Gary Meyers Daily News says 1 NY team will make the playoffs

joewilly12

ok, now we're into the quality of the TDs.  And luck. As if this never happens to others.  

Actually, I'm not into anything.  I don't give a flying **** about Marcus Mariota.  We didn't draft him and didn't have an opportunity to draft him.  I was just pointing out that when I saw that play on the break I thought he was playing awful and he went on to have an awesome day.  Pretty much everyone has an awesome day against the Saints, but I still expected worse.

A poor decision by Tennessee Titans rookie quarterback Marcus Mariota turned into an unlikely touchdown, thanks to a pair of New Orleans Saints defensive backs and tight end Delanie Walker.

With the Titans down 14-3 late in the first quarter of Sunday's game, Mariota lofted a pass intended for Walker. Saints defenders Keenan Lewis and Jairus Byrd both converged on the ball, putting New Orleans in excellent position to create a turnover. However, both deflected the ball, with Walker the surprise beneficiary.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tennessee-titans-new-orleans-saints-delanie-walker-amazing-touchdown-catch-110815

You want to give him credit for a ball tipped by two defenders before it got to Walker knock yourself out.  It was a sh*t read and a worse throw.  

Actually, I'm not into anything.  I don't give a flying **** about Marcus Mariota.  We didn't draft him and didn't have an opportunity to draft him.  I was just pointing out that when I saw that play on the break I thought he was playing awful and he went on to have an awesome day.  Pretty much everyone has an awesome day against the Saints, but I still expected worse.

You want to give him credit for a ball tipped by two defenders before it got to Walker knock yourself out.  It was a sh*t read and a worse throw.  

nice argument.  Well picked.  You're right he hasn't impressed at all. A bad throw or read on one pass by a rookie in his first game, first TD pass is significant 

go back to bed. You'll argue anything.  

I love reading the topic and jumping to the end of the thread  to see how the subject has changed.

not really

Meyers was bashing the jets relentlessly all offseason long for not trading up for Mariota.  Mariota had a good game facing a historically bad saints defense he's looked like a mediocre one read Qb every other game

Anything a QB does against the Saints is invalid.  Kirk Cousins threw 4 TD's against them.  Leading up to Rob Ryan's firing they were on a 4-game stretch where they'd allowed 4 straight games of 300+ yards and 3+ TD's through the air. 

Just because Mariota is better than anything we have (he better damn well be after being picked 2nd overall) doesn't mean he's destined for greatness.  He has accuracy issues, and how many times have we seen rookie/young QB's look great then struggle mightily a year or 2 later?  If people are going to preach patience around here for terrible QB's like Sanchez and Geno, we should also be able to say that you shouldn't anoint a guy based on one game.

nice argument.  Well picked.  You're right he hasn't impressed at all. A bad throw or read on one pass by a rookie in his first game, first TD pass is significant 

go back to bed. You'll argue anything.  

What the **** are you even talking about?  I said I saw the one pass and expected him to be having a rough game and he beasted.  I didn't see the rest of the game.  I said that pass sucked.  Do you deny it?  There is no ******* argument because it is a fact.  He had a great game and threw a sh*tty pass.  Is that possible?  If not, Brett Favre never existed.

What the **** are you even talking about?  I said I saw the one pass and expected him to be having a rough game and he beasted.  I didn't see the rest of the game.  I said that pass sucked.  Do you deny it?  There is no ******* argument because it is a fact.  He had a great game and threw a sh*tty pass.  Is that possible?  If not, Brett Favre never existed.

cranky, WTF are you even talking about.  You're stuck on one pass, one game.  Stop arguing already

Anything a QB does against the Saints is invalid.  Kirk Cousins threw 4 TD's against them.  Leading up to Rob Ryan's firing they were on a 4-game stretch where they'd allowed 4 straight games of 300+ yards and 3+ TD's through the air. 

Just because Mariota is better than anything we have (he better damn well be after being picked 2nd overall) doesn't mean he's destined for greatness.  He has accuracy issues, and how many times have we seen rookie/young QB's look great then struggle mightily a year or 2 later?  If people are going to preach patience around here for terrible QB's like Sanchez and Geno, we should also be able to say that you shouldn't anoint a guy based on one game.

Cousins > Brady

OK then.  Because you don't like him it's the one fluky record for one game.  It was a simple comment I wrote.  The same rule works for QBs and teams, you don't control your schedule.  And 99% of all high pick rookie QB are on shlt teams playing a weak schedule.  Yet only Mariota has these records. He looks a lot better than the project he was predicted to be. Has looked pretty damn good, he a rookie, not a vet.  Looked at least as good, if not better than Fitz against not the Bills, had his team winning late.

giving the kid some credit, not saying he'll be a HOFr

Who said I didnt like him?  I've said 2 different times, he's playing better than I expected.  I just didnt know he was having a record breaking season.  When you provided the records he's breaking, I just wasnt that impressed.  That's all.  Kid looks decent, not good, far from great.  Might have a future.  I still think I'd rather have Winston in the long run.

The Giants will not make the playoffs, the redskins will win that crap division and we will get a wildcard.  That's my prediction so eff you Gary Meyers.  And the Jets will beat the g-mice.  

Most NY reporters are giant fans I get it but Gary Meyers is such an assh0le.  If you guys had heard his interview with Boningo last summer he has venom for the jets.  Peter King at least tries to pretend to be objective Meyers openly hates everything the jets do even when it's the right move.

