Time for Fitzpatrick to Step up Against Rex

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   Through the first eight games of the 2015 season, Ryan Fitzpatrick has spent a good deal of time silencing his doubters under center for the New York Jets. He has led the team to a 5-3 start, throwing 13 touchdowns, rushing for another, while tossing 7 interceptions.  With numbers like those, he […]

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's a different QB now.  Knows his strengths and weaknesses, much more experienced, doesn't have the pressure of the huge contract.

Could be the case.  I just hope he gets a little help from the running game.

Could be the case.  I just hope he gets a little help from the running game.

Agreed, getting something out of the running game is going to be key.  Fitz is solid but he's not going to win us the game with his arm alone.  The running game and defense are huge this week.

By Glenn Naughton   Through the first eight games of the 2015 season, Ryan Fitzpatrick has spent a good deal of time silencing his doubters under center for the New York Jets. He has led the team to a 5-3 start, throwing 13 touchdowns, rushing for another, while tossing 7 interceptions.  With numbers like those, he […]

Click here to read the full story...

a little note on the article.

Mark Sanchez bested Fitzpatrick and the Bills, but not by much.  A mediocre Buffalo defense held Sanchez to 104 yards through the air on 7-15 passing, so as was the case in many of Ryan’s victories, it was due largely in part to his defense and running game being able to overcome horrific quarterback play.

this game Sanchez got HURT in and didn't finish. Mark played only into the first drive of the 2nd half and remember this was the game where this happened:

93830844_crop_150x100.jpg?1281473702 

this would have been a LONG TD and the #s much better.  Let's try to be fair and those Ds were more responsible for losses than the QB, how many late game leads did they blow those years?

also, Glenn took the time to bash Sanchez for a game he barely played but didn't mention him in the 28-24 win where Fitz played his best against us where Mark had 4 TDs including a late game TD to win the game for us.

Agreed, getting something out of the running game is going to be key.  Fitz is solid but he's not going to win us the game with his arm alone.  The running game and defense are huge this week.

he can w/ the way he has been playing and w/ the weapons.  I think it's more important that Marshall is close to 100% than w/ getting a great game from Ivory.  we need more than 23 carries, 26 yds but we don't need early season Ivory.

I've got a bad feeling that our running game is stuck, and it aint gonna improve on Thursday. We've got to try someone else besides Ivory once in a while - just to change things up, and I'm not talking about Stacy. Need somebody fast that can break one.... Ivory isn't what he was, it's not just the blocking. He's hesitating a bit, he's a tad slower, goes down a tad easier... 

this game Sanchez got HURT in and didn't finish. Mark played only into the first drive of the 2nd half and remember this was the game where this happened:

this would have been a LONG TD and the #s much better.  Let's try to be fair and those Ds were more responsible for losses than the QB, how many late game leads did they blow those years?

also, Glenn took the time to bash Sanchez for a game he barely played but didn't mention him in the 28-24 win where Fitz played his best against us where Mark had 4 TDs including a late game TD to win the game for us.

that game was in toronto i was there - i thought it was 4thQ when kellen came in?  My seats were close enough that mark heard me and looked up when he was walking across the end zone for the tunnel - I yelled "Hey Sanchez you want me to get you a hot dog?"

also remember the braylon drop.  And the Revis pic that sealed it.

Rex's " personal super bowls' haven't worked out for him in a few years, the Pats and Giants usually slap him around nowadays…mostly because his team gets 5 thousand penalty yards. I expect the same pattern this time especially on national TV.

that game was in toronto i was there - i thought it was 4thQ when kellen came in?  My seats were close enough that mark heard me and looked up when he was walking across the end zone for the tunnel - I yelled "Hey Sanchez you want me to get you a hot dog?"

also remember the braylon drop.  And the Revis pic that sealed it.

I believe that game was a Thursday Night game too.  He got hurt on the 2nd series of the 3rd qtr, there were probably about 10 mins left in the 3rd when he left.  I remember that revis pick too, I guess he struggled throwing downfield back then too? and to throw toward revis when Revis was at his best?

Rex's " personal super bowls' haven't worked out for him in a few years, the Pats and Giants usually slap him around nowadays…mostly because his team gets 5 thousand penalty yards. I expect the same pattern this time especially on national TV.

But didn't you hear?  Rex said he did NOT circle this game. 

his teams always played NE tough outside of a few games.  why would he care about he Giants now?  aggressive teams usually get penalized more.  Remember earlier in the year when we were playing more aggressive? we were getting more penalties, haven't been as aggressive and the penalties have gone down.

Another great article Glenn.

