Wes Welker signed by Rams. Seriously.

Jetsfan80

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000576758/article/wes-welker-signs-with-st-louis-rams

Wes Welker signs with St. Louis Rams

Wes Welker is back.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the former Patriots and Broncos wideout signed a deal with the St. Louis Rams, per a source informed of the team's plans. Coach Jeff Fisher later confirmed the addition during a meeting with reporters.

Welker's one-year deal allows him to earn, along with his base salary, up to $700K in incentives, based on playing time and catches, Rapoport added, per a source involved with the negotiations.

Welker worked out Monday for the Rams amid word that receiver Stedman Bailey will serve a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Welker hasn't appeared in a game since catching two passes last season for 42 yards against the Raiders in Week 17. A string of concussions sunk Welker's career with the Broncos, but the Rams haven't forgotten how productive the 34-year-old pass-catcher was during six outstanding campaigns with the Patriots.

"We've done physicals, we've done everything," Fisher said Monday of Welker, adding: "I think he'll eventually move some chains for us."

The Rams need all the help they can get through the air. Outside of Tavon Austin, St. Louis doesn't have a single player with more than 20 catches. If Welker can still play, he could see plenty of snaps for a team in need of a spark.

Dee Milliner, who I think we took with the pick right after ? If I'm not mistaken.

oh, lol, he hasn't earned acronym status... in defense of that draft though, Sheldon, Deandre Hopkins and Eifert (only this year) are the only guys I remember from that first round that play like first rounders. That draft sucked.

oh, lol, he hasn't earned acronym status... in defense of that draft though, Sheldon, Deandre Hopkins and Eifert (only this year) are the only guys I remember from that first round that play like first rounders. That draft sucked.

And I'm pretty sure everyone knew it at the time too. Weak draft. I was never high on Eifert either but have to give him respect for this year, he's come on pretty strong. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000576758/article/wes-welker-signs-with-st-louis-rams

Wes Welker signs with St. Louis Rams

Wes Welker is back.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the former Patriots and Broncos wideout signed a deal with the St. Louis Rams, per a source informed of the team's plans. Coach Jeff Fisher later confirmed the addition during a meeting with reporters.

Welker's one-year deal allows him to earn, along with his base salary, up to $700K in incentives, based on playing time and catches, Rapoport added, per a source involved with the negotiations.

Welker worked out Monday for the Rams amid word that receiver Stedman Bailey will serve a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Welker hasn't appeared in a game since catching two passes last season for 42 yards against the Raiders in Week 17. A string of concussions sunk Welker's career with the Broncos, but the Rams haven't forgotten how productive the 34-year-old pass-catcher was during six outstanding campaigns with the Patriots.

"We've done physicals, we've done everything," Fisher said Monday of Welker, adding: "I think he'll eventually move some chains for us."

The Rams need all the help they can get through the air. Outside of Tavon Austin, St. Louis doesn't have a single player with more than 20 catches. If Welker can still play, he could see plenty of snaps for a team in need of a spark.

Joe W Namath says we can't post about other teams or players so I can't respond this this nonsense

Archived