Your 2015-2016 New York Knicks--Melo, KP, Fisher, Barnes & Gloria

SMC

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That is a really tough call and it would depend entirely on the condition and time of year. Resale value depends on a bunch of factors, but ballparking it generally; beat up a couple hundred bucks. Deadstock with the box and hangtag would probably fetch about 2k.

Worth noting they would take while to move. OG 1's someone would be purchasing strictly as a collector's item and not for wear.

wow.  I got mine for summer league, and the first time I wore them there was a legit murmur in the crowd, lol

I looked over the whole series and I have to say they are still the best

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Larz said:

wow.  I got mine for summer league, and the first time I wore them there was a legit murmur in the crowd, lol

I looked over the whole series and I have to say they are still the best

1's, 3's, 4's, 11's, and 13's are all atop my list, depends on what mood I'm in. I have good memories associated with all the editions. 13's are without question the most comfortable, however.

Gun to head if I absolutely had to pick one I'd probably go with the white cement 3's. Timeless shoe that goes with anything.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmdaiet9M91qgo4oio1_500.jpg

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Knicks, Celtics and Cavs in early discussion of 3 team trade. Melo to Cavs, Love to Celtics and pics to Knicks, likely including Nets 1st rounder.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-melo-veto-deal-send-cavs-article-1.2530306?cid=bitly

Obviously this would be amazing but does anybody really buy LeBron thinks the difference between Melo and Love (assuming for the sake of argument that it's even positive) is gonna put him over Golden State?

48 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Obviously this would be amazing but does anybody really buy LeBron thinks the difference between Melo and Love (assuming for the sake of argument that it's even positive) is gonna put him over Golden State?

The only angle is that LeBron hates Love and he and Melo are genuinely BFFs.

10 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Lebrons an idiot, so yes.

The NBA is such a strange ilk. Listening to everyone's comments about Fisher, from Melo to Durant to Kobe, it's not even the whole not dissing a former teammate in public, it's just the whole pretending like the Barnes stuff isn't weird as sh*t and he didn't try to **** Cleanthony's girl after he got shot. "Well he had a good run but nobody lasts anywhere forever so what can you do?" It's all so lame.

On 2/13/2016 at 0:17 PM, Matt39 said:

You think he knows what he's doing as a GM? The JR deal gives me hope he doesn't.

I don't even know why we would be in this trade. Assuming you're done with Love, if you can get Crowder and Smart and a high lottery pick for him I don't see why you don't just do that. It would be pretty funny if LeBron made the Carmelo deal and then bolted at the end of the year.

On February 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM, SMC said:

Knicks, Celtics and Cavs in early discussion of 3 team trade. Melo to Cavs, Love to Celtics and pics to Knicks, likely including Nets 1st rounder.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-melo-veto-deal-send-cavs-article-1.2530306?cid=bitly

Too good to be true.  We are stuck with that turd Melo til the day he dies.  Hate him soooo much. 

7 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He's not clueless at all. He basically has to get out in front of it whenever this stuff flares up. It's better for the brand if he doesn't get traded because he says so instead of because we just plain can't.

Its true, he's not clueless since winnining means absolutely nothing to him.

I still don't understand whyJax gave Melo $124 million AND a no trade clause

16 hours ago, SMC said:

Its true, he's not clueless since winnining means absolutely nothing to him.

I still don't understand whyJax gave Melo $124 million AND a no trade clause

Can you blame Melo for liking his current situation? His contract makes him more untradeable than the NTC does anyways..

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Not even gonna try for picks, eh? Just going all-in on future FAs. Awesome. This worked out swell when Walsh tried it.

They want enough cap room to offer a max deal this offseason.  The cap is increasing by a lot but the exact number isn't known yet.

Maybe some player finally grows a pair of balls and tries to win in NY. So sick of seeing everyone go to LA or San Antonio the front running p-ssies

I have heard zero with the Knicks. And really, what can they do anyway? Their [tradeable] talent level isn't that good," one rival general manager said.

If the Knicks do want to go after an upgrade at point guard, the Atlanta Hawks would likely make Jeff Teague available. But even that would involved a draft pick, likely in the first round. Due to league rules, the Knicks can't be without a first-round pick for two straight years, meaning the earliest first-rounder that could be dealt for Teague would be from 2018—a year after he's scheduled to hit free agency. Per the New York post:

"I would not try to get a quick fix right now unless you can get a Teague," he said. "If you're giving up future draft picks, you better make sure that player is going to be on your roster when the pick comes to fruition. You're not guaranteed Jeff Teague [who will become a free agent in 2017] is going to be on your roster in 2018, if that's the pick they would trade. So that puts pressure on you with the acquisition. You say, 'We traded a pick, we've got to re-sign him.'"

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Same thing every time. Another trade deadline comes and goes, another groundhog sees a stupid hat-shaped shadow and ducks for cover, another year of this ******* retarded assclown. Sanchez didn't get this many chances to stop sucking and his jersey was tattooed on the coach's arm. I think I quit. Yeah. I quit.

melo-all-star-game.jpg

You cant fire the owner. He'll always be the problem with the franchise.

There is just no way we're having a chance at Westbrook. No way. Kristaps isn't enough to sway a dude that literally the entire league is going to be competing for. What kind of lunatic would choose to play for this franchise in that scenario? He'll get max deal offers from everyone and he's already Jordan's signature player so we couldn't even play the New York angle.

Archived