Report: Kenbrell Thompkins not seriously injured

Jetfan13

6_4140570.jpg
(Photo: Jim O'Connor, USA TODAY Sports)

In addition to their overall good feelings after their landmark 26-20 victory over New England, the New York Jets reportedly received some good news on the injury front.

Wide receiverKenbrell Thompkins does not appear to have a serious injury after having to be carted off Sunday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

Though no official timetable has been offered for his return as of yet.

Thompkins was rolled up on following a reception near the sideline and could not lift himself up, even with the aid of trainers. He was eventually carted to the Jets’ locker room for further evaluation.

The receiver was added to the Jets’ practice squad in early October and promoted to the active roster after Quincy Enunwa was suspended four games for violation of the NFL’s personal conduct policy. Thompkins remained on the 53-man tally after Enunwa’s return.

He has 17 receptions for 165 yards on the season.

It'd be great if you could stop posting old news in new threads where others already exist about these exact same topics. I mean in the article it says:

"Though no official timetable has been offered for his return as of yet."

He returned to the game YESTERDAY. So not only is this an unnecessary post, it has completely inaccurate and useless information. Do better.

It'd be great if you could stop posting old news in new threads where others already exist about these exact same topics. I mean in the article it says:

He returned to the game YESTERDAY. So not only is this an unnecessary post, it has completely inaccurate and useless information. Do better.

Dude...brutal.

Not everyone knows Thompkins returned. This thread is good.

6_4140570.jpg
(Photo: Jim O'Connor, USA TODAY Sports)

In addition to their overall good feelings after their landmark 26-20 victory over New England, the New York Jets reportedly received some good news on the injury front.

Wide receiverKenbrell Thompkins does not appear to have a serious injury after having to be carted off Sunday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

Though no official timetable has been offered for his return as of yet.

Thompkins was rolled up on following a reception near the sideline and could not lift himself up, even with the aid of trainers. He was eventually carted to the Jets’ locker room for further evaluation.

The receiver was added to the Jets’ practice squad in early October and promoted to the active roster after Quincy Enunwa was suspended four games for violation of the NFL’s personal conduct policy. Thompkins remained on the 53-man tally after Enunwa’s return.

He has 17 receptions for 165 yards on the season.

Considering that he was on the field in OT kind of less than shocking news

Not sure how so many people could watch the game and not notice Thompkins all over the field in overtime. 

Which is exactly why I said in the other thread that it was absurd that the commentators wouldn't make mention of his return.

I was watching at the bar with the sound not on...weird they wouldnt mention that. When I saw Belichick shaking his hand I figured he was done for the year.

I was watching at the bar with the sound not on...weird they wouldnt mention that. When I saw Belichick shaking his hand I figured he was done for the year.

Likewise, which would have been a real shame, because he's been a really pleasant surprise.

You see him running and looking for blocks on the Enuwa OT catch.  I noticed #10 in the picture and then watched specifically on the replay because I thought there was no way that was him.

Thompkins wasn't rolled up on and didn't make the reception, that was Powell. Thompkins had a hamstring cramp or strain about fifteen yards upfield from where Powell was tackled.  

Looked a little like it could have been a no-contact knee injury at the time.

Thompkins wasn't rolled up on and didn't make the reception, that was Powell. Thompkins had a hamstring cramp or strain about fifteen yards upfield from where Powell was tackled.  

Being carted off I thought it was a hamstring tear., so I definitely wasn't looking for him to return.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jets WR Kenbrell Thompkins did not suffer "a major injury" Week 16 against the Patriots.

It appeared Thompkins suffered a serious injury when he crumpled to the ground without contact. It is still unclear what injury Thompkins suffered, but the Jets called it a calf injury. Thompkins' availability moving forward is still uncertain.

Looked a little like it could have been a no-contact knee injury at the time.

Oh definitely, I thought it was brutal initially, quite glad it wasn't. But the report that he was rolled up on after a reception is just flat out wrong. 

Better that he and Enunwa play, the more dangerous Decker and Marshall are. 

Archived