The Jets have the # 1 Defense in the NFL

ARodJetsFan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I said, the Jets have a once in a decade defense. They better win it all this year, because some of the players won't be around next year 

Most of the players on this team are under contract for a couple more years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the players on this team are under contract for a couple more years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't count on seeing much of Richardson next season once his punishment comes down, won't devastate us but it will be felt for sure.

The Jets have surpassed the Denver Broncos as the number one defense in the NFL - # 1 in total defense, # 1 in points allowed and 3rd in rushing defense.

This is what the Jets have been missing.

We just have to take better care of the football on Offense and this team can be special.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Thank God for Ground and Pound and all that stuff.......  oh wait. 

you think Sanchez in 2009 is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2015?

Sanchez 2009 didn't have this offense w/ a Brandon Marshall.  what he did do was have a good rookie year and elevated his play in postseason.  we'll se if Fitz can do that.

Sanchez 2009 didn't have this offense w/ a Brandon Marshall.  what he did do was have a good rookie year and elevated his play in postseason.  we'll se if Fitz can do that.

the offense with braylon edwards was almost as good.  they did have the best offense line in football in 2009.  sanchez definitely had a very good rookie year. 

the offense with braylon edwards was almost as good.  they did have the best offense line in football in 2009.  sanchez definitely had a very good rookie year. 

no it wasn't, Braylon was nowhere near as good as Marshall AND a rookie QB learning a new offense had to get to know Braylon after we acquired him after week 4.  he didn't have all offseason to get on the same page, he didn't know the system inside and out like Fitz did.

no it wasn't, Braylon was nowhere near as good as Marshall AND a rookie QB learning a new offense had to get to know Braylon after we acquired him after week 4.  he didn't have all offseason to get on the same page, he didn't know the system inside and out like Fitz did.

whatever.  you're changing the subject.  i'm not arguing with you about Marshall vs Edwards or the 2009 vs 2015 offense.  

i don't agree with your first post that 2015 Fitzpatrick isn't better than 2009 Sanchez.  

whatever.  you're changing the subject.  i'm not arguing with you about Marshall vs Edwards or the 2009 vs 2015 offense.  

i don't agree with your first post that 2015 Fitzpatrick isn't better than 2009 Sanchez.  

How am I changing anything? these all have to be factored in.

Fitz is a vet, Mark was a rookie.  he gets the edge there but as a rookie in the playoffs Mark played w/ no fear. Fitz has never even played a big game in December let alone a playoff game so we'll see how this season ends.  I hope even better than 2009 or 2010.

That Broncos pass rush is scary and its not like they dont have a stacked secondary.  We might be better by the #'s but when you watch the D in Denver...they are nasty.  They are carrying that team.  Manning is miserable and keeps putting them in terrible positions but they keep finding a way to win for that team.  It's impressive. 

How am I changing anything? these all have to be factored in.

Fitz is a vet, Mark was a rookie.  he gets the edge there but as a rookie in the playoffs Mark played w/ no fear. Fitz has never even played a big game in December let alone a playoff game so we'll see how this season ends.  I hope even better than 2009 or 2010.

the 2009 offense was pretty damn good too.  not at the WR position, but the OLine was the best in the entire NFL.  #1 team in rushing.

the 2009 offense was pretty damn good too.  not at the WR position, but the OLine was the best in the entire NFL.  #1 team in rushing.

Sanchez killed them...that's an 11-12 win team with Fitz at QB IMO.

the D was very good, not as talented as this group but very good.  we were #1 ranked in rushing but those #s are a bit misleading.  we had a good/very good rush O not great.  we skewed #s against some awful rush Ds.

Sanchez killed them...that's an 11-12 win team with Fitz at QB IMO.

yep, a guy who has never won more than 6 would have won 11-12.  come on now.  there's a reason Fitz has been on 7 different teams.

similar talent the year before w/ easier sched and no Brady w/ HOF QB we won 9 games but Fitz was going to win 11-12 in 2009?

the D was very good, not as talented as this group but very good.  we were #1 ranked in rushing but those #s are a bit misleading.  we had a good/very good rush O not great.  we skewed #s against some awful rush Ds.

yep, a guy who has never won more than 6 would have won 11-12.  come on now.  there's a reason Fitz has been on 7 different teams.

similar talent the year before w/ easier sched and no Brady w/ HOF QB we won 9 games but Fitz was going to win 11-12 in 2009?

