Now that we've all had time to sleep on it..

InstantClassic

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And thusly in a sport where luck plays a huge factor, you are more likely to be disappointed. 

What gives you the right to set a goal for a team that you can't control? 

I set a goal for myself, teams etc.

and I dont believe in luck.  I handle many clients and the 90/10 rule applies. 90 percent of income is earned by 10 percent of people.

Those 10 percent are lucky in the eyes of 90 percent. I can tell you they are not. They are ordinary people working much harder and much smarter than the others.

Same in life...  luck is a word used by those who have not reached their goals and perceive other have.

Personally feel much worse today than yesterday.  Left the stadium in denial so spent the 6 1/2 hour drive home avoiding any sports talk radio.  

I was sure I'd go online today and find out what ailment Ivory had that limited him to six carries.

Reading that Bowles said that was the game plan...I just can't get my head around it.  Herm-esque in my opinion. 

it was a failure, however we ant to word it.  complete may be harsh but it was a failure.  things change quickly in this league, we had a playoff spot drop in our lap and we refused it.

Yes we did players and coaches failed to deliver yesterday bottom line we won 10 games only beat 2 teams with winning records it was a fun season that ended ugly, 

I would rather be in neutral than suck all the time. Jets have sucked before and have not gotten better. That leads to laughingstock. 

The team is in a better place than in 2014. You know how I know that? Because of the Parcells theorem and the play of our young players

thats very different thn my philosophy. I would rather suck for a year or two if it leads to sustainable success.

It's certainly disappointing, but overall, it was a good season. Unlike what some people think, one game shouldn't define a season, unless it is the Super Bowl.

I just think they were tight and not ready for the moment. It's a lesson to grow on. And anybody who says "but they will play a real schedule next year" is full of shot because nobody knows what the teams will be like next year.

I agree. 1 game should never define a season. In this situation, 6 games did. 

and I dont believe in luck.  I handle many clients and the 90/10 rule applies. 90 percent of income is earned by 10 percent of people.

Those 10 percent are lucky in the eyes of 90 percent. I can tell you they are not. They are ordinary people working much harder and much smarter than the others.

Same in life...  luck is a word used by those who have not reached their goals and perceive other have.

I personally disagree with that. I have seen interviews with many well accomplished people who have said that luck played a factor. Being in the right place at the right time, for example. I am not saying that it is the overall factor but it is a factor

After having time to think about it, I still feel the same as yesterday... We didn't come out flat... I don't really think we got "outcoached" either... We lost because we got beat up at the LOS on both sides of the ball.  Obviously our O-Line is aging and needs to be addressed.  As for the D-Line, I don't know what to do about that, as we have so much invested in them, and still can't hit the QB.  We also lost because our 16M CB is not the player he used to be, and we didn't adjust to that.  The QB position and the WR drops fall below both of those issues.

After having time to think about it, I still feel the same as yesterday... We didn't come out flat... I don't really think we got "outcoached" either... We lost because we got beat up at the LOS on both sides of the ball.  Obviously our O-Line is aging and needs to be addressed.  As for the D-Line, I don't know what to do about that, as we have so much invested in them, and still can't hit the QB.  We also lost because our 16M CB is not the player he used to be, and we didn't adjust to that.  The QB position and the WR drops fall below both of those issues.

We came out flat again we most certainly did to point fingers how many passes were thrown at the ground early on we played in fear yesterday of making a mistake all day every play. 

Reading that Bowles said that was the game plan...I just can't get my head around it.  Herm-esque in my opinion. 

The entire game I was rationalizing it to myself that since Rex took the wind, Bowles must be planning on leaning heavily on Ivory in the 4th. There's just no way he could be this clueless, to lean on Stevan Ridley in the biggest game for this franchise in half a decade, over Chris Ivory. That can't be his game plan. No way. No ******* way. I'm shocked I was wrong about that. Utter shell shock.

The entire game I was rationalizing it to myself that since Rex took the wind, Bowles must be planning on leaning heavily on Ivory in the 4th. There's just no way he could be this clueless, to lean on Stevan Ridley in the biggest game for this franchise in half a decade, over Chris Ivory. That can't be his game plan. No way. No ******* way. I'm shocked I was wrong about that. Utter shell shock.

Agree cannot get this out of my mind either why in 1 of the biggest games of the season rely on Ridley  confuses the hell out of me.

Also when they lost on Thursday Night Football why did we throw to Davis in the end zone  game on the line and not Decker or Marshall our go to guys. 

Can't still understand how and why we didn't take away Watkins by doubling or tripling him in the second half. Still can't get over it. It happened with Hopkins in Texans game and it happened again yesterday. Great wide receivers yes but still. It is painful today. Can't watch ESPN and I don't think I will watch the playoffs. Shutting it down until Free Agency. 

I was at the game with a Bills fan and after Ivory's first carry in the second half (8 yards IIRC) I just said, okay, they wanted Ivory to be fresh for the second half so now they're just gonna' feed him for the rest of the day.  Still in shock.

Personally feel much worse today than yesterday.  Left the stadium in denial so spent the 6 1/2 hour drive home avoiding any sports talk radio.  

I was sure I'd go online today and find out what ailment Ivory had that limited him to six carries.

I was very close to making the long drive to Orchard park, I am so glad I didn't.  That must have been a rough drive last night.

Still wondering about Bowles decision to run Ridley over Ivory when asked in the presser he said it was the game plan. WOW 

I think his plan was to limit Ivory because of injury. I will say that he should have just said "screw it" late and put him in. 