Myers went way out on a limb with that prediction. I can see the Giants winning the NFC East, especially with Dallas now 2-7, the Eagles with Sanchez at QB and the Redskins being the Redskins. I can also see the playoffs slipping through the Jets hands, especially if they lose to Houston. Too many team to climb over and it will be a demoralizing loss that could put Todd Bowles on the hot seat. Let's not forget that Maccagnan did NOT hire Bowles as he has no particular alligience to him and if Mac thinks Bowles can't handle the pressure and make good in-game decisions it may be over quickly for Bowles. I doubt Mac fires him after one year, but after starting 4-1, not making the playoffs in an egregious sin.

Who said I didnt like him?  I've said 2 different times, he's playing better than I expected.  I just didnt know he was having a record breaking season.  When you provided the records he's breaking, I just wasnt that impressed.  That's all.  Kid looks decent, not good, far from great.  Might have a future.  I still think I'd rather have Winston in the long run.

Fair enough.  Again my point was he's far better than people predicted.  How good will always be debated until we get to a finished product.  I made a simple statement that he had set records, not one, more than a few in only 7 games.  

Fair enough.  Again my point was he's far better than people predicted.  How good will always be debated until we get to a finished product.  I made a simple statement that he had set records, not one, more than a few in only 7 games.  

Since every single one of those records involved being the youngest to do something, the first to do something in their first x amount of games and the only to do something in their rookie year, the fact that it has been 7 games isn't that relevant.  He may be better than people predicted, but I did not see a single one of those records being a  record that did not involve age.

Let's not forget that Maccagnan did NOT hire Bowles as he has no particular alligience to him and if Mac thinks Bowles can't handle the pressure and make good in-game decisions it may be over quickly for Bowles. I doubt Mac fires him after one year, but after starting 4-1, not making the playoffs in an egregious sin.

Love this, three weeks ago we're 4-1 and Bowles is a Coach Of The Year candidate, now there's a chance he could be Mangini'd out of town.  LOL.

In order for us go to from 6-10 to 10-6 this year we needed a great running game, solid quarterback play, and a healthy roster.  That's what's changed here unfortunately, not on Bowles.  Rebuilding teams with expensive rosters have this problem; they're razor-thin at key spots and can't sustain with guys out for the season or playing at 60% due to injuries or off-field troubles.  Ivory, Decker, Marshall, Mangold, Pryor, Owusu, RIchardson, Cromartie, and Fitzpatrick all not at full speed.  Colon, Stacy, and Folk done for the year.

Did boneheaded offensive coordination and clock management force us to lose a game this year?  Yes.  But it wouldn't have come down to that against Buffalo if the rest of the roster were healthy.

SAR I

Theyre all relevant that he did it in only 7 games because no one else did it in a full season.  While youre at it reread them.  One record has to do with age.  

Two games with 4 TDs as a rookie isnt age related, its rookie related.  Or TD passes in his first 3 games, its as a rookie, not as a 21 year old.  

Myers went way out on a limb with that prediction. I can see the Giants winning the NFC East, especially with Dallas now 2-7, the Eagles with Sanchez at QB and the Redskins being the Redskins. I can also see the playoffs slipping through the Jets hands, especially if they lose to Houston. Too many team to climb over and it will be a demoralizing loss that could put Todd Bowles on the hot seat. Let's not forget that Maccagnan did NOT hire Bowles as he has no particular alligience to him and if Mac thinks Bowles can't handle the pressure and make good in-game decisions it may be over quickly for Bowles. I doubt Mac fires him after one year, but after starting 4-1, not making the playoffs in an egregious sin.

That would be wrong. He was part of the hiring process.

That would be wrong. He was part of the hiring process.

They were both hired the same day Jan 13 while Mac sat in the last interview with Bowles it's not like he was hired and then did research on his own for a new HC.. The Jets were afraid they would have lost Bowles if they waited for Dan Quinn..

They were both hired the same day Jan 13 while Mac sat in the last interview with Bowles it's not like he was hired and then did research on his own for a new HC.. The Jets were afraid they would have lost Bowles if they waited for Dan Quinn..

The day they were announced as hired doesn't mean Mac didn't sign off, didnt have a thing to do with the hire.  It was reported that Bowles was their guy but they were waiting for the GM to come on board to get his approval.  Hardly a case of no vested interest

The day they were announced as hired doesn't mean Mac didn't sign off, didnt have a thing to do with the hire.  It was reported that Bowles was their guy but they were waiting for the GM to come on board to get his approval.  Hardly a case of no vested interest

JN I didn't say he didn't agree and I have been nothing but supportive of Bowles as HC so don't take it personal.. They way you framed it reminds me of how Idzik was hired.. We have the HC we want if you want to be GM you have to agree to approve of him..LOL

JN I didn't say he didn't agree and I have been nothing but supportive of Bowles as HC so don't take it personal.. They way you framed it reminds me of how Idzik was hired.. We have the HC we want if you want to be GM you have to agree to approve of him..LOL

Not taking it personal at all.  Or thinking that the hiring procedures have anything to do with liking Bowles or not.  Idzik was hired after extensive input from an outside consulting firm, not by football people though.  I don't have a clue what would have happened had Macc not wanted Bowles.

Not taking it personal at all.  Or thinking that the hiring procedures have anything to do with liking Bowles or not.  Idzik was hired after extensive input from an outside consulting firm, not by football people though.  I don't have a clue what would have happened had Macc not wanted Bowles.

Me neither so I guess he must have liked him they do seem to get along fine..

Me neither so I guess he must have liked him they do seem to get along fine..

I've heard each say that they are on the same page, have the same phylosophies on how to build a team, how they want to play the game.  Sounds like the way a GM/HC team should be put together

Archived