Owusu injured again Ivory questionable for Sunday

joewilly12

Walter Powell was released. Right now the Jets have 10 players on the PS and 9 of them are defensive players, the other is a blocking TE and here's his draft profile   http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/wes-saxton?id=2552404

Owusu is such a big disappointment for this Jets fan, I really thought he was going to be something instead he's just another one of thnose Jets WRs like we've been drafting since Woody took over the team let's see now, here they are... 

2000 Vern Coles, Windrell Hayes 2001- Sideline Santana Moss 2002,and 2003, 2004 ,Jerricho Cotchery 2005- Harry Williams 2006-2007- Chansi Stuckey 2008- Marcus Henry-2009-2010-2011- Jeremy Kerley, Scotty McKnight, 2012- Steven Hill, Jordan White, 2013-2014- Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, Quincy Enunwa 2015- Devin Smith

Talk about a sorry state of affairs-I don't think the Jets should ever draft another WR-like EVER, sign a proven one like we have been doing

With or without Ivory we lack adequate depth a healthy Ivory or a decent backup we win that game Sunday vs the Patriots 

Where is Lamont Jordan when you need him?

I wanted Duke Johnson, he would have been a PERFECT compliment to Ivory. Great hands out of the backfield.

Yea, I think we all did, and I think that's maybe who we thought we could get when we dropped back in the 3rd. I'm still cool with our pick though.

I wanted Duke Johnson, he would have been a PERFECT compliment to Ivory. Great hands out of the backfield.

RBs are easier to pick up than LBs who can get to the QB.  We will need Mauldin more than a complement at RB.  Can fill every need in a draft

Walter Powell was released. Right now the Jets have 10 players on the PS and 9 of them are defensive players, the other is a blocking TE and here's his draft profile   http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/wes-saxton?id=2552404

Owusu is such a big disappointment for this Jets fan, I really thought he was going to be something instead he's just another one of thnose Jets WRs like we've been drafting since Woody took over the team let's see now, here they are... 

2000 Vern Coles, Windrell Hayes 2001- Sideline Santana Moss 2002,and 2003, 2004 ,Jerricho Cotchery 2005- Harry Williams 2006-2007- Chansi Stuckey 2008- Marcus Henry-2009-2010-2011- Jeremy Kerley, Scotty McKnight, 2012- Steven Hill, Jordan White, 2013-2014- Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, Quincy Enunwa 2015- Devin Smith

Talk about a sorry state of affairs-I don't think the Jets should ever draft another WR-like EVER, sign a proven one like we have been doing

Did you read Wes Saxton's draft profile?  You posted it and say he is a "blocking TE"?  The draft profile says "Move TE only"  He can't block!

Strengths:  Very quick into his route off the snap. Sticks a foot in the ground and opens up quickly to offer quarterback a clean target with good catch radius. Willing to extend and make tough catches in traffic. Too quick for many linebackers on intermediate routes. Former high school receiver who shows some suddenness out of breaks. Hands-catcher. Traits to be a matchup problem on next level.

Weaknesses: Move tight end only. Appears to lack the toughness to play in-line. Poor effort as a run blocker and offers no power to secure edge or get movement.

I'm also not sure what your disappointment with Owusu has to do with the Jets record drafting at WR.  Owusu was a FA that they got from Tampa.  He was an UDFA coming out of Stanford, likely because of his concussion history.  He was on a few practice squads and played some games with Tampa. You can't ONLY sign proven guys, unless you want to sign Terrell Owens to be your #3.  If you did, you would not be alone around here.

Owusu is better than Powell but unfortunately he may be done w/ his concussions. 

How many concussions has this guy had now. It's scary stuff, and in his case it seems to happen so easily... I've liked that he's shown some potential, but the guy should really listen to his body.

How many concussions has this guy had now. It's scary stuff, and in his case it seems to happen so easily... I've liked that he's shown some potential, but the guy should really listen to his body.

I think he is up to 5, I think it's time to call it a career unfortunately.  I really like this guy but he can't keep coming back and getting more concussions.

Chris Ivory (hamstring) insists he feels "fine."

Ivory is practicing in full for Week 8, so the coaching staff must believe him. Ivory was a massive Week 7 bust after pulling up lame on his first carry, but he played through the issue in New England. Running as well as anyone in the league, Ivory is an every-week RB1.

Archived