Of course, if Powell isn't hurt we aren't having this discussion

No, we won't be.  All 3 QB's are viewed very differently now:

Fitz - If he's retained, he's the unquestioned starter.  Period.  You don't have a 5-game stretch where you throw 13 TD's and just 1 pick, break a franchise record and lead a team to 10-5 (the Oakland game can't be credited to him OR Geno, really) only to find yourself in a QB competition.  Especially since we'll need to pay starter money to bring him back in the first place.  If he asks for too much money and walks, this will of course wildly change the dynamic of the 2016 season. 

Geno - Likely to be cut regardless of what other decisions we make at QB.  He's a distraction we don't need, and isn't even really an ideal choice as a backup.  But if he is brought back, he will almost definitely not be involved in a competition to start.  The coaching staff didn't even want to trust him with a single game while Fitz was recovering from hand surgery.  They don't like him, period.  That's been true ever since the IK punch.

Petty - Returns with a full year under his belt and may get promoted to the primary backup IF Fitz get's his new contract.  The truth is we don't know how much about how he has been progressing, but we do know he has been praised for his work ethic and maturity.  That's a good start.

New QB - We will not enter camp with just Fitz and Petty. 

Fitz - if he's retained is speculation at this point.  Expecting a repeat performance is optimistic to say the least especially vs. what seems like a much tougher schedule.  Either way, he's a stop gap measure at best.

Geno - I see no reason why you would cut a cheap back-up with 16 games of starting experience and cutting him is speculation.  The coaching staff had him penciled as the starter before his jaw was broke. He was no distraction at all.  By all accounts, he was a great teammate this year and didnt get in the way of a 10 win season and record breaking QB performance.  

Petty - is all hope.

New QB - speculation/hope

Reality - its the same exact boat as last season with just a little more confidence in the incumbent if the incumbent is actually resigned.

We're stuck in neutral brother.  Sucks.  But it's fact. 

I think his plan was to limit Ivory because of injury. I will say that he should have just said "screw it" late and put him in. 

Of course, if Powell isn't hurt we aren't having this discussion

Exactly run Ivory until he cant walk win the game there is no next week if we dont WIN 

Fitz - if he's retained is speculation at this point.  Expecting a repeat performance is optimistic to say the least especially vs. what seems like a much tougher schedule.  Either way, he's a stop gap measure at best.

Geno - I see no reason why you would cut a cheap back-up with 16 games of starting experience and cutting him is speculation.  The coaching staff had him penciled as the starter before his jaw was broke. He was no distraction at all.  By all accounts, he was a great teammate this year and didnt get in the way of a 10 win season and record breaking QB performance.  

Petty - is all hope.

New QB - speculation/hope

Reality - its the same exact boat as last season with just a little more confidence in the incumbent if the incumbent is actually resigned.

We're stuck in neutral brother.  Sucks.  But it's fact. 

You don't know if Fitz will be retained, and think its pure "hope" as to whether Petty is any good, yet its speculation to expect we won't add another QB? 

Right.  Because if there's one thing we know to be true, a brand new regime never adds new QB's when they have question marks at the position.  That never ever happens.  We'll just roll with just Geno and Petty and hope for the best.

I was at the game with a Bills fan and after Ivory's first carry in the second half (8 yards IIRC) I just said, okay, they wanted Ivory to be fresh for the second half so now they're just gonna' feed him for the rest of the day.  Still in shock.

Ridley had like 44 touches for 48 yards coming into the game and with the season on the line, he was the game plan.

Think about that for second.

I think successful people create their own luck and when opportunity knocks they're ready.

You don't know if Fitz will be retained, and think its pure "hope" as to whether Petty is any good, yet its speculation to expect we won't add another QB? 

Right.  Because if there's one thing we know to be true, a brand new regime never adds new QB's when they have question marks at the position.  That never ever happens.  We'll just roll with just Geno and Petty and hope for the best.

You took it the wrong way or I didnt elaborate well enough.  You hope that new QB is starter worthy.  I fully expect them to bring someone else in.  The chances of that player becoming the starter are more than a long shot and its pure hope and speculation.

I'm willing to put a pretty strong bet right now, that of the 4-5 QB's that are in camp - 3 of them will be Fitz, Geno and Petty.

Could be wrong (happens all the time) but replace Geno with some other bum?  What's the difference.  They're still stuck in neutral. 

You took it the wrong way or I didnt elaborate well enough.  You hope that new QB is starter worthy.  I fully expect them to bring someone else in.  The chances of that player becoming the starter are more than a long shot and its pure hope and speculation.

I'm willing to put a pretty strong bet right now, that of the 4-5 QB's that are in camp - 3 of them will be Fitz, Geno and Petty.

Could be wrong (happens all the time) but replace Geno with some other bum?  What's the difference.  They're still stuck in neutral. 

Few people thought we'd use a mid-rounder on Petty or trade to get Fitz, but we did.  I don't know for sure if they will bring in a high level prospect, but I'm quite confident our depth chart will read something other than Fitz-Geno-Petty in 2016.  That's the difference, and it won't be an insignificant change.  Even a vote of confidence in Petty by upgrading him to the backup would mean a lot. 

It seems awfully strange and short-sighted to say we'll be stuck in neutral under a regime that added 2 new QB's just this past offseason and got a 10-win season out of it.  We'll move forwards or backwards next season but we won't be stuck in neutral. 

I was very close to making the long drive to Orchard park, I am so glad I didn't.  That must have been a rough drive last night.

It's been many years since I've listened to Howard Stern...tuned in for 6 1/2 hours and glad I did.  Helped me to not think about it.  

Few people thought we'd use a mid-rounder on Petty, but we did.  I don't know for sure if they will bring in a high level prospect, but I'm quite confident our depth chart will read something other than Fitz-Geno-Petty this year.  That's the difference, and it won't be an insignificant change.

It wont be?  How so?  The only way its significant is if their is a new starting QB.

Agree to disagree I guess but I dont see much changing at the QB position = stuck in neutral.

Archived