Fitz has 4 wins this season, how many does Sanchez have?

there are multiple reasons and soon he will be playing.  he cannot possibly stick w/ Bradford much longer no matter how much he doesn't want to admit the Bradford experiment failed.

Funny that an offensive minded coach like Chip Kelly is sticking with a guy on pace for 25+ INT's over Sanchez and the only way Sanchez gets to play is if he ups that pace to 30 or gets hurt.

Fitz is 4-1 while Sanchez can't get a starting gig. 

Funny that an offensive minded coach like Chip Kelly is sticking with a guy on pace for 25+ INT's over Sanchez and the only way Sanchez gets to play is if he ups that pace to 30 or gets hurt.

Fitz is 4-1 while Sanchez can't get a starting gig. 

that offensive minded guy overpaid him to stay as the backup too and sanchez played MUCH better last year than Bradford has this year.  mark will get another shot, he could have become a FA and started on a bad team.  he knew he'd eventually get another shot w/ philly but rigt now Kelly is too stubborn to make a change.

Mark was 9-2 in 2010, what is your point?

fitz is 4-1 having played one good game.

that offensive minded guy overpaid him to stay as the backup too and sanchez played MUCH better last year than Bradford has this year.  mark will get another shot, he could have become a FA and started on a bad team.  he knew he'd eventually get another shot w/ philly but rigt now Kelly is too stubborn to make a change.

Mark was 9-2 in 2010, what is your point?

fitz is 4-1 having played one good game.

My point is that there are very few good NFL QB's right now.  If Sanchez was one of them, somebody would have given him a boatload of money to start.

Fitz has 4 wins, Sanchez is riding the pine.

My point is that there are very few good NFL QB's right now.  If Sanchez was one of them, somebody would have given him a boatload of money to start.

Fitz has 4 wins, Sanchez is riding the pine.

Philly signed him before he could become a FA or he'd be starting somewhere.  In philly they are calling for Mark, I saw articles where in dallas and DC they wish they had Mark and others do as well. 

Fitz was 4-1 in 2011 too, how did that end up? when Mark was 4-1 he helped us reach a title game.  Let this thing play out.

Philly signed him before he could become a FA or he'd be starting somewhere.  In philly they are calling for Mark, I saw articles where in dallas and DC they wish they had Mark and others do as well. 

Fitz was 4-1 in 2011 too, how did that end up? when Mark was 4-1 he helped us reach a title game.  Let this thing play out.

If other teams wanted him and he wanted to start, they could've had him.  He's got no heart if his goal is to sit on the bench to pick up a check.

How mad are you gonna' be if this Jets team makes the playoffs? 

If other teams wanted him and he wanted to start, they could've had him.  He's got no heart if his goal is to sit on the bench to pick up a check.

How mad are you gonna' be if this Jets team makes the playoffs? 

he chose to stay in a great situation rather than go start for a crappy team.  what is wrong w/ that? he will basically get one more shot, if he fails he will be a career backup.

probably as mad as you were when mark was helping us reach title games.

he chose to stay in a great situation rather than go start for a crappy team.  what is wrong w/ that? he will basically get one more shot, if he fails he will be a career backup.

probably as mad as you were when mark was helping us reach title games.

Right, that's what I said.  He chose to be a back up to pick up a check rather than having to play to earn it.  I'm guessing at least 25 teams would have been banging down his door in FA.  Surely one of them would have been SB bound with Sanchez under center.

I was thrilled...it was magical to watch a team come out and overcome a plethora of more INT's than TD's and pathetic completion percentages to still win games.  With Fitzy, that team is a lot better.

Time to move on though...Sanchez on the pine, Fitz starting and winning games.

Right, that's what I said.  He chose to be a back up to pick up a check rather than having to play to earn it.  I'm guessing at least 25 teams would have been banging down his door in FA.  Surely one of them would have been SB bound with Sanchez under center.

I was thrilled...it was magical to watch a team come out and overcome a plethora of more INT's than TD's and pathetic completion percentages to still win games.  With Fitzy, that team is a lot better.

Time to move on though...Sanchez on the pine, Fitz starting and winning games.

a guy that won 5-6 games late in 2010 through the sir or we wouldn't have made the playoffs but yeah we'd be better w/ a guy that has never won more than 6 games in a season.

I am rooting for Fitz, I have moved on but I won't allow people to change history.  I hope Fitz plays like he did last week rather than the first 4 games where he tried to lose games.

Archived