Offensive and Defensive needs....

neckdemon

now the obvious need for any team that doesn't have one is a QB fitzpatrick is decent and is capable but he probably isn't the guy we need for the next 10 years. unless we find one though, i think he's the guy for next year. at some pount we do need to get our very own elite qb. but for now, we can do this with the amish rifle, we just need to get some help on the offense still. lack of a runnin game killed us in this game. we also lack a gronk-type tight end. now i don't mean that we can get someone as good as gronk. but a delanie walker level tight end would be nice. our tight ends suck. 

Offense:

RB and TE are huge needs besides some o-line help

Defense:

OLB (pass rush, pass rush, pass rush)

ILB

Biggest needs: RT, OLB, RB

Other areas: Eventual LT, WR, Eventual QB, CB, ILB (though it can be addressed by simply resigning Henderson)

Corner may press up the need board as well. Cro is not being retained, not at that salary. Williams has a long way to go. Skrine is overpaid and below average of pressed into starting duty. McDougle and Milliner are not starting caliber players. Walls is a free agent and likely can get a better job and playing time elsewhere. Revis is declining. Still very good, not Revis of old. Lots of moving parts there, so it's something to keep an eye on. 

Other areas: Eventual LT, WR, Eventual QB, CB, ILB (though it can be addressed by simply resigning Henderson)

Corner may press up the need board as well. Cro is not being retained, not at that salary. Williams has a long way to go. Skrine is overpaid and below average of pressed into starting duty. McDougle and Milliner are not starting caliber players. Walls is a free agent and likely can get a better job and playing time elsewhere. Revis is declining. Still very good, not Revis of old. Lots of moving parts there, so it's something to keep an eye on. 

you don't see the lack of any sort of legit pass catching tight end as a huge need?

you don't see the lack of any sort of legit pass catching tight end as a huge need?

Depends on if you're giving up on Amaro or believe Gailey would even use one in his offense. I think the former deserves another chance and it won't even matter if the latter doesn't feel the need for one. 

Totally agree. RT is a MUST, and a fast RB who can catch the ball. Develop our young WR's like Devon Smith and Enunwa. I like Erin Henderson inside LB, but I don't like Calvin Pryor. Cromartie costs too much and does too little and the same goes for Jeremy Kerley. I would re-sign Fitzpatrick to a cap friendly contract, develop Petty and maybe by the end of next season he will be ready to take over.

Archived