Vlad Ducasse and Matt Slauson starting bears oline

Bcess

Matt Slauson got a ridiculous amount of hate from posters on these boards.

Good to see that he has had a long career despite the Jets message board "experts".  A bit like Danny Woodhead in that regard.  Danny is still collecting an NFL paycheck the last time I looked.  What is Joe McKnight doing for a living nowadays?

Good to see that he has had a long career despite the Jets message board "experts".  A bit like Danny Woodhead in that regard.  Danny is still collecting an NFL paycheck the last time I looked.  What is Joe McKnight doing for a living nowadays?

joe McKnight just parked my car.....

Vlad is still a disaster, but letting go of Slauson was a mistake. He's every bit the player Carpenter is at 2/3 the price.

When they let him go I thought it was the right move.  I assumed Ducasse was ready and I expected Slauson to get more money.  With the contract he signed it was a total mistake.  I think his first deal was a low cost for one year.

Slauson doesn't surprise me. I thought we should have re-signed him. When you develop an O-lineman you try to hold onto them. It wasn't really for that much money. As for Vlad. I didn't get a chance to really watch the Bears game last night. Their passing game obviously had some success. That was Vlad's weak point. He was always ok in run blocking but DEs could go right around him. Maybe he's gotten better. 

When they let him go I thought it was the right move.  I assumed Ducasse was ready and I expected Slauson to get more money.  With the contract he signed it was a total mistake.  I think his first deal was a low cost for one year.

It's rare for anyone to get outsmarted by the Bears, but here we are.

He's a Bulimia coach now.. 9k=9k=

Archived