minutes ago, SMC said:

Williams Agent: Phil, we want $4.5 mil per, but we're willing to...

Jax: Deal.

BTW, Anthony Davis with a Wilt box score: 59 points 20 boards. Holy crap

That and Westbrook's dunk. What a day.

Are Westbrook and Durant the most exciting duo ever to not lock up a title? It's either them or Stockton and Malone.

On 2/18/2016 at 3:54 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Same thing every time. Another trade deadline comes and goes, another groundhog sees a stupid hat-shaped shadow and ducks for cover, another year of this ******* retarded assclown. Sanchez didn't get this many chances to stop sucking and his jersey was tattooed on the coach's arm. I think I quit. Yeah. I quit.

melo-all-star-game.jpg

He has literally ruined the NBA and the Knicks for me.  As much as I love watching Porzigs, Melo sucks the joy right out. 

17 minutes ago, SMC said:

You can't make this stuff up.

Plus, Isola is reporting that partly the reason for the Knicks to getting rid of Hardaway was because he and Fisher were dating the same woman.

Early's girl too. And the rumor is he pursued that one after Early got shot.

Windhorst has been on the Jr thing for a while. It's legit. Certainly explains why Hardaway was in Fisher's doghouse all of last year for seemingly no reason. Such a skeevy dude.

Archived