Who threw the ball into triple coverage at the opponents 9 yard line Sunday?

PatriotReign37

He just seems like an arrogant guy hell bent on proving that he knows more than anyone and can reinvent the NFL game

Kelly's tenure will go down as one of the biggest failures as well as most catastrophic to an NFL franchise.  The player "moves" are both shocking and bewildering.  Anybody watching Shady run last week would punch Kelly square in the mouth for trading him.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give up?

Thought so.

The latest Sanchez gaffe came with 4:32 remaining in the game on second-and-nine from the Dolphins' 9-yard line. Under pressure, Sanchez rolled out and threw the ball into triple coverage on a pass intended for receiver Miles Austin that was intercepted by safety Reshad Jones in the end zone

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/11/chip_kelly_second-guesses_mark_sanchezs_ill-fated.html#incart_river_index

Austin stopped, Austin cost Philly that game w/ a failure to get both feet in on a would be TD and not looking for the ball on the INT and on the last drive where he would have had a big gainer.  Mark made a bad decision but why, fresh off the bench for the 1st time this year, is the HC putting him in that position?

Not taking blame from Sanchez on that play, but Miles Austin made absolutely no attempt whatsoever for the ball and at least should have tried to keep it from being picked.  He made a couple of other bonehead plays as well that game.  I used to think that local boy was a gamer...

Mark deserves his share of the blame but Austin truly killed Philly in the 4th qtr.

Mark deserves his share of the blame but Austin truly killed Philly in the 4th qtr.

And yet with a win right there for the taking Mark does what we all knew he would do, throw a Sanchez to blow another game.

A killer INT as the announcer said, as he has been prone to doing his whole career

And yet with a win right there for the taking Mark does what we all knew he would do, throw a Sanchez to blow another game.

A killer INT as the announcer said, as he has been prone to doing his whole career

how many times has he done this?  please list all the killer INTs?  and that didn't blow the game, they got another chance and had an easy drop by Murray and Austin didn't loo for the ball on a crossing route that would have likely put them in FG range.

Austin stopped, Austin cost Philly that game w/ a failure to get both feet in on a would be TD and not looking for the ball on the INT and on the last drive where he would have had a big gainer.  Mark made a bad decision but why, fresh off the bench for the 1st time this year, is the HC putting him in that position?

HC put him in the position to come in the game when the starter is injured? Isn't that line one in the job description of a backup QB?

how many times has he done this?  please list all the killer INTs?  and that didn't blow the game, they got another chance and had an easy drop by Murray and Austin didn't loo for the ball on a crossing route that would have likely put them in FG range.

you're right.  He's never done this. I could never come with games Sanchez cost a team by throwing stupid picks.  He didn't end the Eagles season a year ago throwing a pick to cost them a playoff spot.  Didn't do the same in Tenn as a Jet.  Or with the 5 or 6 pick debacle vs the Bills.  The list is endless.  Stop already.  Not doing a 20 post of nonsensical Mark is the man goofiness 

Not taking blame from Sanchez on that play, but Miles Austin made absolutely no attempt whatsoever for the ball and at least should have tried to keep it from being picked.  He made a couple of other bonehead plays as well that game.  I used to think that local boy was a gamer...

Its true.. He didnt even make an attempt.  Bad decision to throw it into traffic but those eagle wide recievers are awful. Kellys biggest miscue was getting rid of maclin. The running game is fine as long as ryan matthews gets reps. However jordan matthews is a drop machine and the rest of those guys are jags. Id say every qb in the league except maybe tom brady and aron rodgers wouldnt do well on that team. Depending on who you talk to they have around 30 drops on the season. I think we have something like 15. Half of that and we b*tch and moan about it. Not saying either sanchez or bradford are anything great but that eagles wr core looks like the 2013 jets.

Difference is this one had people falling over themselves telling how great he was, the system was and how it was the new great thing.  Ignoring all the he downsides of that offense and the effect on other parts of the game

exactly , the moron squad on ESPN was telling us after his first season that he had reinvented football, and that everyone was going to copy everything he did right down to his weight training programs....how's that working out .

you're right.  He's never done this. I could never come with games Sanchez cost a team by throwing stupid picks.  He didn't end the Eagles season a year ago throwing a pick to cost them a playoff spot.  Didn't do the same in Tenn as a Jet.  Or with the 5 or 6 pick debacle vs the Bills.  The list is endless.  Stop already.  Not doing a 20 post of nonsensical Mark is the man goofiness 

you said it happens all the time, please give me these examples of ;late game INTs that cost his teams the games?

Oh the 2012 season at Tennessee and his rookie season vs. Buf.  loads of examples:lol:

Gotta love the old "Only the super elite QB's would do well with that receiving corps" argument.

Last season Jordan Matthews caught 67 passes (8 of them for TD's) in just 10 starts and now all of a sudden he's a "drops machine".  Sort of like Jerricho Cotchery, one of the most sure-handed Jet receivers of all-time, suddenly became a "drop machine" with Sanchez.

Just stop it already.  Sanchez sucks, and we have 7 years of sample size from which to prove that is the case.

you said it happens all the time, please give me these examples of ;late game INTs that cost his teams the games?

Oh the 2012 season at Tennessee and his rookie season vs. Buf.  loads of examples:lol:

Seriously, are you braindead? First you tell me to find an example, I give you two quick examples them you complain that I only gave you two?  As if his shltty play and bad rep was off just two games. Never mind I gave you three.  Done 

I know that he's bad, but I find myself rooting for him. Since there was no Jet game that day, it was a boring Sunday for me, with no real rooting interest when watching the games, until Sanchez got in there, The game became interesting for me, and I was rooting for him, hoping he doesn't mess up... I guess I felt a little like I was rooting for the Jets (the green uniform had nothing to do with it).

