Semi-OT: Schitty failling at University of Georgia too

RoadFan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only after 2 Super Bowls.  Both of which came in seasons where he b*tch-slapped Rex Ryan in Head-to-head contests, and were used as momentum heading into the playoffs both years.  It's nice to be on the winning side of the coin this year. 

Yeah but Rex bitch slapped BB out of the playoff's but that isn't close to beating the Pats in 2 Bowls with 10-6,9-7 teams when the Pats were 16-0 and 13-3..:)

Can't believe some jets fans were dumb enough to actually defend this ass clown

He was a lousy OC but by the same dynamic as other use to defend Rex and wonder kind Marky he was a genius.  Had to deal with awful QB's most years, truly did have almost no talent in a number of years.  His cute game calling at the worst times was his biggest failing point.

Only after 2 Super Bowls.  Both of which came in seasons where he b*tch-slapped Rex Ryan in Head-to-head contests, and were used as momentum heading into the playoffs both years.  It's nice to be on the winning side of the coin this year. 

NYG won the SB in 2007, Rex was the DC in Baltimore when NYG beat a 4-12 Jets team.  if you don't know it takes 5 secs to look it up rather than post misinformation.

He was a lousy OC but by the same dynamic as other use to defend Rex and wonder kind Marky he was a genius.  Had to deal with awful QB's most years, truly did have almost no talent in a number of years.  His cute game calling at the worst times was his biggest failing point.

um ok

As a jet fan I am so happy Brian Schottenhimer's stink will finally be out of both the NFL and College.

Brian Schottenhimer cost us at least one SB appearance with his ineptitude if anything jets fans are way too easy on him

No, they are too tough on him, he sucks and was a bad oc, he also had to put up with mark sanchez at Qb and rex rayn as head coach and a team that invested almost exclusivly in the defense other than a few picks for WR's. 

We lost the Pitt afc title game becasue the vaunted defense got run on by mendenhall, we lost to Indy becasue their 3/4 WR destroyed our 3/4 CB.  They also beat Indy to reach the Pitt game because the offense drove for the game winning FG after the defense as usual had let the other team march down the field in critical time.

Shotty was not good but he sure had more handicaps to face than ole Rexy boy.

Monday? 

...and the number 1 D in the league as well as the number one rushing offense. Which was largely due to the personnel and a HOF O line coach in Callahan. Faneca, Moore and Woody were dearly missed.

There were games when Sanchez threw the ball like 15 times.

You are just a stats guy mon, dont even watch the games.

Lol-Quote from the article; especially the bold:

Schottenheimer certainly has an impressive resume for an SEC offensive coordinator:  nine years’ experience as an OC with the Jets and Rams. He coached under well-liked and well-respected coaches Rex Ryan and Jeff Fisher.

Rex was the well-liked coach; Fisher the one that gets a bit of respect.

Rex was the well-liked coach; Fisher the one that gets a bit of respect.

I guess.  He's been kind of stumbling in that department in St Louis.  Seems to me he's had some nice talent come through there, yet he's 23-35.  Not to mention he's had a few sketchy/bush league moments.  Sending out the players traded for RG3 as captains, the hiring of Gregg Williams, and the hit on Bridgewater this year. 

Was that quote really toward Shotty? 

Dunno. Probably not. I just saw it and thought it was funny.

EDIT: I stand corrected.

http://www.rams-news.com/former-broncos-te-jeb-putzier-no-fan-of-schottenheimer-radio-interview/

Former Broncos TE Jeb Putzier explains why he’s no fan of Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer: “I think he’s horrible.”

It's a sad day for you when Jeb Putzier is putting you down, lol.

Really..Fisher inherited a pretty schitty Houston team, held that job for over a decade and including StL is above 500.

Won more than 10 games MANY times, went to a SB.

Rex is NOT above 500 but talks like it.

The stats dont support you here IMO.

Rex inherited a Jets team that couldn't get to the playoffs w/ a HOF QB and no Tom Brady around.

Fisher took over during the 1994 season, in 1995 he got Steve McNair and could rebuild that team around him.

first 4 full seasons:

7-9

8-8

8-8

8-8

then had the music city miracle and a nice playoff run in 1999.  This season is his 20th full season as an NFL HC, know how many playoff wins he has besides that fluke run in 1999?  TWO.  In grand total he has 5 playoff wins in 20 seasons, this will be his 6th consecutive non playoff season.  The last time he won a playoff game was 2003 so this will be his 11th straight season w/o a single playoff win.

Really..Fisher inherited a pretty schitty Houston team, held that job for over a decade and including StL is above 500.

Won more than 10 games MANY times, went to a SB.

Rex is NOT above 500 but talks like it.

The stats dont support you here IMO.

5 to be exact and that's coaching 21 years now if you want to count a 10 win year he had 6 winning seasons in 21 years..

Rex inherited a Jets team that couldn't get to the playoffs w/ a HOF QB and no Tom Brady around.

