STOP defending a max 6 win QB

Villain The Foe

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I haven't read much this thread, so I'm not entirely sure of where you stand on the issue, but please don't tell me you are comparing Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick to Cam Newton. Please.

At least Ryan Fitzpatrick would jump on a ******* fumble.

re read the post... real slow like ... Nowhere in my post did I compare the 2 QB's just trying to make the point I've been trying to make to these football buffoons its NOT ALL ABOUT THE QB. The QB is no doubt an important part but its an easy cop out to just mindlessly blame everything on the QB.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Geno managed to punch a square on the bingo card of bad by fumbling and throwing an interception

That's it.  I was a Geno fan too, thought he got stuck with  bad situation his first two years.  So what happens?  His big problem is that he's a turnover machine, and in just a small part of the 4th quarter he fumbles, (recovered by the Jets), and throws an interception.  Unfortunately for Geno, his chance to start again ended right there.  I think they're going with Fitzpatrick for a couple of weeks until Petty gets back in shape, then going to Petty.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

well Cam's team is 1-5 so in the jet nation world of QB's that means Cam Newton SUCKS

I mean you know its all about the QB right ?

Carolinas problems are much bigger than just Cam Newton and the Jets problems are much much bigger than Ryan Fitzpatrick

Interesting snippet #1 ... Carolina was tied with our dear Jets last year for easiest strength of schedule

Interesting snippet #2 ... Carolina has the 12th hardest strength of schedule this year, while our own team is tied for 7th hardest

In other words, both teams benefited from a softer schedule last year (Carolina did better with theirs than we did with ours, obviously ;-) ). Now both teams are struggling with the sharp jump in schedule strength this year (amongst other things).

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

well Cam's team is 1-5 so in the jet nation world of QB's that means Cam Newton SUCKS

I mean you know its all about the QB right ?

Carolinas problems are much bigger than just Cam Newton and the Jets problems are much much bigger than Ryan Fitzpatrick

It's all about the qb when it's Geno and Cam. When it's Fitz we see ridiculous responses like what you just posted. Cam is injured and Fitz doesn't suck just because the Jets record is 1-5, it's because of the stats he's produced, which makes him the worst qb in the league, on a historic pace at that. 

You can't see past your damage control responses.

So if I am reading this thread correctly, the OP says Fitzpatrick cannot win more than 6 games, the Jets won 10 with him as a starter last year. He thinks Geno Smith is the future of this franchise, and when the entire team falls apart he pats himself on the back saying how smart he is? Am I reading this correctly? And lots of posters are in agreement? Wowza!!!

1 hour ago, Cap'nObvious said:

So if I am reading this thread correctly, the OP says Fitzpatrick cannot win more than 6 games, the Jets won 10 with him as a starter last year. He thinks Geno Smith is the future of this franchise, and when the entire team falls apart he pats himself on the back saying how smart he is? Am I reading this correctly? And lots of posters are in agreement? Wowza!!!

You're not reading it correctly. I said that Fitz had never won more than 6 games and people need to stop defending his at best mediocrity. 

Sure, the jet's won 10 games last season, but it was based on how Fitz always wins games, playing below average teams...which the Jets had the 2nd easiest schedule in the league right behind the Panthers, a team that turned their schedule into a SB appearance and an MVP. Add to that, he faced one team with a top 10 defense and won, which was the Pats. The others he lost.

The entire season was against below average teams with losing records and below average defenses in which he amassed 10 wins...BUT with the playoffs on the line did exactly what I've said in previous posts. 

This season he's played against playoff teams of last year and has lost everyone in incredibly poor fashion, having the worst offensive output in the league while leading the league in endzone picks, ints overall, fumbles, the least points scored in the 2nd half of games etc., all while only being better than the winless Browns...a team that has already gone through 4 QB's themselves.

