The Uncalled

Integrity28

The 3rd and 17 defensive stand.

Pace gets around the offensive tackle, and has a clear run at Brady. Before the ball is released, the OT tackles Pace from behind rather than letting him get to the QB. I could only grab a screen shot of after they were on the ground.

Go to the 1:00 minute mark here to see it in video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap3000000565990/Jets-vs-Patriots-highlights

72r2xe.jpg

It happened all game long.  That one had me screaming at the top of my lungs.

Stupid play call on D though.  You cant let those guys get off the line that clean and only send a 4 man rush.  Brady and co. will eat you alive.  

The coaches got too conservative i the 4th and then when they didnt, they left Gronk uncoverd for the game winner.  haha

Personally, I learned a new nuance of pass interference.  On that endzone attempt to Cumberland, the DB grabbed his arm before the ball got there.  Cumberland can barely catch with 2 hands, much less with one.  But according to Fouts, this was a "great play", perfectly defended.

I guess you learn something new every day!

Personally, I learned a new nuance of pass interference.  On that endzone attempt to Cumberland, the DB grabbed his arm before the ball got there.  Cumberland can barely catch with 2 hands, much less with one.  But according to Fouts, this was a "great play", perfectly defended.

I guess you learn something new every day!

That was a PI...in slow motion but in game speed I missed it too. 

The specific one I remember was on Richardson.  He was coming clean around the left end and the guy got his hand under his collar and he went by and tackled him.  They showed it clearly on TV. 

Yes. I don't have time to find video clips of everything I made mental note of... the big ones:

- PI on Cumberland

- PI on either Devin or Cumberland on our drive before they went up to 30, we had two throws up the sideline and on one of them the DB blantantly was holding the jersey from behind

- The horsecollar hold, which I think is the one you're talking about here

- The one I showed above

All of them at pivotal moments, which influenced the game outcome.

That was a PI...in slow motion but in game speed I missed it too. 

I didn't need the slow motion for that one, it was pretty blatant. Wasn't even bang-bang as they like to say. The receivers arms were up to make a 2-handed catch, then his one arm was yanked down before the ball got there. This was probably the most glaring non-call of the day.

I didn't need the slow motion for that one, it was pretty blatant. Wasn't even bang-bang as they like to say. The receivers arms were up to make a 2-handed catch, then his one arm was yanked down before the ball got there. This was probably the most glaring non-call of the day.

I think the size difference threw off the officials. But in slow mo it was definitely a PI. 

Yes that one. LOL - I just think in game speed its tough to see. I could be wrong. Did the coaching staff complain?

I have seen you mention this a couple time now.  I dont think that is the MO of this coaching staff.  We handle what we do, not what others do.

I think we should take the same MO. Game was a fight but I refuse to blame officials for a loss. Loser's mentality.

Its funny because on that sack by pace i thought i could see the OLine coach yell from the pats sideline "WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO HOLD THAT GUY?!?!?!"

I think the size difference threw off the officials. But in slow mo it was definitely a PI. 

Size difference?

Jets-Patriots-Footbal_Byun-1024x782.jpg

This should have been a no brainer. The ball is just arriving, with the tip hitting Cumby in the numbers. Chung's hand is across Cumby's wrist and this is obviously a still taken after he ripped his hand down, before the ball got there.

It wasn't even close.

Oh, here it is a tick before the last picture...

657040-first-half-84dac.jpg

Chung has his wrist hooked and pulled down well before the ball gets there. This shows the ball upon arrival, with Cumby's left hand up to cradle it... and his right arm is already pulled way out of position.

But yeah, it's because he's tall.

Chung has his wrist hooked and pulled down well before the ball gets there. This shows the ball upon arrival, with Cumby's left hand up to cradle it... and his right arm is already pulled way out of position.

The back judge and the sideline ref were both right there too.  Ridiculous. 

The back judge and the sideline ref were both right there too.  Ridiculous. 

The throw was dropped in a bucket perfectly too... it was a great play, the only way there were going to stop it was with an uncalled penalty.

A lot of times this stuff is tough to call in real time, that's why their trained referees making a lot of money to work  one day a  week.  While replay's was obviously a no brainer I think it's really made the refs lazy and too reliant on it.  I used to think HDTV and all the new camera angles were making it look  like the refereeing has gotten worse when it's always been bad but the  reality is the refs have gotten worse and  like I said, part of it is the  reliance on replay. 

I agree, but I think the gist of the thread is just how God awful the officiating in the NFL is every game, every week.In a word, these guys suck.

Partially yes, the other part is about the home cookin' in Foxboro.

Tall makes it easier to see. Tall, the pass is high, Cumberland is jumping. The only part of Chung that is near the ball is his arm pulling down Cumberland's arm. It required such a blatant PI to be committed that his hand is literally wrapped around Cumberland's forearm.

And the stills don't even show how bad it was because they don't show the arm getting pulled down by Chung's, on its way down. Only the before and after. So as damning as your stills are, it was even worse.

Or maybe they were right, up in the booth. Maybe this is just textbook great pass defense. lol

Archived