Gotta love the old "Only the super elite QB's would do well with that receiving corps" argument.

Last season Jordan Matthews caught 67 passes (8 of them for TD's) in just 10 starts and now all of a sudden he's a "drops machine".  Sort of like Jerricho Cotchery, one of the most sure-handed Jet receivers of all-time, suddenly became a "drop machine" with Sanchez.

Just stop it already.  Sanchez sucks, and we have 7 years of sample size from which to prove that is the case.

Jordan Matthews last year w/ and w/o Sanchez:

w/o: 50 targets, 30 recs, 278 yds, 2 TDs

w/: 53 targets, 37 recs, 594 yds, 6 TDs

I like Jordan Matthews and he played well w/ Mark last year and I expect he will this year.  the issue was w/ Miles Austin not Jordan Matthews.

Seriously, are you braindead? First you tell me to find an example, I give you two quick examples them you complain that I only gave you two?  As if his shltty play and bad rep was off just two games. Never mind I gave you three.  Done 

my quote was:

how many times has he done this?  please list all the killer INTs?

you failed to provide any evidence of this outside of a game or 2 but this is the same guy who criticized his #s in a game he played about half of and had a huge drop from Braylon so what would I expect?

Sanchez does suck but matthews is a drop machine. Please dont compare him to cotchery hes one of my favorites.

Not to mention matthews looks terrible without maclin or sanchez. Comparing his performance last year to this year is ridiculous... New qb, new rbs, and no number 1 reciecer opposite him. Its a totally different team. Matthews numbers are one thing but when the dropped passes come on 3rd or 4th down or in critical spots the amount of drops doesnt matter (even though theyre almost leading the league). My best friend is an eagles fan so i watch a lot of their games. Its not just austin its everyone including matthews. We should look at that team and be even more grateful for decker and marshall.

I know that he's bad, but I find myself rooting for him. Since there was no Jet game that day, it was a boring Sunday for me, with no real rooting interest when watching the games, until Sanchez got in there, The game became interesting for me, and I was rooting for him, hoping he doesn't mess up... I guess I felt a little like I was rooting for the Jets (the green uniform had nothing to do with it).

I don't understand the hatred from jet fans, all he did was help us get closer to a SB than at any point since SB III.  I understand 2012 sucked but no QB could have succeed w/ what he had to work w/ in 2012 and he never bashed the jets even though they screwed him.  why all the hate?

Definitely top 5 of the day for one of the most ill-advised, misinformed, completely irrelevant sentences of the day. 

Don't worry, it's only 10:22am. Things can change!

Definitely top 5 of the day for one of the most ill-advised, misinformed, completely irrelevant sentences of the day. 

Don't worry, it's only 10:22am. Things can change!

Why is this irrelevant?  We were told for 4+ years that the receivers were to blame for Sanchez's struggles.  Now we have to deal with it all over again when he doesn't even play for the team anymore. 

my quote was:

you failed to provide any evidence of this outside of a game or 2 but this is the same guy who criticized his #s in a game he played about half of and had a huge drop from Braylon so what would I expect?

I gave you three off the he top of my head.  Two costing playoff spots.  I'm not answering your stupid request for every bad Sanchez game.  I don't have that king of time and have a life.  He sucked here, sucks in philly.  Move on

Jordan Matthews last year w/ and w/o Sanchez:

w/o: 50 targets, 30 recs, 278 yds, 2 TDs

w/: 53 targets, 37 recs, 594 yds, 6 TDs

I like Jordan Matthews and he played well w/ Mark last year and I expect he will this year.  the issue was w/ Miles Austin not Jordan Matthews.

If sanchez starts he will. Sanchez fed him last year. But actually watching eagles games youll see that offense is extremely mediocre partly due to sammy b forgetting how to play fb and his recievers not catching. Then you throw in horrible play calling, terrible personnel (matthews should be the starter) decisions and that team is a mess. I wont even start on that oline thats always injured.

Please, please everyone listen to nyjunc.  Mark is better than overrated jags like phillip rivers and brett favre.  junc just has to be Stokes from JetsInsider days.

don't ever compare me to stokes if that is the same annoying midget from TGG.

He's not better than those guys overall but he's a better postseason QB than Rivers and was better for us in 2009 than Favre was for us in 2008.

Why is this irrelevant?  We were told for 4+ years that the receivers were to blame for Sanchez's struggles.  Now we have to deal with it all over again when he doesn't even play for the team anymore. 

you clearly missed my post(or ignored it) showing how much better he did w/ Mark than Foles last year.

I gave you three off the he top of my head.  Two costing playoff spots.  I'm not answering your stupid request for every bad Sanchez game.  I don't have that king of time and have a life.  He sucked here, sucks in philly.  Move on

you gave me 2 as Jets after saying he has done it his entire career- where are all these examples? 15 should come to your head if he did it all the time for us.

You attributed Matthews' rep as a drop machine this year to his one half playing with the Enchilada, and not the 17 halves playing with Bradford. Also, those stats you posted to boost up Matthews' reputation exclusive of Sanchez- well, 80% of those receptions and 75% of his TDs last year were passes from Sanchez. So, you know....there's that.

I don't care much for Mark...good riddance I say. I just find it zany that the Sanchez haters all come out in full force still trying to attain validation from the 1 lone Sanchez supporter left. 

Archived