Devin Smith torn ACL

Jetlife33

You should have posted this earlier.  It probably would have been helpful to tell them that getting injured isnt a good thing. B)

It doesn't matter even one bit if injuries are under your control or not or if you are just unlucky,  You get hurt in this league more than once and you get forgotten very quickly.

I think we all feel the same way about Kerley but Decker has just been incredible in the slot lately..I wonder if Kerley will disrupt that

That's the real reason kerley hasn't been able to get on the field.  I really like kerley, but don't think even this is going to get him out there.  Smith played outside, Kerley plays the slot.  To bring Decker out side and Kerley into the slot hurts two positions.  Think we are going to see a lot more of Enunwa 

Guy was a bum his whole career at OSU. 

Had 2-3 incredible games his sr season and parlayed that into being a 2nd round pick.

Great for him, bad for us.

Was always a one trick pony, and now I would be even shocked if he reaches the T Ginn prediction I initially had for him.

Ted Ginn has won some football games singlehandedly O2T, Devin Smith will never be able to do that-same goes for the crappy TE who we drafted last year and got hurt in TC. Enunwa will turn out to be this team's TE in the same mold that Rich Caster for the Jets did 2 generations ago. It's going to take a lot of skillfull assessing by the GM to make up for the lousy drafting this team has been making with a FEW EXCEPTIONS. It CAN be done though, I look at the year that the Patriots signed Randy Moss when they had 13 draft picks and by December the only guy left on the roster was Meriweather at safety and Randy Moss, so despair not my fellow green bloods. 

It doesn't matter even one bit if injuries are under your control or not or if you are just unlucky,  You get hurt in this league more than once and you get forgotten very quickly.

But what does his one season of god awful luck have to do with a GM?  He doesnt have a history of injury that needed to be looked at.  

Never mind he could go on to play 10 years without ever getting injured again

But what does his one season of god awful luck have to do with a GM?  He doesnt have a history of injury that needed to be looked at.  

Never mind he could go on to play 10 years without ever getting injured again

It has a lot to do with it because people pass you by, see Milliner.  Teams do not wait to plug holes very long in this league.  No one is saying turn the page on the guy but if he gets hurt again next year then you have Milliner 2.  A guy with lots of talent that falls away because others get a chance.  We got him to be a slot field stretcher and if if he doesn't do it for whatever reason they will get someone else.

It has a lot to do with it because people pass you by, see Milliner.  Teams do not wait to plug holes very long in this league.  No one is saying turn the page on the guy but if he gets hurt again next year then you have Milliner 2.  A guy with lots of talent that falls away because others get a chance.  We got him to be a slot field stretcher and if if he doesn't do it for whatever reason they will get someone else.

the jets FA and draft should have an emphasis on the OL and skill positions, and with kerley still on the outs here you'd have to figure mcags is in the hunt for another young weapon whether at TE or wr.

All pretty much a moot point right now.  Odds are that Smith starts next year on half season IR.  If I'm Macc i act as if he isn't on the team, and continue the search for a fast WR to stretch the field and compliment Decker and Marshall.  if they find one, and Smith comes back week 8 100% ,and ready to go, great, the Jets have 2 upfield threats. 

Sorry for the kid as a person.

that being said ... 95+% of anything he did this year was wrong

NYJ #3 WR position just improved via subtraction

yeah, too bad he got hurt but he sucked for us. Should have less drops and less interceptions by fitz now. The facts are the Stephen hill had a better rookie year than smith. think about that. 

p.s. his fumbled kickoff vs buff killed us in that game and that loss may keep us out of the playoffs too.

That's the real reason kerley hasn't been able to get on the field.  I really like kerley, but don't think even this is going to get him out there.  Smith played outside, Kerley plays the slot.  To bring Decker out side and Kerley into the slot hurts two positions.  Think we are going to see a lot more of Enunwa 

Exactly, there's no way we should move Decker from the slot . Let Enumwa and Thompkins pick up from Smith , leave Kerley where he is fair catching punts.

you're missing tha point.  Injuries are a way of lif, part of th game.  First of all no one, ever, gets passed by for one year lost to injury.  

Second and th main point, this has nothing to do with the GM.  Don't know why there was a remark about them.  Smith wasn't an injury risk coming out of the draft.

you're missing tha point.  Injuries are a way of lif, part of th game.  First of all no one, ever, gets passed by for one year lost to injury.  

Second and th main point, this has nothing to do with the GM.  Don't know why there was a remark about them.  Smith wasn't an injury risk coming out of the draft.

No you are missing the point, in my posts I have talked about players getting hurt more than once, thus being unreliable and teams getting other players in who pass them by.  Smith was not at some off season workouts do to school, he was injured in camp, he came back and is injured again.  As a gm at the draft table if another good speed playmaker is there for you in whatever round do you say, no problems we have smith!  Or do you say, we have no idea how good smith really is because he was out almost all of last season.

My example of Milliner is out there for you,  Injured in his 1st couple of years and now guys if the ilk of Walls are ahead of him.  The same thing will happen with Smith next year if he gets hurt or does not look good very early.

No you are missing the point, in my posts I have talked about players getting hurt more than once, thus being unreliable and teams getting other players in who pass them by.  Smith was not at some off season workouts do to school, he was injured in camp, he came back and is injured again.  As a gm at the draft table if another good speed playmaker is there for you in whatever round do you say, no problems we have smith!  Or do you say, we have no idea how good smith really is because he was out almost all of last season.

My example of Milliner is out there for you,  Injured in his 1st couple of years and now guys if the ilk of Walls are ahead of him.  The same thing will happen with Smith next year if he gets hurt or does not look good very early.

Milliner had a long history of injuries.  Horrible example.  And one more time it has nothing to with the point, that it's one injury for Smith.  one season.  You want to compare broken ribs and a collapsed lung to being injury prone, ok but it makes not one iota of sense.  You want to lump them together, go ahead.  But to this time frame, the injuries he's had, you're wrong.  

Kenbrell Thompkins (if Kerley is down with the calf injury) would be the next man up. Might see a WR roster move for a dude on the street.

The "dude on the street" will probably be to add Titus Davis back to the practice squad.  They dumped him at the end of last month, but they have had him around a coupld of times.  With Kerley down, they will probably want another player for practice if nothing else. 

Archived