question for the board

Tinstar

I think you guys missed my point about Mangold.  In no way do I suggest replacing him.  He's awesome still.  The problem is, he gets nicked up and missed some time this season, which is a big deal because the team absolutely sucks when he is out.  It's like we put the pre-super-soldier-serum Steve Rogers in to replace him.  The problem is that we don't have ANYONE who can back Mangold up and that could derail an otherwise great season.  Need to address that, possibly with a new Guard who can slide over to Center and not be a huge dropoff.

I think you guys missed my point about Mangold.  In no way do I suggest replacing him.  He's awesome still.  The problem is, he gets nicked up and missed some time this season, which is a big deal because the team absolutely sucks when he is out.  It's like we put the pre-super-soldier-serum Steve Rogers in to replace him.  The problem is that we don't have ANYONE who can back Mangold up and that could derail an otherwise great season.  Need to address that, possibly with a new Guard who can slide over to Center and not be a huge dropoff.

This is pretty granular for the casual fan like me but I agree on a macro level the OL needs to be addressed sooner rather than later

Nick is awesome, but he's willie-colon fat.  Not fast enough to pull in my opinion.  He's a better anchor than a moving piece.  On the plus side, Winters has been playing much better and he's no where near the penalty machine Colon is.  His improvement has made Willie expendable.  Of course there are those who will just shout "Winters Sucks!" because, well, he did.  But he's matured and completed his transition from Tackle to guard nicely and his increased reps have led to an enormous improvement over the season.

Not just OT to OG,  he transitioned from Division 2 Kent State Spread O to the NFL. It takes time...

We only gave up a 6th (for the following year) for Fitz and a 5th (dumb a** Chicago) for Marshall, what do you think Geno and Kerley are going to be worth? Not much.

We are likely to tag and then trade Mo; he should bring in decent value.  We may be able to trade Milliner or McDoogle, not likely at this point, however.

we're going to franchise and trade Mo in the offseason

I think we keep Geno, just because he has "ZERO" trade value. Let him and Petty battle for backup role next yr.

Kerley might bring you something like a 6th or 7th(bad contract compared to production)

The only place MacDaddy can find some extra picks is either a trade of Sheldon or letting Mo test FA(3rd round pick) or Franchise Tag and trade 1st or 2nd rd. pick

Sheldon won't be a FA until 2018. That has serious value if Mac chooses to go that direction. I'd personally keep him and Mo together but that suspension looming and another violation is a 8 game automatic suspension worries me.Will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Not to mention Harrison.

Geno is cheap, has zero trade value and is still better than 90% of the league's backups I think our Depth Chart next season at qb stays the same

we're locked into long-term deals with 4 of the 5 starters

You can still draft guys to rotate in and learn. Herm and Rex both fell into same trap: early success with great lines then total neglect leading to misery. Hope Bowles is too clever for that.

You can still draft guys to rotate in and learn. Herm and Rex both fell into same trap: early success with great lines then total neglect leading to misery. Hope Bowles is too clever for that.

I'm in favor of drafting a guard or tackle in the first two rounds I wanted Lael Collins but they were scared off by the possible murder charge

I'm in favor of drafting a guard or tackle in the first two rounds I wanted Lael Collins but they were scared off by the possible murder charge

Love how Belichick is evil for "ignoring red flags" with Hernandez but Cowboys are brave geniuses by signing Collins.

Geno is cheap, has zero trade value and is still better than 90% of the league's backups I think our Depth Chart next season at qb stays the same

Sorry to disagree, but I think he sealed his fate with the locker room incident; he is damaged goods and maybe a change of scenery will help, but IMO he is done here.

Personally I think Gailey is using our TE's as only blockers because
their "suckitude" is high.  When Amaro comes back next year I believe
you'll see the TE position join the offense once again

KRL... how can you see the offense lining up 80% of the time with this combination of players.

Just assume all players coming back from this year.

Ivory, Powell, Marshall, Decker, Smith, Enunwa, Amaro. {Fitz is QB and OL stays the same)

7 players for 5 starting positions

KRL... how can you see the offense lining up 80% of the time with this combination of players.

Just assume all players coming back from this year.

Ivory, Powell, Marshall, Decker, Smith, Enunwa, Amaro. {Fitz is QB and OL stays the same)

7 players for 5 starting positions

Isn't it a terrific thought that our offense could actually be a matchup nightmare
for defenses next year.  Any combination you come up with would work, but the
development of Smith, Amaro & Enunwa could really make us devastating.  Because
each of them would bring a size/speed mismatch to their positions 

Isn't it a terrific thought that our offense could actually be a matchup nightmare
for defenses next year.  Any combination you come up with would work, but the
development of Smith, Amaro & Enunwa could really make us devastating.  Because
each of them would bring a size/speed mismatch to their positions 

Having "Q" in the H-back with Powell next to Fitz in shotgun and Amaro, Decker and Marshal would be a coverage nightmare! 4 huge receivers and a good receiving back out of the backfield. How do you cover that?

Archived