Fisher took over during the 1994 season, in 1995 he got Steve McNair and could rebuild that team around him.

first 4 full seasons:

7-9

8-8

8-8

8-8

then had the music city miracle and a nice playoff run in 1999.  This season is his 20th full season as an NFL HC, know how many playoff wins he has besides that fluke run in 1999?  TWO.  In grand total he has 5 playoff wins in 20 seasons, this will be his 6th consecutive non playoff season.  The last time he won a playoff game was 2003 so this will be his 11th straight season w/o a single playoff win.

The longer the tenure , the better the stats.   Like a mutual fund. You need time to truly evaluate them fairly.  How convenient for you to leave off the next two years.    Point being, the stats prove you to be a bloviater once again.   It is your opinion and thats fine. The facts dont support your position.  Playoff wins??  Lets take out the 1st 2 years and compare. When REX had to deal with HIS players.

The longer the tenure , the better the stats.   Like a mutual fund. You need time to truly evaluate them fairly.  How convenient for you to leave off the next two years.    Point being, the stats prove you to be a bloviater once again.   It is your opinion and thats fine. The facts dont support your position.  Playoff wins??  Lets take out the 1st 2 years and compare. When REX had to deal with HIS players.

20 years as a HC, 5 playoff wins.  he ahs only won playoff games in 3 different seasons.  rex has been coaching 6 and has 4 PO wins already and 2 seasons w/ multiple playoff wins(Fisher only has 1 w/ multiple playoff wins).  Fisher's entire career is based off one fluke play against Buffalo in 1999 that may or may not have been legal.  Outside of that one season he has 2 PO wins the rest of his LONG career. 

The facts do support my opinion actually but b/c you hate rex you refuse to look at the facts.

his players?  I love that nonsense, so b/c mangini couldn't win w/ those same players that's a knock on rex?  I guess BP won w/ Steinberg/Kotite players? does that knock him down?

5 to be exact and that's coaching 21 years now if you want to count a 10 win year he had 6 winning seasons in 21 years..

Understood..im simply stating that if you think REX is better OR Fisher is better, its opinion not fact.

The evidence is not strong for either side.....  I lean on a superbowl and his 2 13 win seasons but IMO, its close.

How about this..I GUARANTEE Rex wont have a chance to accumulate half the tenure Fisher did. He, like his dad, will be gone in less than 4 years.

by the way, as far as winning more than 10 games.  remember the AFC Central had 6 teams in 1999 and 2000 when he won 13 each year which included 8 games against div rivals that were .500 or below in 1999 and 6 games against below .500 teams in 2000.

Understood..im simply stating that if you think REX is better OR Fisher is better, its opinion not fact.

The evidence is not strong for either side.....  I lean on a superbowl and his 2 13 win seasons but IMO, its close.

How about this..I GUARANTEE Rex wont have a chance to accumulate half the tenure Fisher did. He, like his dad, will be gone in less than 4 years.

Fisher didn't have to put up with a Brady-BB combo for all of his coaching career..LOL I hope Rex gets a gig on the Sunday football shows he is entertaining..:)

Fisher didn't have to put up with a Brady-BB combo for all of his coaching career..LOL I hope Rex gets a gig on the Sunday football shows he is entertaining..

Rex would be phenomenal on Sunday pre game shows.

The networks will be lining up once he is fired again.

Fisher didn't have to put up with a Brady-BB combo for all of his coaching career..LOL I hope Rex gets a gig on the Sunday football shows he is entertaining..:)

more Brady than BB and Rex beat Brady and BB in their building in the div rd.  who is the best coach/QB combo Fisher ever beat in postseason?  Brunell/Coughlin?:lol:

20 years as a HC, 5 playoff wins.  he ahs only won playoff games in 3 different seasons.  rex has been coaching 6 and has 4 PO wins already and 2 seasons w/ multiple playoff wins(Fisher only has 1 w/ multiple playoff wins).  Fisher's entire career is based off one fluke play against Buffalo in 1999 that may or may not have been legal.  Outside of that one season he has 2 PO wins the rest of his LONG career. 

The facts do support my opinion actually but b/c you hate rex you refuse to look at the facts.

his players?  I love that nonsense, so b/c mangini couldn't win w/ those same players that's a knock on rex?  I guess BP won w/ Steinberg/Kotite players? does that knock him down?

So Manning is a POS because of the playoffs?  There is no debating you, children debate like you.  REX and FISHER both have losing records. Its that simple. Neither is great but neither is by far better than the other. Playoff wins???   Rex has been there 2 times.  He wont coach much longer for good reason.  But OK, pretend you went to UNC and pretend you know football. You aint foolin anyone on this board.

So Manning is a POS because of the playoffs?  There is no debating you, children debate like you.  REX and FISHER both have losing records. Its that simple. Neither is great but neither is by far better than the other. Playoff wins???   Rex has been there 2 times.  He wont coach much longer for good reason.  But OK, pretend you went to UNC and pretend you know football. You aint foolin anyone on this board.

Manning isn't a top 5 all time QB and he's nowhere near Brady.  I don't know what h has to do w/ Jeff Fisher reaching the playoffs 6 times in 20 years.

you get so angry, you should calm down little old man.  Just b/c you can't keep up and I don't buy your pathetic excuses doesn't mean you have to attack me.

Archived