Not only is the running game stalled, and Marshall hurt, but Decker has a cranky knee, and the OL is beat up.    Rex has had his way with Fitz, it's going to take an excellent game to get through this one.

Glad you liked it...never fun finding stats like these though.  Really hope Fitz funds a way to get it done.

Jets are beat up as the Bills are getting healthy.

I've got a bad feeling that our running game is stuck, and it aint gonna improve on Thursday. We've got to try someone else besides Ivory once in a while - just to change things up, and I'm not talking about Stacy. Need somebody fast that can break one.... Ivory isn't what he was, it's not just the blocking. He's hesitating a bit, he's a tad slower, goes down a tad easier... 

cant trade for one anymore and there arent any FA's. where would you like us to go? the Running Back Factory?

cant trade for one anymore and there arent any FA's. where would you like us to go? the Running Back Factory?

Getting Ridley some touches would be nice.  We obviously have to work him back slowly, but a few touches here and there would be good.  He's been active for 2 straight weeks and seen 0 snaps.

But didn't you hear?  Rex said he did NOT circle this game. 

lol , I missed that....on a serious note though as far as Fitz goes...Bowles needs to get with Gailey and steal Tom Coughlins Rex game plan ...play smart , play conservative ( yes we all hate the C word but this is the time and place for it ) and Rex and his gang of " bullies " will eventually beat themselves with turnovers and penalties .

this is a disease

lol , I missed that....on a serious note though as far as Fitz goes...Bowles needs to get with Gailey and steal Tom Coughlins Rex game plan ...play smart , play conservative ( yes we all hate the C word but this is the time and place for it ) and Rex and his gang of " bullies " will eventually beat themselves with turnovers and penalties .

I agree.  If Bowles keeps a cool head (as he's proven very capable of doing 8 games into his tenure), Rex might just beat himself.  The Tyrod Taylor-Karlos Williams duo scares me, and they have way too much talent on the D-Line not to break out at some point, but all it'll take is penalties and turnovers to make this an emphatic win at home.

his teams always played NE tough outside of a few games.  why would he care about he Giants now?  aggressive teams usually get penalized more.  Remember earlier in the year when we were playing more aggressive? we were getting more penalties, haven't been as aggressive and the penalties have gone down.

Rex will hate coughlin til the day he dies , he did what Rex predicted the Jets would do right under his nose.

Rex will hate coughlin til the day he dies , he did what Rex predicted the Jets would do right under his nose.

with a 9 and 7 team that played the Jets that year.  Rex 's reputation is tied up in this storyline.

his D couldn't stop the Giants in 2nd half,  Cruz was disrespected  as a pre season phenom and made our D look foolish,

had we won, Giants don't make playoffs. 

with a 9 and 7 team that played the Jets that year.  Rex 's reputation is tied up in this storyline.

his D couldn't stop the Giants in 2nd half,  Cruz was disrespected  as a pre season phenom and made our D look foolish,

had we won, Giants don't make playoffs. 

that 99 yd TD changed that game and the seasons for both teams. 

they would have walked through us like Tebow did .... Big play, small play, REX is not a good game day coach.

that D wasn't nearly as good as the 2 previous ones, when you make 2 title games w/ 4 road playoff wins it's hard to say he isn't a good gameday coach.  he went into Foxboro w/ Sanchez as his QB against Brady, BB and the Pats and whipped them.

that D wasn't nearly as good as the 2 previous ones, when you make 2 title games w/ 4 road playoff wins it's hard to say he isn't a good gameday coach.  he went into Foxboro w/ Sanchez as his QB against Brady, BB and the Pats and whipped them.

bull shlt.... That's not game day coaching. That's prep.   His defenses gave up long drives in so many games, poor clock usage, poor offense, poor half time adjusting.

He is a below 500 coach.  That simple.

BTW.... What is your tie to UNC?

bull shlt.... That's not game day coaching. That's prep.   His defenses gave up long drives in so many games, poor clock usage, poor offense, poor half time adjusting.

He is a below 500 coach.  That simple.

BTW.... What is your tie to UNC?

he is a below .500 coach b/c of a lack of talent.  he only had 2 seasons in 6 under .500, the roster was so poorly constructed last year it was a disaster. 

they didn't make any adjustments in that NE game? NE was moving the ball well early then that stopped and this was a month after the demolition in Foxboro.  we didn't make any adjustments in Indy, SD and Cincy?  you are being completely unfair b/c you hate him now.  the bottom line is when he had talent he won and he won BIG.  that doesn't happen by accident.  you may win a fluke game but 4 road playoff games? that is more than many teams have in their histories.

Big commitment today for the Heels.

Archived