Also, I didn't say that Geno was the future of this franchise. I SPECIFICALLY SAID that we should had traded for Mike Glennon. How much more "obvious" must I be Cap'n? How did you miss that? People ha e a problem adding to what's being said...one of the reason's people got all out of control in this thread last year but today those same comments look pretty damn ridiculous. All because they decided to defend a qb that never won more than 6 games before last season, while winning just 10 with the best weapons/overall team he's had in his career yet flushing the opportunity down the toilet by throwing 3 picks in the 4 qtr in a total meltdown performance just 15 mins away from a playoff birth.

Stop defending this dude and/or misconstruing my words. 

There is no defending Fitzpatrick.  He was a journeyman QB who had the greatest year of his career last year, and he's now reverted back to who he is.  A very mediocre QB.  I'm fine with the Jets paying for one more year to find out of he "figured it all out," but after 6 games this year, it's clear that he is who everyone always thought he was after all - a mediocre QB.  Time to move on now.  Right now.  If Petty isn't ready to start, start Geno until he is.  It's time for the Jets to find out if Petty and Hackenberg are going to be added to the list of QB's that the Jets were wrong about or not. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

There is no defending Fitzpatrick.  He was a journeyman QB who had the greatest year of his career last year, and he's now reverted back to who he is.  A very mediocre QB.  I'm fine with the Jets paying for one more year to find out of he "figured it all out," but after 6 games this year, it's clear that he is who everyone always thought he was after all - a mediocre QB.  Time to move on now.  Right now.  If Petty isn't ready to start, start Geno until he is.  It's time for the Jets to find out if Petty and Hackenberg are going to be added to the list of QB's that the Jets were wrong about or not. 

Now, however that wasn't the case last November. 

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

re read the post... real slow like ... Nowhere in my post did I compare the 2 QB's just trying to make the point I've been trying to make to these football buffoons its NOT ALL ABOUT THE QB. The QB is no doubt an important part but its an easy cop out to just mindlessly blame everything on the QB.

I'm just makin' a joke.

You know... like this team.

4 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

You are insulting mediocre QB's.............

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's all about the qb when it's Geno and Cam. When it's Fitz we see ridiculous responses like what you just posted. Cam is injured and Fitz doesn't suck just because the Jets record is 1-5, it's because of the stats he's produced, which makes him the worst qb in the league, on a historic pace at that. 

You can't see past your damage control responses.

has nothing at all to do with what any of you quoting me are saying AT ALL. It has to do with comments out of your own mouths blaming just about every problem on the QB .

The Cam comment was more sarcastic than anything else and how you put Geno Smith in the same sentence with Cam Newton is hilarious.

I'm just making the point that its not always about the QB like some here would have you think.

So in summary if you don't want to blame Cam for Carolina's issues then its really simple STFU and stop blaming Fitz for the Jets downfall when the entire team seems to have packed it in. The Jets stink and have a bunch of what we perceived to be talented players totally underachieving INCLUDING Ryan Fitzpatrick.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm just makin' a joke.

You know... like this team.

that's cool Spoot ... I just get sick of reading the "its all about the QB" Crowd who know so very little about this game  I'm not sure any QB in this league would change this Jets team or done any better the first 6 games this season.

I'm not sure any QB can do well with single back sets and 4 WR's ...or empty backfields basically telegraphing every play to the opposition. Hell even Bill Belichick does not need to cheat against us its all there on film and the stupidity continues from week to week. Is it any wonder we can't run the football when no one blocks for the RB's ? Is it any wonder we cant throw and Fitz is forcing balls all over the field when opposing defenses drop everyone in coverage ?

This is the worst coached football team in the NFL and its not even close.

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

has nothing at all to do with what any of you quoting me are saying AT ALL. It has to do with comments out of your own mouths blaming just about every problem on the QB .

The Cam comment was more sarcastic than anything else and how you put Geno Smith in the same sentence with Cam Newton is hilarious.

I'm just making the point that its not always about the QB like some here would have you think.

So in summary if you don't want to blame Cam for Carolina's issues then its really simple STFU and stop blaming Fitz for the Jets downfall when the entire team seems to have packed it in. The Jets stink and have a bunch of what we perceived to be talented players totally underachieving INCLUDING Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Update, Geno just beat out Fitz for the job. 

Stay away from all windows and sharp objects lol.

Archived